The Gun Thread
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: The Gun Thread
Calico is close n is begging for lead lol!
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Nice shotgun, Will.
So I've been balking at magazine loaders as I really have no problem loading magazines manually. Give me a few magazines and I'll reload as necessary. I don't mind it at all and don't get sore thumbs. Well, last week at the range I tried an UpLula speed loader. These things are crazy fast and easy to use. Within a couple mags full I was loading like a pro and in seconds. Must have and highly recommended!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W70JpqKnUzo
http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-9mm- ... rds=uplula
So I've been balking at magazine loaders as I really have no problem loading magazines manually. Give me a few magazines and I'll reload as necessary. I don't mind it at all and don't get sore thumbs. Well, last week at the range I tried an UpLula speed loader. These things are crazy fast and easy to use. Within a couple mags full I was loading like a pro and in seconds. Must have and highly recommended!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W70JpqKnUzo
http://www.amazon.com/Butler-Creek-9mm- ... rds=uplula
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
The Gun Thread
Thanks Steve!
i'm kinda torn on the mag loaders. i've gotten stupid fast over the years, loading by hand and i have a weird OCD psych factor about rounds seating properly and mag spring tension ha ha. It's probably totally unfounded but i have it
cool product though!
Ever have any weird loads with it? Might wanna try it out now cause the curiosity will kill me
i'm kinda torn on the mag loaders. i've gotten stupid fast over the years, loading by hand and i have a weird OCD psych factor about rounds seating properly and mag spring tension ha ha. It's probably totally unfounded but i have it
Ever have any weird loads with it? Might wanna try it out now cause the curiosity will kill me
T H R E A T Motorsports
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
I used one for the first time on Friday and loaded about 150 rounds with zero issues and it is seriously stupid fast. One of the things I like about it is that it doesn't compress the mag spring all the way. Only enough to add the next round.economig wrote:Thanks Steve!
i'm kinda torn on the mag loaders. i've gotten stupid fast over the years, loading by hand and i have a weird OCD psych factor about rounds seating properly and mag spring tension ha ha. It's probably totally unfounded but i have itcool product though!
Ever have any weird loads with it? Might wanna try it out now cause the curiosity will kill me
When it was first handed to me I said, "no thanks". He forced me to try it and now I'm sold. I'm calling the local gun store today to see if they have one. I seriously think you'll love it. If not, you'll be able to sell it to a gun buddy with ease.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
The Gun Thread
Yeah the magazine spring compression was a concern. I had some weird issues back in the day with quitter springs in mags. I've seen some of these but never tried it or dug into some research on it. That's really good to know. Good sale, sir! Ha ha gonna have to give it a shot and run through 20 or so mags with it.SteveG wrote: I used one for the first time on Friday and loaded about 150 rounds with zero issues and it is seriously stupid fast. One of the things I like about it is that it doesn't compress the mag spring all the way. Only enough to add the next round.
When it was first handed to me I said, "no thanks". He forced me to try it and now I'm sold. I'm calling the local gun store today to see if they have one. I seriously think you'll love it. If not, you'll be able to sell it to a gun buddy with ease.
T H R E A T Motorsports
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
So I picked this up Saturday morning when my brothers, a friend and I went to the range. We loaded about 500 rounds with it and had zero problems and hardly any downtime. Everyone loved it and now my older brother will be buying one as well.
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1345995142014.jpg (32.78 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
I was able to get some cool video with the GoPro at the range (before we were told no cameras). I couldn't pull the frame out of the video so I just took a photo of the screen for this.
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1346080881867.jpg (56.42 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
The Gun Thread
Nice muzzle flash shot! Camera caught some cool detail there!
T H R E A T Motorsports
- cwrisley
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
- Location: El Cajon, CA.
Re: The Gun Thread
How have I not seen this thread?!
Anyways, if any of you are like me and dont really like the idea of Big Brother knowing what you own and all the registration BS, me and some guys at my work are currently ordering our "80% finished AR-15 lowers". Meaning, since Im buying a incomplete chunk of appropriately shaped aluminum, there is no serial number, thus no registration. At first I was immeadiately thinking this was going to be highly illegal, especially in CA, but after getting info from the ATF boys, as long as "you" finish the machining and build and never transfer the gun to anyone else......50 state legal (as long as it meets state regulations, ie mag size, mag release, etc)! Just thought I would spread this lil nugget of goodness to the GFB world.
http://www.colfaxtactical.com/ar15.htm
Anyways, if any of you are like me and dont really like the idea of Big Brother knowing what you own and all the registration BS, me and some guys at my work are currently ordering our "80% finished AR-15 lowers". Meaning, since Im buying a incomplete chunk of appropriately shaped aluminum, there is no serial number, thus no registration. At first I was immeadiately thinking this was going to be highly illegal, especially in CA, but after getting info from the ATF boys, as long as "you" finish the machining and build and never transfer the gun to anyone else......50 state legal (as long as it meets state regulations, ie mag size, mag release, etc)! Just thought I would spread this lil nugget of goodness to the GFB world.
http://www.colfaxtactical.com/ar15.htm
@cwriz
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Did a bit of shooting with my wife and a friend today... good times!
- Attachments
-
- Shooting 9-30-12.jpg (59.41 KiB) Viewed 1920 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: The Gun Thread
Im going to venture out n say that u guys like glocks.....lol looks like u guys had fun!!! 
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Lots of fun. We practiced some moving and shooting. It's always interesting to see how your accuracy changes when you add some variables.93Broncobuff wrote:Im going to venture out n say that u guys like glocks.....lol looks like u guys had fun!!!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: The Gun Thread
Damn sounds like a blast!! im gonna buy some leaf springs pretty soon but after that my money is gonna funnel back into my other hobby:guns lol Gonna pick up another ar15 but instead of it beaing .556 its gonna be a .308 and then im gonna send out my Yugo mauser to be sporterized and restored to bitchin condition.... 
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
The Gun Thread
.308 you say...93Broncobuff wrote:Damn sounds like a blast!! im gonna buy some leaf springs pretty soon but after that my money is gonna funnel back into my other hobby:guns lol Gonna pick up another ar15 but instead of it beaing .556 its gonna be a .308 and then im gonna send out my Yugo mauser to be sporterized and restored to bitchin condition....
My buddy's. I helped him finish it with 2 guns sold ha ha thing is BA! Getting new glass on it this week after he sells a bushmaster lol
T H R E A T Motorsports
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
The Gun Thread
Yeah, he's been to armory and advanced armor school too. All his stuff keeps getting better. He's great to buy used rifles off of too! LOLz93Broncobuff wrote:Damn thats purdy!
*Very good dude... AND he has a SWEEET Bronco too! Ha ha
T H R E A T Motorsports
- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: The Gun Thread
Hahahaha well then that just proves that guns n broncos go hand n hand!
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: The Gun Thread
Went to the outdoor range in SLO today. Shot some pistols (including a friend's new Kimberly 45 1911 and a cowboy-style 380) and some skeet. As the rangemaster said, we converted some cash into noise!
The metal targets are always fun... plenty of feedback while shooting. I had a good run with my full size hitting 8(ish)" circle targets at about 50 yards. Don't ask me to prove it, cause chances are I can't repeat it!
The is a pretty nice outdoor range. It includes skeet, trap, pistol and rifle (covered), bow and several action ranges (ISPSA and USPSA).
The metal targets are always fun... plenty of feedback while shooting. I had a good run with my full size hitting 8(ish)" circle targets at about 50 yards. Don't ask me to prove it, cause chances are I can't repeat it!
The is a pretty nice outdoor range. It includes skeet, trap, pistol and rifle (covered), bow and several action ranges (ISPSA and USPSA).
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
