Hey Guys!
I got pointed over here by some kind fellows over on FSB.
I am interested in getting involved in some trail running/pre-running activities. I go to University of Southern California (business major!) and have always really loved exploring the desert, camping etc. I am looking for Broncos currently, but haven't quite found the "perfect" one yet- I am looking for one with low(ish) miles, manual transmission, and almost nothing done to it, so I can lift it, tinker with it and customize it as much as I want.
USC Student looking to get involved in racing
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: USC Student looking to get involved in racing
Welcome aboard Ben!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: USC Student looking to get involved in racing
A race that some of us will be at, in support of a fellow member, will be coming up in may. Check this thread http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... ?f=4&t=420
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Re: USC Student looking to get involved in racing
Thanks Nick! I would love to go to that race, but I will be out of town.
I was thinking of checking out this one http://www.mdrracing.com/california/3/. Thoughts?
I was thinking of checking out this one http://www.mdrracing.com/california/3/. Thoughts?
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: USC Student looking to get involved in racing
Welcome aboard Ben....MDR has some good folks involved with the orginization. I am partial to MORE (Mojhave Off-Road Racing Enthusiasts) mainly because that is where we run and they keep good numbers. The best way to get involved is to come out and lend a hand. I usually post up when we race in the events section. The next MORE race is in July a great time but usually weather is brutal. I dont know if we will be racing this one yet though.
If you head out to a race on your own please be mindful of the course markers and everything that is going on. Admission is free, stay of the course and be aware of everything from crazed chase teams to dummies thinking they are robby gordon...lol
It is a great way to get out and fair warning its addictive...hope to see you out there.
If you head out to a race on your own please be mindful of the course markers and everything that is going on. Admission is free, stay of the course and be aware of everything from crazed chase teams to dummies thinking they are robby gordon...lol
It is a great way to get out and fair warning its addictive...hope to see you out there.
Jeremy
