1996 Bronco Info Wanted

User avatar
robjs111
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 am
Bronco Info: 1998 F150 , Bronco in Progress
Location: Anthem, AZ

1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by robjs111 »

Wondering what you guys think of a 1996 Bronco XLT with 50k original miles. Bronco was hit in pass side door, repaired but has been back east since new and has some rust, rot issues. Asking 10k???
Pics below.
Thanks.
Rob
Attachments
96_bronco (10).jpg
96_bronco (10).jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
96_bronco (19).jpg
96_bronco (19).jpg (42.19 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
96_bronco (2).jpg
96_bronco (2).jpg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by philofab »

10K seems high for stock sport with issues. You can buy a clean Sport rust free in California for about 4-6K and have it shipped to NY for about 1K.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
robjs111
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 am
Bronco Info: 1998 F150 , Bronco in Progress
Location: Anthem, AZ

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by robjs111 »

Well I have been living in Vegas since 2001 and fell in luv with off road racing. Back in NY working to keep job due to cutbacks but not for much longer. What do you think its worth with 50k original miles?

1996 Broncos any better than 95 and under? Think they have Gen II ECU, etc but not sure.

Thanks.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:10K seems high for stock sport with issues. You can buy a clean Sport rust free in California for about 4-6K and have it shipped to NY for about 1K.
Ditto. For 10K in Cali you can buy a Bronco with a bunch of desert goodies already installed.

Thread moved.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I got my 1995 one owner 79k mile Bronco for $4,500.00 and it's one of the cleaner Broncos I have seen while shopping for Broncos:

Image
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by philofab »

robjs111 wrote:Well I have been living in Vegas since 2001 and fell in luv with off road racing. Back in NY working to keep job due to cutbacks but not for much longer. What do you think its worth with 50k original miles?

1996 Broncos any better than 95 and under? Think they have Gen II ECU, etc but not sure.

Thanks.
Most 96 have a MAF and are ODB2. Are they better? Not really, just different. Even with only 50k miles I would avoid it due to rust issues... I'm a spoiled AZ boy. I'm sure the values of these things are way different in NY so my input may not be valid.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by Nick »

philofab wrote:10K seems high for stock sport with issues. You can buy a clean Sport rust free in California for about 4-6K and have it shipped to NY for about 1K.
What he said!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
Squarehead
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by Squarehead »

BajaBronco13 wrote:I got my 1995 one owner 79k mile Bronco for $4,500.00 and it's one of the cleaner Broncos I have seen while shopping for Broncos:

Image

Man, that is one nice looking Bronco.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Broncos are dirt cheap over here now. Definitely skip the 10K one and take a trip to Calif. when you get back to Vegas. I know where one just like that (it's a 94 I think though) is for $2500. Lots more miles but body is much better. Motor work costs less than body work...

Also - for the 95 vs. 96 here in CA it can be a big deal. OBD2 can be much harder to get through smog. If you won't have to deal with the smog nazi's like here in CA there's not enough difference to worry about.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by Polarcub »

What everyone else has said 10K too much even with low mileage...the rust issues will continue. Interior looks clean though.
Jeremy
gr8brnc
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am
Bronco Info: 96 Bronco, 535hp, lots of glass, coil overs coming soon

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by gr8brnc »

I paid to much for mine here in North Carolina. I paid 5k with over 100k miles but it did not have a spot of rust on it. I would look down south this way if I were you. Unlike the west coast you could fly or drive down and go back easily on a weekend!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by BajaBronco13 »

gr8brnc wrote: Unlike the west coast you could fly or drive down and go back easily on a weekend!
Isn't there the humidity factor for Southern cars that also causes the rust issue? I still think it's better to find a good Bronco out West (CA, AZ, NV) and maybe in Texas.

I don't know what a Bronco cost to ship but last time I sold a vintage truck on ebay the buyer paid $600 to ship it from LA to Iowa.

Just food for thought.

Chris
gr8brnc
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am
Bronco Info: 96 Bronco, 535hp, lots of glass, coil overs coming soon

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by gr8brnc »

The worst you will find in the south is some surface rust if the vehicle has spent it's entire life here. I will agree that you can't beat the dry air of the desert though!
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by Nick »

"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Rob - that's the one I told you about in my PM. She's at $2500 on DR. As I said - Broncos are CHEAP out here right now ;)
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
jenny
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Ford Bronco XLT = manual hubs, 10in flip downd dvd player, trani temp gauge, and CB radio hook up

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by jenny »

hey I have that same bronco for sale! lol but I have a black bumper and alot of extras for only 3k
jenny
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Ford Bronco XLT = manual hubs, 10in flip downd dvd player, trani temp gauge, and CB radio hook up

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by jenny »

and mine has absolutly no rust
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 1996 Bronco Info Wanted

Post by tcm glx »

BajaBronco13 wrote:
gr8brnc wrote: Unlike the west coast you could fly or drive down and go back easily on a weekend!
Isn't there the humidity factor for Southern cars that also causes the rust issue? I still think it's better to find a good Bronco out West (CA, AZ, NV) and maybe in Texas.

I don't know what a Bronco cost to ship but last time I sold a vintage truck on ebay the buyer paid $600 to ship it from LA to Iowa.

Just food for thought.

Chris

Yeah, not all So Cal cars are good..... you have to stay away from people that live ocean front. When I was on the hunt for mine, i found a 94 XLT, original owner with 125K miles...... guy wanted 3500, problem is he lived in Pacific Beach, it has ruston pretty much every single bolt under the hood, and on the chasis.....

princess, on the other hand was a 2nd owner, spent most of its life in El Cajon, away from the shoreline, and hardly any rust
Post Reply