Music...what do you listen to?
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I've been listing to a lot of The Misfits, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys etc.. Really Haven't stepped out of the realm of music i grew up listing too.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
- valor100
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:12 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Ford Bronco 5.8 had Pro Comp lift, know it sits on top of Solo 4 over cut and turned TTB's
- Location: Murrieta Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Well lets see where to begin. Growing up I played percussion instruments. Mostly Drums and still do. Typically it is loud very loud, heavy, hard hitting. I call it rock but has been known to be called Heavy Metal. Anything from Led Zepplin to Helloween. Music from the 80's can still be heard coming from radio. Iron Maiden, Armored Saint, Van Halen, Ratt Because i grew up right around the corner from them before they went to LA. Old and new
Dokken
Tesla
Nightwish
Dragon Force
Steel Heart
Stratovarius
Evanescence
Sonata Artica
QueensRyche
Dream Theater
Bang Tango
Dio
Yngwie Malmsteen
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Crimson Glory
God Smack
Creed
Loudness
Vision Divine
Nickle Back
Shine Down
Just to name a few.
Dokken
Tesla
Nightwish
Dragon Force
Steel Heart
Stratovarius
Evanescence
Sonata Artica
QueensRyche
Dream Theater
Bang Tango
Dio
Yngwie Malmsteen
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Crimson Glory
God Smack
Creed
Loudness
Vision Divine
Nickle Back
Shine Down
Just to name a few.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Nice list! I like a lot of the same stuff.valor100 wrote:Well lets see where to begin. Growing up I played percussion instruments. Mostly Drums and still do. Typically it is loud very loud, heavy, hard hitting. I call it rock but has been known to be called Heavy Metal. Anything from Led Zepplin to Helloween. Music from the 80's can still be heard coming from radio. Iron Maiden, Armored Saint, Van Halen, Ratt Because i grew up right around the corner from them before they went to LA. Old and new
Dokken
Tesla
Nightwish
Dragon Force
Steel Heart
Stratovarius
Evanescence
Sonata Artica
QueensRyche
Dream Theater
Bang Tango
Dio
Yngwie Malmsteen
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Crimson Glory
God Smack
Creed
Loudness
Vision Divine
Nickle Back
Shine Down
Just to name a few.
I went to school with James Hetfield of Metalica.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- valor100
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:12 am
- Bronco Info: 1992 Ford Bronco 5.8 had Pro Comp lift, know it sits on top of Solo 4 over cut and turned TTB's
- Location: Murrieta Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
That's cool. Was he a cool dude. I used to skip 5th period and go down to Mission Bay High. Frank Zappa went to mission Bay and the music teacher was way cool about me being their, even though I was from a rival school and not in his class. I would hang out and join in and perticipate. And he would tell us Zappa stories.Nick wrote:Nice list! I like a lot of the same stuff.valor100 wrote:Well lets see where to begin. Growing up I played percussion instruments. Mostly Drums and still do. Typically it is loud very loud, heavy, hard hitting. I call it rock but has been known to be called Heavy Metal. Anything from Led Zepplin to Helloween. Music from the 80's can still be heard coming from radio. Iron Maiden, Armored Saint, Van Halen, Ratt Because i grew up right around the corner from them before they went to LA. Old and new
Dokken
Tesla
Nightwish
Dragon Force
Steel Heart
Stratovarius
Evanescence
Sonata Artica
QueensRyche
Dream Theater
Bang Tango
Dio
Yngwie Malmsteen
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Crimson Glory
God Smack
Creed
Loudness
Vision Divine
Nickle Back
Shine Down
Just to name a few.
I went to school with James Hetfield of Metalica.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Honestly, i didn't know him. Had i known then what he would become, i would've paid more attention.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
My wife and I took our 16 year old son Tony to a Social Distortion concert and we didn't realize Face to Face was the opening band. Those guys still rock after all of these years:
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Gotta throw a little Slipknot in here:
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I grew up in the san Diego punk scene,then we moved to the bay area for a little while and I got.into it there. OperationIvy,D.R.I.,bad religion,etc......stage dives and many bottles.of.night train.....
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Op Ivy and Face to Face Still Scream on my Ghetto Blaster!.. Face to Face is my Wife's all time favorite Band, Love seeing them Play!... Operation Ivy has a cool story behind them. Original Front man went on a Mormon Mission, Then Tim Armstrong took over and Created Rancid. Which is Another awesome band!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
TIM mooched off my.bother years ago in nycbefore my brother got married .he slept.on his couch. He also kicked.me in the face song a stage dive at the farm in san fransisco....LOL
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Ha ha! Lars fredericksen, Tims right hand man. is my wifes second cousin, or something like that!.. lol.bajascott wrote:TIM mooched off my.bother years ago in nycbefore my brother got married .he slept.on his couch. He also kicked.me in the face song a stage dive at the farm in san fransisco....LOL
Last edited by Andy Jones on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I knew Jesse quit so Tim started Rancid. Never heard/knew Jesse went off on a Mormon mission though! Op Ivy was great! Too bad they were so short lived...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Anyone old enough to remember Fenders Ball Room in Long Beach? You could see three punk bands in one night for less then $10-$15 bucks. Years later it burnt down.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I remember that place. There was also Big Johns on Orangethorpe in Anaheim. 50 pool tables, thrash metal and punk bands, good times at that place!BajaBronco13 wrote:Anyone old enough to remember Fenders Ball Room in Long Beach? You could see three punk bands in one night for less then $10-$15 bucks. Years later it burnt down.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I have flyers from fenders.a ton of Tim maze presents.
- only1mikey
- Posts: 494
- Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
- Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
- Location: Simi Valley, CA
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
if you liked Op Ivy, check out Common Rider, it's Jesse's band years after Op Ivy, some good stuff.
Great list on music for a bunch of old foggies.
Lately I have been into Iron Maiden pre Bruce Dickinson, but I usually listen to punk, ska, surf rock, old rock, new rock, pretty much any rock, but my roots are punk mostly. And since it came up I like a little Metallica, but there were what they were because of=Dave Mustaine
HAHAHA just shit talking! Rock on GFBers!
Mike
Great list on music for a bunch of old foggies.
Lately I have been into Iron Maiden pre Bruce Dickinson, but I usually listen to punk, ska, surf rock, old rock, new rock, pretty much any rock, but my roots are punk mostly. And since it came up I like a little Metallica, but there were what they were because of=Dave Mustaine
HAHAHA just shit talking! Rock on GFBers!
Mike
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Seriously, Dave Mustaine didn't get a whole lot of credit for quite a few songs and was thrown out for whatever reason. I like Metallica but The Four Horseman was clearly Dave Mustaine's work (Mechanix)
The way I see it, Megadeath kicked ass as did Metallica. Bottom line, Motley Crue rocked the hardest!
The way I see it, Megadeath kicked ass as did Metallica. Bottom line, Motley Crue rocked the hardest!
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
I've been revisiting some of the music from my youth. These two songs are really capturing how i feel right now!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- mrmatt
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: I don't have a bronco but all of my chase crew does
- Location: garden grove,ca
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Nick wrote:I remember that place. There was also Big Johns on Orangethorpe in Anaheim. 50 pool tables, thrash metal and punk bands, good times at that place!BajaBronco13 wrote:Anyone old enough to remember Fenders Ball Room in Long Beach? You could see three punk bands in one night for less then $10-$15 bucks. Years later it burnt down.
I was just in the garage wondering if there was a place like that anymore. The last one I knew of was Public Storage/chain reaction in Anaheim....anybody know of place like that anymore?
Also, just heard "The Briggs" yesterday with their "This is LA" song...not bad...kinda stuck in my head now!
make sure to visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaveman-M ... 4672679441
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Music...what do you listen to?
Brand new Rush! They are sounding awesome!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
