BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
All I can say is....AWESOME!!! Great group of people, great fun, well organized and...it's Baja! Tony, Chris and Tom did an awesome job putting the trip together. Well done fellas! And thanks for a great time! Looking forward to a deuce. (Take that as you will) Haha!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
I'm still smiling.... what an awesome trip!!
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Here's a couple of highlight shots.
GFB, it's all the rage.

Some of the group. Not everyone was there at this point.

Truck envy.

Somebody in this picture drives really well...and it's not me.

I'm in f***ing Baja! Jaja!

Heavenly

Not everything was perfect

Hired hands at work.

Just for Steve

GFB, it's all the rage.

Some of the group. Not everyone was there at this point.

Truck envy.

Somebody in this picture drives really well...and it's not me.

I'm in f***ing Baja! Jaja!

Heavenly

Not everything was perfect

Hired hands at work.

Just for Steve

- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Whoaaaaa, party about to get started!

What what... bronco heaven:


trailhead:

I thought King Shocks were so good, they didnt need bolts or misalignments!

8 lugs, apps, autofab long travel, chk chk chk

We own HP Ranch:


What what... bronco heaven:


trailhead:

I thought King Shocks were so good, they didnt need bolts or misalignments!

8 lugs, apps, autofab long travel, chk chk chk

We own HP Ranch:

- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Doin it for the kids:

Day 2 fearless leader:

Stretchy Stretchy:

Squishy squishy:


Day 2 fearless leader:

Stretchy Stretchy:

Squishy squishy:

- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
What can I say? WOOOW WERE HOOKED!! I can't thank Tom, Tony, and Chris enough for such a great trip. I want to thank everyone for all the help and good spirits, no matter what no one could have had any thing less then a smile on their face. I'm ready (as Yikes would say) for a deuce!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Awesome shot of Nick!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
A few more:
HP Ranch...


Ummm, doesnt this go on the truck:

Ready for battle.... ALWAYS!

Zoom Zoom:

HP Ranch...


Ummm, doesnt this go on the truck:

Ready for battle.... ALWAYS!

Zoom Zoom:

- navynuke
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
- Location: Durham, NC
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Awesome, I should have forced myself into going on this.... Stupid playing it smart BS of not wanting to run out of money before I find a job.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
A few more
moving pics to PB, will repost shortly....
moving pics to PB, will repost shortly....
Last edited by tcm glx on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Agui-E7TE
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:50 am
- Bronco Info: 89 Bronco w/ 6 in. skyjacker kit w/ dual Bilstein 5150 shocks up front and Deaver F53's in the rear
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
I gotta say this was the best off road trip I've ever had! I cant thank all you guys enough for letting me ride along on this epic Baja run with the nicest group of people in the off road community. I cant wait to do it all over again. I'm already trying to think of what I can sell to build my Bronco up to get it out there for the next one.
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Wow what a trip I sure wish I could have made it. Looks like it was a blast all the way around and the ranch was spectacular from the pics.
Jeremy
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
awesome pics!
i knew this was going to be epic! wish i could have been there! next time!
i want to see more pics!
i knew this was going to be epic! wish i could have been there! next time!
i want to see more pics!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Day 1 at Tom's

Amigos:

Danger Ranger:

Bajahid!

Randy and Chris

Andy:

PB and J

Nicks ride looking mightly clean:

Bajabuck in the house:

Rick packed to the rim:


Amigos:

Danger Ranger:

Bajahid!

Randy and Chris

Andy:

PB and J

Nicks ride looking mightly clean:

Bajabuck in the house:

Rick packed to the rim:

Last edited by tcm glx on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Tony, Tom, Chris, THANK YOU ALL for a well planned, well thought out event! I'm to pooped to post more, and will soon, but in the meantime...
I think Carmen looks pissed that brian is taking so long to get the truck fixed, so she can contiinue to school him on the proper way to haul the mail!

I think Carmen looks pissed that brian is taking so long to get the truck fixed, so she can contiinue to school him on the proper way to haul the mail!

"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Mmmmmmm! Look at that thick creamy filling sandwiched between those crunchy black cookies.


- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Nick wrote:Tony, Tom, Chris, THANK YOU ALL for a well planned, well thought out event! I'm to pooped to post more, and will soon, but in the meantime...
I think Carmen looks pissed that brian is taking so long to get the truck fixed, so she can contiinue to school him on the proper way to haul the mail!
Thanks for the kudos Nick, Tom and Chris did a ton of heavy lifting (Tom in particular with sponsor and the chase book), especially when schedules and family matters would come up, they always kept focused on this. For Vic and I, this trip is just truly a testament to what our dad was passionate about, hanging out with good people inbaja, in a Bronco! (Although he would probably still prefer we drive a white one)
A few observations:
*this trip was nothing without the fantastic people that came along
*the sponsor made it that much more special
*shout out to HP Ranch and Todd Clement for taking good care of us
*The attitude of everyone on the group, was UNBELIEVABLE, nobody to be lft stranded, no rig to be left in baja, and everyone smiling the entire time. Just Absolutely Amazing!!
BTW, interesting to note, every vehicle made it home today under its own power despite issues over the weekend.
Carnage: (I don't know that this is a complete list)
*Ricks off road light, rear shock bolt, front shock bolt, and hood mount
*Chris' lower radius arm bolt and stereo
*my driveshaft flange
*Andys door, rear shock and airbox
*brians map, fuel filter, o2 sensor
*randy (probably vapor lock)
*Jeeps crossmember bolt
*rods tranny (although it drove perfect today)
..............
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
What a GREAT TIME!! Lily and I just got back about 6:30pm. We stayed and went shopping at Soriana and a liquor store and a Dulceria (sp?).
When we going back??? How's that for a great attitude Tony?
When we going back??? How's that for a great attitude Tony?
Last edited by Silverslk on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Attitude was great the whole way, no doubt there!!
Hey guys, so Agustin let me "borrow" some of his pictures for this fantastic group that he got to bond with, but asked the we DO NOT POST these on any other internet boards, facebook, twitter, twatter, flicker, flacker or anything else..... for good reasons, he needs the pictures not floating all over the internet, so with that said, here come some of the weekend action shots!!
Hey guys, so Agustin let me "borrow" some of his pictures for this fantastic group that he got to bond with, but asked the we DO NOT POST these on any other internet boards, facebook, twitter, twatter, flicker, flacker or anything else..... for good reasons, he needs the pictures not floating all over the internet, so with that said, here come some of the weekend action shots!!
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: BajaHID Excursion 2011 - The Aftermath
Couple shots up in the pine forest...everyone scurrying to help Rick get the beast back together.


Great place for dinner. What a great time with the raffle. That was such a blast. You guys did an awesome job putting that together.






Great place for dinner. What a great time with the raffle. That was such a blast. You guys did an awesome job putting that together.




Last edited by yikes on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
