The Gun Thread
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I second the dilion opinion, they have a 6 station indexable reloading press, 1st station pokes out primer, 2nd flares, 3rd inserts bullet, 4th chokes ect. It's around 340$ you'll also need a tickler or some crap like that ( it moves powder one grain at a time to weigh it) grain count. U can buy a rotary powder meter but I can't remember the cost. That and a scale n Your good to go. Each round size requires different die sets but its cheaper by far that dealing with the current mark up caused by panic sales. Hope it helps. F*ck Feinstein. I love how all elected officials are exempt from the bs laws they press on the citizens. Also for all u California guys n gals the assault weapons law is defined mainly by the pistol grip. " if the pivot point of the trigger is above the webbing of the thumb it's an assult weapon" so I recommend a Springfield m1a with a jae systems stock, also the mini14, send the minis to accuracy systems n have them accurized n your cal legal and ban or not good to go.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
I'm loving that map, Robert!
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I'm not looking for anything fancy or even fast, I would just like to have the option just in case.Rmc wrote:I second the dilion opinion, they have a 6 station indexable reloading press, 1st station pokes out primer, 2nd flares, 3rd inserts bullet, 4th chokes ect. It's around 340$ you'll also need a tickler or some crap like that ( it moves powder one grain at a time to weigh it) grain count. U can buy a rotary powder meter but I can't remember the cost. That and a scale n Your good to go.
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: The Gun Thread
Those are some pretty scary numbers. The map says that for every 100 people in the country, there is at least 75 to 100 guns in the country as well. This means that we have anywhere between 236.5 Million to 315.3 Million guns total in the United States. You might ask why I think it's a scary figure... We also own half the guns on the planet.Rmc wrote:...
According to a Gallup poll, the percentage of Americans that own guns jumped from just over 41% in 2011 to 47% in 2012.
65% of the guns owned in the U.S. are owned by just 20% of gun owners.
There's some interesting figures at the link bellow where I got this information.. check out the explanation on why murder rates have dropped in the U.S.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... ics/60071/
Here's the link to the Gallup poll.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/self- ... -1993.aspx
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Those are interesting numbers. I don't buy that they're all accurate, though. I'm curious about where they got all their numbers. I find that gun owners are reluctant to share gun ownership information, so I imagine their numbers are skewed by that simple fact... among others.
My problem with polls and statistics is they can be adjusted to suit the author's goal. A little conspiracy-theorist, yes, but these days we get it from all angles and we rarely get it straight.
My problem with polls and statistics is they can be adjusted to suit the author's goal. A little conspiracy-theorist, yes, but these days we get it from all angles and we rarely get it straight.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I agree any stat can be squed by the sample group. I can post stats from both sides of any argument. It's just no wonder the good old USA has never been invaded 
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: The Gun Thread
Well it was invaded but it had a different name at the time so it doesn't count. I don't think anyone or any country would be stupid enough to invade us... we've all seen Red Dawn and know what to doRmc wrote:I agree any stat can be squed by the sample group. I can post stats from both sides of any argument. It's just no wonder the good old USA has never been invaded
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Heck yeah. Piss in radiators and take out bad guys!Agui-E7TE wrote:we've all seen Red Dawn and know what to do
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
Lmao u guys rock!
- Bondobob
- Posts: 504
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am
- Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987
- Location: Bakersfield CA
Re: The Gun Thread
M1A + JAE = NICE!!!!!
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: The Gun Thread
I'd be open to seeing some information to the contrary. Gallup Polls are not politically inclined in any direction and is considered a reliable source for public opinion.SteveG wrote:Those are interesting numbers. I don't buy that they're all accurate, though. I'm curious about where they got all their numbers. I find that gun owners are reluctant to share gun ownership information, so I imagine their numbers are skewed by that simple fact... among others.
My problem with polls and statistics is they can be adjusted to suit the author's goal. A little conspiracy-theorist, yes, but these days we get it from all angles and we rarely get it straight.
However, I do agree that gun owners are reluctant to share gun ownership information and you could even venture to say that the actual number of guns in the country might be higher.. I'm guessing that's why they say anywhere between 75-100 guns per 100 people in the country.
I think it's easy to believe that these numbers are not accurate or skewed in some way because of the people we associate with (the off road and outdoor community) but if a survey was conducted in our community I'd bet the vast majority would be gun owners. We're a minority in when it comes to national polls... just look at how many people blame air pollution on automotive enthusiasts and don't even bother to look at the facts that the vast majority have cleaner engines that pollute less and get better fuel economy.
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: The Gun Thread
better hope we use air cooled VW's and Harley's since Bronco radiators are going to take quite a while to fillSteveG wrote:Heck yeah. Piss in radiators and take out bad guys!Agui-E7TE wrote:we've all seen Red Dawn and know what to do
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
WOLVERINES!!!
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: The Gun Thread
It seems that in times of extended peace, crime rises, passion overcomes self discipline and people forget the value of freedom. Lest we forget.
- johncharlesb
- Posts: 510
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm
- Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco
Re: The Gun Thread
The War of 1812 them bastard Brits burned down the White House and took Detroit.Rmc wrote:I agree any stat can be squed by the sample group. I can post stats from both sides of any argument. It's just no wonder the good old USA has never been invaded
I agree with the larger point that an armed citizenry is a deterent to an invading force.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
I really need to stop smoking
- Attachments
-
- image.jpg (50.54 KiB) Viewed 921 times
-
- image.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 921 times
-
- image.jpg (26.38 KiB) Viewed 921 times
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: The Gun Thread
A friend of mine just shared this with me....
Ammo Locator
http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=223556
Ammo Locator
http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=223556
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Interesting. Thanks for the link, Robert.
I hardly want to shoot these days since I don't know when ill be able to replace my ammo (at a reasonable price). I ordered "at least 2,000" rounds for a friend and I the first week of December and finally got 500 of them last week. The cheapest 9mm round at the link above was something like 42 cents a round. In other words, not cheap....
I hardly want to shoot these days since I don't know when ill be able to replace my ammo (at a reasonable price). I ordered "at least 2,000" rounds for a friend and I the first week of December and finally got 500 of them last week. The cheapest 9mm round at the link above was something like 42 cents a round. In other words, not cheap....
- Becks_Bronco
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
- Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
- Location: Antioch
Re: The Gun Thread
That last one with AR-15 sales is what really ticks me off about "assault rife" restrictions.Rmc wrote:I really need to stop smoking
I do not currently own a firearm, just not in the budget, or high on the priority list. I would however, like to build one when the extra cash exists. I think it's retarded to restrict legal ownership so tightly. The criminals will get weapons no matter what. Most of them own weapons illegally already, and are not reflected in the stats.
