Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by philofab »

I can't tell from the pics... is the super long bolt still on it?


Looks really good BTW.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Oh no the radius arm bolt? No I removed that like an hour after I got the truck home. That thing sticking down is from the steering? What it is I don't know I just never cut it off, it's some sort of strap. The steering that came with the truck was blown out and was a scary ride doing 70 on the freeway so the steering from my 90 got put on, which is already bent.

Oh well I just keep replacing stock steering on her cause I don't want to do swing set.

Mike
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

Right on Mikey!! Looks great. How is the bushing mount? Also can you tell a difference in rigidity just from driving around a little at 230 in the am. hahaha

Dude, this is the best line yet: "Hope you like it, if not I don't care"
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

No I honestly can't tell, I mean the tags are expired two months, it was 2:30am, and I had no hood and fenders so I didn't exactly drive all over town, but no the truck feels exactly the same minus the fact it has better seats.

I forgot to take pictures of the bushing mounts, but basically it's just a notched 1.75 tube going to the frame for now, I will add two gussets to each outrigger next, but like I said I need to get rolling on other people's vehicles.

Mike
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

only1mikey wrote:No I honestly can't tell, I mean the tags are expired two months, it was 2:30am, and I had no hood and fenders so I didn't exactly drive all over town, but no the truck feels exactly the same minus the fact it has better seats.

I forgot to take pictures of the bushing mounts, but basically it's just a notched 1.75 tube going to the frame for now, I will add two gussets to each outrigger next, but like I said I need to get rolling on other people's vehicles.

Mike

Sweet, glad its getting work. Whenever you get a minute, some pics of the bushing mounts would be great!
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Andy Jones »

Looks Good, i like it!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BDKW1 »

Wow, those A-pillars are pretty tight for not going into the dash. Looks good, can't even see tell where the sleeves are.

BTW, the only person I ever made fun of for sleeving something is Jerry.........

I think.......
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Keep up the good work Brian. Jerry deserves it...
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

How about some pics of that new hood??
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Maybe tonight. It rained on Monday and I worked late last night and went to MB2 right after so I didn't home till past 10.

Mike
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Image

Mike
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Andy Jones »

Not bad looking.
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Mikey hood looks kick @$$!
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Image

Image

Image

All packed up for KOH, maiden voyage on the cab cage. Also have my 7" B&W Lowrance GPS and VDO gauges installed but forgot to take some pictures.

I'll be camping off Bessemer, and monitoring Mag7 and BFG Pits if anyone is out there and wants to me up.

Mike
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by BajaBronco13 »

WL is looking bad @$$. Can't wait to see it in April.
User avatar
johncharlesb
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm
Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by johncharlesb »

WL is looking sweet. Have fun on your trip.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Andy Jones »

You gonna get all sick, on some rock crawling!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
only1mikey
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm
Bronco Info: 84 Bronco
Location: Simi Valley, CA

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by only1mikey »

Me??? fawk no man. I am going to put miles on the bronco and watch some rednecks roll their "rigs" attempting to go up backdoor. Good times!

Mike
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by tcm glx »

only1mikey wrote:Me??? fawk no man. I am going to put miles on the bronco and watch some rednecks roll their "rigs" attempting to go up backdoor. Good times!

Mike

There are some awesome trails leading to many of the rock climbs out there with mid size whoops that are just BUILT for the broncos..... Have a great time out there Mikey!
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning

Post by Andy Jones »

For Sure! have a blast!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
Post Reply