how much travel?

Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

how much travel?

Post by Dezertbronco »

How much travel can I expect to get with C&T Beams and solo radius arms. stock coil bucket and 5100s stock with.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: how much travel?

Post by Nick »

I'd say 12-13 inches.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: how much travel?

Post by Dezertbronco »

I thought a TTB cycles 11'' stock
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: how much travel?

Post by philofab »

Dezertbronco wrote:How much travel can I expect to get with C&T Beams and solo radius arms. stock coil bucket and 5100s stock with.
The shock and coil are the limiting factor... Remember that travel is just a number. What length 5100s and in what position?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: how much travel?

Post by Dezertbronco »

philofab wrote:
Dezertbronco wrote:How much travel can I expect to get with C&T Beams and solo radius arms. stock coil bucket and 5100s stock with.
The shock and coil are the limiting factor... Remember that travel is just a number. What length 5100s and in what position?
I might run the rancho coil or a pro comp coil and stock locations on the shocks, I know the rear shock can limit travel not sure how much. I think Yikes ran a Rancho kit With C&T beams for a while. Yikes feel free to chime in.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: how much travel?

Post by bajascott »

i run the pro comp coils, stock modified buckets and a 12" off the front of the beam.14-15"
if i were to buy new springs, they would be the deaver 5.5 coils,longer spring,softer spring rate=more droop, lots more comfy of a ride. i did have rancho shocks for short while.
but opted for a single bigger shock
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: how much travel?

Post by Dezertbronco »

I was afraid that deaver springs would be to tall and soft anyone know how much they are? They might be worth a try.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: how much travel?

Post by tcm glx »

Nick wrote:I'd say 12-13 inches.
I think that is spot on nick.... a good 12-13". And it will ride great, i drove my Camburg kit that way for 6 months, and was EXTREMELY PLEASED!!
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: how much travel?

Post by Dezertbronco »

it looks like I need to Get some Pricing in some beams.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
Jasonj105
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 am
Bronco Info: 1989 Bronco, 5.8, C6
Location: El Centro, CA

Re: how much travel?

Post by Jasonj105 »

Not to hijack your thread, but If your running C&T Beams with a four inch lift coil, will you still be able to align it with the Deaver 5.5 coils?
We Might As Well Give Up And Run, If We Let Them Take Our God And Guns
Dezertbronco
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco EB
Location: Highland, CA.

Re: how much travel?

Post by Dezertbronco »

I imagine that you could with a 3 degree cam.
There is no substititute for Horsepower.
User avatar
Rednek Renegade
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:53 pm
Bronco Info: 1985 Bronco Xlt 5.8L 4V H.O. C6, NP2o8
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, So.Cal
Contact:

Re: how much travel?

Post by Rednek Renegade »

Dezertbronco wrote:I was afraid that deaver springs would be to tall and soft anyone know how much they are? They might be worth a try.
Bronco graveyard has them for $160 a pair
Project el cheap-o
User avatar
Squarehead
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: how much travel?

Post by Squarehead »

12-13 inches sounds about right to me as well for that setup.
Post Reply