Randy's 93
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Randy's 93
Hey Randy, what motor/trans combo are you running?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Randy's 93
I'm running 500/550 on the coilover.
Re: Randy's 93
5.8/E40Dhobbyturnedobsession wrote:Hey Randy, what motor/trans combo are you running?
Tony how do you like that spring rate? Im running 350/400 and i definatley need to go up. Was thinking of 400/450 but even that sounds a bit soft compared to your setup
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Randy's 93
Rwies wrote:5.8/E40Dhobbyturnedobsession wrote:Hey Randy, what motor/trans combo are you running?
Tony how do you like that spring rate? Im running 350/400 and i definatley need to go up. Was thinking of 400/450 but even that sounds a bit soft compared to your setup
I think it is a teeeeny bit soft on the road, but not bad, and for the desert, its perfect. I really like the way it rides.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Randy's 93
Thank you. Did you drill out another set of holes to drop the transfer case to ease the angle on the double cardan joint?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Re: Randy's 93
I had a little to much fun in pismo lofting off the dunes and found out the hard way that its not a good idea to jump in 4 low...HAHA
Does anyone have a extra rt inner axle for sale?
Does anyone have a extra rt inner axle for sale?
- Attachments
-
- IMG_01341.jpg (64.32 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
-
- IMG_01331.jpg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
- bajascott
- My belly is my best friend
- Posts: 2006
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
- Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
- Location: southern oregon
- Contact:
Re: Randy's 93
i have one. if you want it,pm me and i'll ship it today or monday.....what ever its worth to ya plus shipping..
Re: Randy's 93
Picked up a set of Fox tripple bypasses and Solo Motorsports DIY rear shock mount today. Got everything installed and is looking sweet. Just need to cycle it and set the bump and droop then its off to play! Big thanks to Bobby at Solo for all his help!
More pics comming soon...
More pics comming soon...
- Attachments
-
- downsized_1223101416a.jpg (28.74 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Randy's 93
Hey looking good Randy. I like the rear shock mount. Can I ask how much they charged you for it? I've been looking for a rear shock mount like that.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Re: Randy's 93
They sell them for $250 and its well worth it, pretty simple and straight forward install!
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Randy's 93
Do you have pics with it installed? I may have to pick one up...
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Re: Randy's 93
Ill take some pictures tomorrow. I just installed Euro headlights, parking lamps and side markers today "xmas gift from the wifey". Looks way better!
Re: Randy's 93
I finally got the solid body mounts made and hope to have them all installed this weekend so i can finally begin the cage. aww yes indeed its fun time!!!!! So how much of a pain is it to do these body mounts? Ive heard some horror stories, whats the trick?
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Randy's 93
Drill them out. Once you take the bolt out the upper and lower metal washer type pieces actually go down into the rubber mount and thread together. Pretty much every one I have seen has these 2 rusted together to the point where you can't really get them apart. Drilling them out is the quickest way to it. If I remember right a 9/16" drill bit does the trick.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Re: Randy's 93
Havent updated in a while so heres what I've completed the last couple weeks:
1. Installed solid body mounts
2. Mono leafed the rear to set bump & droop
3. Welded on new spring perch's to correct pinion angle (Removed factory wedge)
Went out testing yesterday and i cant believe how well this thing handles! Just some minor valving in the rear and I should be good to go. Im hoping to start the cage within the next month.
1. Installed solid body mounts
2. Mono leafed the rear to set bump & droop
3. Welded on new spring perch's to correct pinion angle (Removed factory wedge)
Went out testing yesterday and i cant believe how well this thing handles! Just some minor valving in the rear and I should be good to go. Im hoping to start the cage within the next month.
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Randy's 93
Nice to know my shock mount over at solo went to good use. It has been revised since then.Rwies wrote:Picked up a set of Fox tripple bypasses and Solo Motorsports DIY rear shock mount today. Got everything installed and is looking sweet. Just need to cycle it and set the bump and droop then its off to play! Big thanks to Bobby at Solo for all his help!
More pics comming soon...
You need to tie the shock tab back to a bolt on the mount or you will break the uprights.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
Re: Randy's 93
Oh wow that was your design? Very nice Kris...so did you hook them up with the templates?
Ive got some 1" im thinking about using to reinforce the shock mount...Just below the shock tabs to a flange then from the flange to one of the upright mount bolts, sound about right? Got any pics of the new revised mount?
So i confirmed that i do in fact need to revalve the rears...I had both compression bypasses closed and was on the rear bumps multiple times...I tested the shock usage with the "ol zip tie" technique. The rebound felt pretty good. So maybe when you have some free time i can swing by and drop these mamba-jambas off!
Ive got some 1" im thinking about using to reinforce the shock mount...Just below the shock tabs to a flange then from the flange to one of the upright mount bolts, sound about right? Got any pics of the new revised mount?
So i confirmed that i do in fact need to revalve the rears...I had both compression bypasses closed and was on the rear bumps multiple times...I tested the shock usage with the "ol zip tie" technique. The rebound felt pretty good. So maybe when you have some free time i can swing by and drop these mamba-jambas off!
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Randy's 93
Everyone has that template file huh?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Randy's 93
They have the whole second hoop I lasered out sitting at Flynns bench but it is a take apart design that meets in the middle. I should probably get him to bring it to me.Rwies wrote:Oh wow that was your design? Very nice Kris...so did you hook them up with the templates?
Ive got some 1" im thinking about using to reinforce the shock mount...Just below the shock tabs to a flange then from the flange to one of the upright mount bolts, sound about right? Got any pics of the new revised mount?
So i confirmed that i do in fact need to revalve the rears...I had both compression bypasses closed and was on the rear bumps multiple times...I tested the shock usage with the "ol zip tie" technique. The rebound felt pretty good. So maybe when you have some free time i can swing by and drop these mamba-jambas off!
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Randy's 93
Most dont pick up the factory 3 shock mount holes so no drilling is required or at least I didnt see any like that prior to making mine. I only saw autofabs prior to making mine that was bolt together and since drilling was the biggest complaint of the autofab one I made mine without drilling.philofab wrote:Everyone has that template file huh?
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
