Becks_Bronco wrote:Diggin this up for relevancy, lol.
How did you like the long arm setup Tony? Any local shops that you would trust with jeep fabrication in the trail rig/go fast category?
Thanks!
Will,
The long arm setup was cool, and it drove fine. Honestly though, if I bought another XJ, I would do it differently. I think a 3-4" lift, short arm (Currie has a great setup for that) with Bilstein 5160s all around will do awesome all around. Do a SYE, mount up either a 265.75.16 (32") or a 33x10.5x15 and trim to make it work.
As for shops, I spent alot of time on NAXJA and made some great friends, most if not all of the work on my XJ was done at a friends house, with friends wrenching. As a amatter of fact, I met Andy (SilverSLK) on those forums and we became great friends. He spent 13 hours on Labor Day weekend helping me install the long arm lift.
So, let me wrap it up.... keep it simple, this thing is not a long travel rig, and never will be...
For inspiration:
