HDRA 500, Reno

Races, meets, etc
toddz69
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by toddz69 »

Sorry to hear about your Bronco, Greg. That just hurts. I'm glad that Bob has a parts truck for you. EB folks are awesome and he's a great guy!

Todd Z.
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by flyinbronco »

Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by Nick »

flyinbronco wrote:Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
So you got hush money!?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by Silverslk »

Nick wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
So you got hush money!?

Sounds like Scientology got a hold of you too!! :D :lol:
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by tcm glx »

Nick wrote:
flyinbronco wrote:Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
So you got hush money!?

Hahahahahaha. That was funny as hell Nick
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by flyinbronco »

Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease or maybe this time it was the shreaded tires that got greased.


Hush money?.......please forgive Nick he's been watching to many gangster movies.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by philofab »

Money... nope.

Roger is having Rick drive his TT next year.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

That'll work. He could use a heavier foot at times. Rick's good for that!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
PBR
Founder
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by PBR »

i saw rick right before the drivers meeting, always good to see an og gfb member!

really sorry to hear about your eb greg, but you were a legend in the pits! everyone was talking about the bad ass eb pulling everyone out of harms way! thatta boy!

race was a cluster fuck! ivan stewart and rod hall started apologizing for the problems that would happen even before they happened. the course was brutal! i rode in a wide open car and i got the shit beat out of me! the winner averaged 37mph and 41 out of 68 vehicles dnf'd! it wasn't desert racing, it was closer to koh stuff.

with that being said i think that this race has the potential to be awesome in years to come.

private land + big bucks = success!!!!!!!! this could be the future of offroad racing.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by philofab »

PBR wrote:race was a cluster fuck! ivan stewart and rod hall started apologizing for the problems that would happen even before they happened. the course was brutal! i rode in a wide open car and i got the shit beat out of me! the winner averaged 37mph and 41 out of 68 vehicles dnf'd! it wasn't desert racing, it was closer to koh stuff.
More people from Arizona would have fixed that. We're just built tougher. People say the Laughlin course is rough... truth is it's considered a normal dirt road out here.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by flyinbronco »

PBR wrote:i saw rick right before the drivers meeting, always good to see an og gfb member!

always good to see ya Ollie.

really sorry to hear about your eb greg, but you were a legend in the pits! everyone was talking about the bad ass eb pulling everyone out of harms way! thatta boy!

I still can't believe how easy Greg made it look. Hardly any wheel spin just an easy tug to the top. The super duty was anthor story. I never thought I'd beat on her like that.

race was a cluster fuck! ivan stewart and rod hall started apologizing for the problems that would happen even before they happened. the course was brutal! i rode in a wide open car and i got the shit beat out of me! the winner averaged 37mph and 41 out of 68 vehicles dnf'd! it wasn't desert racing, it was closer to koh stuff.

with that being said i think that this race has the potential to be awesome in years to come.

private land + big bucks = success!!!!!!!! this could be the future of offroad racing.

I wish I could have talked Don into running it. It was our big shot at an overall win. That would have been so cool.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
Broncodawg
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
Location: Bishop, CA

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by Broncodawg »

No wonder you haven't posted up on RDC with your thoughts Rick.....haha! Any mention of what happened to me from Roger and Robert when you spoke to them?
Bronco was kicking butt pulling rigs up, but I had aired down to 12 lbs which helped a ton. Even pulled Rick and a racer up once. Hell of a way to break into race retrieval tho!

Yep, a 4x4 could have taken the overall given the slow speeds, next year Don?
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
Broncodawg
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
Location: Bishop, CA

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by Broncodawg »

really sorry to hear about your eb greg, but you were a legend in the pits! everyone was talking about the bad ass eb pulling everyone out of harms way! thatta boy!

Thanks Ollie, nice to hear and she'll be back to yank out more racers hopefully sooner than later.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by philofab »



My spys have come through.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by flyinbronco »

Nice detective work Philo that's awesome. Where were you when I was going through my divorce?


That was right after we lost the Bronco. Some how all three of my shackles ended up in it at the bottom of the ravine and the car didn't have much tube sticking out to hook the strap to without it.


Almost forgot how steep that stupid hill was.


Yep Don, you missed your chance for an overall in the Bronco for sure. If nothing else you could have made back your entry fee by making some cash deals with the waiting racers. You know supply and demand and all that.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Damn that's a lot of idling...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by tcm glx »

Are we going to see pics of the Bronco?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by philofab »

I'm happy I didn't go to that race... I'm sure that would have been my area.

HDRA probably thought all Bronco guys were as talented as me... hence why they didn't help you much.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by flyinbronco »

philofab wrote:I'm happy I didn't go to that race... I'm sure that would have been my area.

HDRA probably thought all Bronco guys were as talented as me... hence why they didn't help you much.

They told us you couldn't make it Philo so they brought out the useless dozer you see on the left at the end of the video. It would have made a good winch anchor though.

Seriously, we tried hard to hustle and get everyone up but it was a losing battle. I wish I would have had my Bronco there it would have been a different story for sure but its still in prep for the August trip.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: HDRA 500, Reno

Post by philofab »

I was just messing with you.

That was a rough job you guys got handed. I am sending in a revision for the retrieval handbook due to what you guys went though and the events that transpired.

"Ignore everyone that is stuck and assist the DA if they have issues with the Cougar."
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Post Reply