The Gun Thread

User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

Bondobob wrote:The great men who established our country understood this and I think this quote efficiently sums it up:


"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone
under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie
wagon and citizens firearms are indelibly related."

- George Washington
Its too bad the current crop of corrupt "politicians" continue to ignore the statutes written by the founding fathers. They will continue to trade away the Constitution to gain power or recognition.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by robertcrav »

Got my deposit down on a couple AR lowers....
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by SteveG »

Gun owners really need to band together on this or we're going to take it in the.... I heard Walmart is going to continue to sell firearms in their stores. I'm going to send a letter to HQ commending them for this. I'll also send one to Dick's telling them they lost a customer over their decision to stop selling. I have a feeling Cheaper Than Dirt dug their grave with their fiasco. They've gotten plenty of feedback, I'll leave that one alone. I'm going to send Feinstein a letter, too. Even though I know she doesn't give a crap about what I think. I implore you guys to do the same. We really, REALLY need to be diligent about contacting anyone and everyone we can to let them know how we feel and we need to do it ASAP.

If we stand by and do nothing, this will quickly be the beginning of the end, gentlemen.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by philofab »

I sent letters today to the president, my senators, and her. Since my address is AZ her office doesn't even read it.

I wish politicians lived in the same reality we do.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:II wish politicians lived in the same reality we do.
Completely different planets!


Also, man are 10/22's expensive. I thought they were supposed to a be a good, cheap rifle?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

Those of you who havent, join the NRA, and the California Gun Association(?). Their legal team can help anyone who suffers under oppressive LEO invasion and firearms issues. Donate all you can to the cause, if you dont act now, it will be too late. Write to the NRA too, make sure they are defending the 2nd Amendment and YOUR rights.
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

User avatar
Bondobob
Posts: 504
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987
Location: Bakersfield CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Bondobob »

Just saw this and wanted to share it.........

" This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

-Adolf Hitler,1935

Wow and the rest is history
"And God bless the United States of America!"
Elwood Blues -1980
wayfastwhitie
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:36 am
Bronco Info: 1989 4in lift billie 5100

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by wayfastwhitie »

My baby, they can have it when I'm dead !

Image
Dust
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 pm
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994
Location: Central Oregon

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Dust »

Bondobob wrote:Just saw this and wanted to share it.........

" This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

-Adolf Hitler,1935

Wow and the rest is history
Unfortunately:
This quotation, often seen without any date or citation at all, suffers from several credibility problems, the most significant of which is that the date given (*in alternate versions, the words "This year..." are replaced by "1935..." has no correlation with any legislative effort by the Nazis for gun registration, nor would there have been a need for the Nazis to pass such a law, since gun registration laws passed by the Weimar government were already in effect. The Nazi Weapons Law (or Waffengesetz) which further restricted the possession of militarily useful weapons and forbade trade in weapons without a government-issued license was passed on March 18, 1938.

The citation usually given for this quote is a jumbled mess, and has only three major clues from which to work. The first is the date, which does not correspond (even approximately) to a date on which Hitler made a public speech, and a check of the texts of Hitler's speeches does not reveal a quotation resembling this (which is easily understandable when you realize that "Hitler" is commenting on a non-existent law). The second clue is the newspaper reference, which if translated into German resembles the title of a newspaper called Berliner Tageblatt, and a check of the issue for that date reveals that the page and column references given are to the arts and culture page! No Hitler speech appears in the pages of Berliner Tageblatt on that date, or dates close to it, because there was no such speech to report.

Finally, the citation includes a proper name "Eberhard Beckmann," which is sometimes cited as "by Einleitung Von Eberhard Beckmann," which is an important clue itself, because it reveals that the citation was fabricated by someone who had so little knowledge of the German language that they were unaware that "Einleitung" isn't the fellow's first name! The only "Eberhard Beckmann" which has been uncovered thus far did indeed write introductions, but he was a journalist for a German broadcasting company after WWII, and he wrote several introductions to photography books, one of which was photos of the German state of Hesse (or Hessia), which may be the source of the curious phrase "Abschied vom Hessenland!" which appears in the citation. This quotation, however effective it may be as propaganda, is a fraud.


Information from guncite, similar info on many other sites.
Dust
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by philofab »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357179059.002331.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357179059.002331.jpg (133.13 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
Moar!!!
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by SteveG »

Nice, Philo. What's the bottom one?


My letters went out today... Feinstein, Boxer and McCarthy. I'll send one to the pres. and to local-level representatives tomorrow.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by philofab »

The bottom is a 1942 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30. You can still get them for $100-$200. Cheap to shoot and good for 300-400 yards in the regular variety.

The top is a 1953 Remington 11-48 12 ga shotgun. One of the first semi autos.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by robertcrav »

Aweome Letter from a Marine to Diane Feinstein
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/marines ... 1481237582

"Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012"
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Looooooooove that! Well said whoever that soldier is. We need more like him.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

I want to buy that guy a beer and shake his hand.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Agreed!!!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by robertcrav »

Probably the best article I've read to date with regards to the gun control argument....

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the- ... f-the-gun/
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by robertcrav »

5 yr old video about the myth of gun control reducing crime
http://youtu.be/fVcIiQtgN7s
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by robertcrav »

For all you FaceBookers out there....
https://www.facebook.com/gunpolicy
Post Reply