Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

User avatar
95_Bronco
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:09 am
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco Eddie Bauer

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by 95_Bronco »

Torta Runner wrote:where could I find a fiberglass hood for the 84 bronco
http://glassworksunlimited.com/19to19fseand.html

http://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/cust ... 7&page=101
SMT Racing: Co-Dog
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Torta Runner wrote:where could I find a fiberglass hood for the 84 bronco
Jay since you're the new owner of White Lightening (as she is officially know as, LOL) post some pictures up of the amber lights you mounted over the weekend.

Oh and I'll be on the look out for an Autofab hood for you at the LeDuc Swap Meet.

Chris
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Okay I got these from Jay. He mounted up his Pro-Comp amber lights:

Image

Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

so when are you gonna buy another to replace that one??? You know you want to ;)

Oh - and possible bad news - maybe no LeDuc for me. PM or email me if you want details...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Why bother now Steve, I can just jump in my nephew's ride :)

Actually, spotted this one in Santa Maria while I was working up there last week:

Image

Image

But didn't stop by to ask if it was for sale.

I'll give you a buzz this week to find out the scoop on the LeDuc Swap Meet.
Last edited by BajaBronco13 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torta Runner
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by Torta Runner »

I saw a couple broncos on race-dezert.com
User avatar
95_Bronco
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:09 am
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco Eddie Bauer

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by 95_Bronco »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Okay I got these from Jay. He mounted up his Pro-Comp amber lights:

Image

Image
Im looking for a spot to put my new LED Amber...did you just put your through the roof?!
SMT Racing: Co-Dog
Torta Runner
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Christopher's 1984 Bronco

Post by Torta Runner »

95_Bronco yeah we did I'm saving up for a cage, but I'll post some pictures of the inside and how we made our own brackets
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Though the white Bronco is no longer mine I'm stll on the hunt for parts for my nephew Jay. Since this Bronco is a low budget build I'm trying to keep the parts list on the same track. I picked up these Rancho radius arms for $150.00. I'll have them media blasted and plated on the cheap and mount them up to Jay's Bronco.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Those of you who have taken Rancho arms and plated them please post pics.

Chris
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by Nick »

What ra's are on there now?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick wrote:What ra's are on there now?

Stock radius arms Nick. Strange that it has cut, turned and gusset beams but they didn't run extended radius arms.
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by Nick »

You're a great uncle, Chris! I hope he's mowing your lawn, or taking out your trash cans.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick wrote:You're a great uncle, Chris! I hope he's mowing your lawn, or taking out your trash cans.

Thanks Nick. I think it's written some where when you're the nino that you gotta hook up your nephew, LOL.
Torta Runner
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by Torta Runner »

My uncle Chris is a really good uncle I'm thankful that he's helping me put white lighting together, and she's coming up slowly.
THANK YOU NINNO CHRIS ;)
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by Nick »

Where did you find those Chris?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick wrote:Where did you find those Chris?
Tony hooked me up with LarryP from FSB that was selling them. I had been looking at Threat Motorsports $425.00 radius arms but these were a better deal.
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by Nick »

BajaBronco13 wrote:
Nick wrote:Where did you find those Chris?
Tony hooked me up with LarryP from FSB that was selling them. I had been looking at Threat Motorsports $425.00 radius arms but these were a better deal.
For sure. Plate em, and get some new bushings, and they'll do fine.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
JERAD121
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 pm
Bronco Info: 95 EX BORDER PATROL BRONCO. 6'' LIFT 35'' BFG. 4.56 GEARS STOCK LITTLE 302
Location: Garbage grove ca

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by JERAD121 »

I dig your side mirrors do you build those?
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by BajaBronco13 »

JERAD121 wrote:I dig your side mirrors do you build those?
Hey Jerad,

Those were from my class 3 build that hasn't taken off yet. I had Titan Off Road in the City of Orange build them years ago. Titan is no longer in business but I'm sure any fab shop can easily make them. I copied them off of this Explorer at the Baja 500 2007:

Image up against my four door's bronco's door.

Ford Explorer

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Easy to make and many race trucks have versions of these. I've got a couple pictures of slightly different layout on the mirrors. All end up doing the same thing though.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Post Reply