Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Texas_Baja
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 am
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco, White XLT 351. Building a trail / go fast truck.

Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by Texas_Baja »

Installing a Solo Motorsports engine cage/coil over hoops. I had to unbolt the antilock brake controller next to the steering box. What are you guys doing with this, where is a good spot to relocate. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it, I would assume all you would need is a proportioning valve, new lines. Are there some error codes to clear if you remove it? Any kits or links for parts.

Thanks!
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by Silverslk »

Too lazy to search for it right now but there is a thread about removing ABS.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
economig
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
Location: SW Riverside County

Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by economig »

Agreed with what Andy said...

If you google it, there's several detailed threads with close-up pictures for "Full Size Bronco ABS delete" i would post a saved link but i'm on my mobile (sorry). Shows all the wiring with labeling, etc.

I'm probably going to delete mine and do a dual bore CNC pedal assembly with 16" swing pedal (full size) but i'm pinching pennies til i can buy it all and set it up.

I hooped my engine cage over the ABS module so that it barely clears and i can leave it if i want or not. Thought SOLO's was the same? Can't remember off top of my head though
T H R E A T Motorsports
User avatar
Silverslk
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Contact:

Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by Silverslk »

SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
User avatar
economig
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
Location: SW Riverside County

Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by economig »

Holy awesome link info batman! Ha ha that's the one!!! :D
T H R E A T Motorsports
Texas_Baja
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 am
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco, White XLT 351. Building a trail / go fast truck.

Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by Texas_Baja »

User avatar
Deleted Account
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm
Bronco Info: depends on what day
Location: Ramona, California

Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by Deleted Account »

I have found the the trashcan is an excellent place to keep my abs......
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by cs_drums »

I just removed all my abs stuff using the link posted above. It was a little over whelming on paper (I printed everything from the link out) but once i started taking stuff out it all made sence. Now if I can just finish the rest of the truck so I can drive it around and make sure it works!! HAHA
Texas_Baja
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 am
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco, White XLT 351. Building a trail / go fast truck.

Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes

Post by Texas_Baja »

ABS Removed!! Wasn't so bad still need to install a proportioning valve. Any recommendations ? Don't need anything fancy just reliable. Thanks
Post Reply