Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
and the King is..
- Attachments
-
- Double Jump.jpg (71.77 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
-
- Double Jump Tie.jpg (60.35 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
-
- Double Jump Launch.jpg (68.45 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
-
- ' Double Jump.jpg (59.66 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
You decide who the winner is..
- Attachments
-
- Double Jump Winner.jpg (48.99 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
-
- Flyin' Bronco and Towin' Bronco now too..
- Flyin Bronco Rescue...jpg (97.74 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
-
- Its easier to unload passengers by digging trenches
- Matilda digging fire pits.jpg (121.12 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
-
- The Hero of the Weekend, Jeepsaurus!
- Jeepsrus.jpg (73.21 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Damn Augi those are great pics. Rick and Steve i can honestly say that I will never be in the running for the crown.... You guys put on quite a show it looks like! Any other non broncos out there huckin' it up with you guys?
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Badass shots Augi!! Long live the King! The side by side pictures are EPIC!! and that big air shot of Steve is awesome! Is he smoking a stogy?
Can only imagine what Rick is thinking in that Jeep shot.
Can only imagine what Rick is thinking in that Jeep shot.
- AussieRod
- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
- Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
- Location: Downunder
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Probably the same thing I am....... "WTF?? What a freaking wanker!" (Sorry, I couldnt help ityikes wrote:Can only imagine what Rick is thinking in that Jeep shot.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
hahahaha - nicely put Rod! I drive by the Heep everyday on the way to work and am thankful I hang out with a bronco group

Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Great photos Agui!
The Jeep was insane. 47" tires! And it had the power to turn them, too! Rick and I are going to try out for the Olympic Synchronized Hucking team.
The Jeep was insane. 47" tires! And it had the power to turn them, too! Rick and I are going to try out for the Olympic Synchronized Hucking team.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Smooooooth, like butter! The shocks have never been apart since I first assembled them and installed initial valving. They have room for improvement but took a serious beating over the weekend and worked very, very well. If I'm feeling motivated I'll change the valving a bit for our January meet.hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Holy crap Steve!!!!!!! That is some really good air. How was the landing?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
That Jeep really makes me want to build a hot wheels style truck with 47 inch tires. I rode in it and that thing does fly! It digs trenches when it cuts donuts in the sand. We went out for a night run and that thing was carving through the bowls like it was made for it.
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
The caption should read "where are all my Bronco brothers when I need them."yikes wrote:Badass shots Augi!! Long live the King! The side by side pictures are EPIC!! and that big air shot of Steve is awesome! Is he smoking a stogy?
Can only imagine what Rick is thinking in that Jeep shot.
The picture with the Jeep was of course staged for our enjoyment. The guy was a good sport and let me slide in for the picture after he dug one tire in messing around.
I can say the Jeep has rekindled my love affair of BIG tires. That thing could climb the dunes at crazy angles that I'd never attempt all while making it look simple. Cool rig for certain with its fuel injected 401 AMC big block.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
That thing is making me think twice about larger tires now too. I'm thinking about building my Bronco to run 39's....I know about the problems but I'm thinking of keeping my skyjacker 6 inch lift with the drop brackets and adding coilovers and wider cut and turned beams.
On a side note, the guys ditched me to go play in the dunes on Saturday just before Rick popped a bead off from a what I hear was a wicked jump. I think they didn't like me wrenching on an S10 Blazer, Haha!
I hope those guys got some shots of that since it may very well be one of the best hucks yet.
On a side note, the guys ditched me to go play in the dunes on Saturday just before Rick popped a bead off from a what I hear was a wicked jump. I think they didn't like me wrenching on an S10 Blazer, Haha!
I hope those guys got some shots of that since it may very well be one of the best hucks yet.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Holy crap Steve!! You got some serious a$$ air there. Great stuff seeing you guys take those jumps together. I am excited about January, race schedule permitting, I would really like to come hang out!!
Auggie, can not wait for the shots, as good as the pics are that you take, I am sure they will be awesome.
Auggie, can not wait for the shots, as good as the pics are that you take, I am sure they will be awesome.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
As soon as the 2012 SCORE schedule comes we'll set a date for the January trip.
I gotta say, for not having any formal training, Rick and I nailed the timing on the synchronized huck!
I gotta say, for not having any formal training, Rick and I nailed the timing on the synchronized huck!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
BITD too!! I pit for a ProTruck but REALLY want to make it to Pismo January.SteveG wrote:As soon as the 2012 SCORE schedule comes we'll set a date for the January trip.
I gotta say, for not having any formal training, Rick and I nailed the timing on the synchronized huck!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
I guess some people are just born to fly amigo. The pictures turned out great Augi.SteveG wrote:
I gotta say, for not having any formal training, Rick and I nailed the timing on the synchronized huck!
I can see it now. 15 to 20 Broncos all lined up, ready to set a new world record for synchronized hucking. Whose got the Guinness peoples number?
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Awesome!!flyinbronco wrote:I can see it now. 15 to 20 Broncos all lined up, ready to set a new world record for synchronized hucking. Whose got the Guinness peoples number?
- Squarehead
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Awesome trip!
I know I've been pretty MIA lately -- been crazy busy at work. In the good old days, I ran Off-Road and 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility. Now, I have responsibiliity for no less than 13 brands, and it seriously takes working as fast and as hard as I can all day to keep my head above water!
I was telling the gang that last year, we had more Blazers than Broncos show up, but this year that wasn't the case. My Bronco needs to get some front beam work done before I can get back to flogging it, so I took it really easy, just rolling around. But Steve and Rick didn't take it easy in the least--they let loose with some heavy throttle and some great airs! We all posted up around a little dune and shot photos/video while they tore it up. Reminded me of back in the days when all of us neighborhood kids would skate a launch ramp in my cul-de-sac and cheer each other on.
I have photos and sequences of pretty much everything. Haven't gotten a chance to look or even download from my camera, but I will. And I have great side-by-side shots of the tandem Bronco jumps--the minute I have some time I'll post up and we can all decide who got higher.
I know I've been pretty MIA lately -- been crazy busy at work. In the good old days, I ran Off-Road and 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility. Now, I have responsibiliity for no less than 13 brands, and it seriously takes working as fast and as hard as I can all day to keep my head above water!
I was telling the gang that last year, we had more Blazers than Broncos show up, but this year that wasn't the case. My Bronco needs to get some front beam work done before I can get back to flogging it, so I took it really easy, just rolling around. But Steve and Rick didn't take it easy in the least--they let loose with some heavy throttle and some great airs! We all posted up around a little dune and shot photos/video while they tore it up. Reminded me of back in the days when all of us neighborhood kids would skate a launch ramp in my cul-de-sac and cheer each other on.
I have photos and sequences of pretty much everything. Haven't gotten a chance to look or even download from my camera, but I will. And I have great side-by-side shots of the tandem Bronco jumps--the minute I have some time I'll post up and we can all decide who got higher.
- Squarehead
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Awesome shots, Jeff! Thanks again for getting us all together. I had a blast!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: Off Road heavy metal Pismo trip September 9-11
Man that really was a fun trip.
Keep those pictures coming.
Keep those pictures coming.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions






