Mounting Seats

Conejoracer
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 5.8, Beater
Location: Venice, ca

Mounting Seats

Post by Conejoracer »

Has anyone here mounted off road seats (beard, mastercraft, etc.) to the stock Bronco Bench seat mount? If so, did you buy or fabricate the mounts for that install? I'm building my Bronco on the cheap, so I'd like to install my seats this way until I can have it properly caged.
User avatar
navynuke
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Mounting Seats

Post by navynuke »

I mounted some to a set of the stock bucket seat mounts, not sure about the bench mounts though.

Here are some pics to help give you an idea though, and my seats had a flat mount like the stock ones, not the 4 tabs the way most beard and mastercraft seats are setup

Image

Image

just drilled hoes in the passenger side where needed

Image

full write up available here

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/sho ... p?t=163987
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
shockseals.com
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
Location: San Dimas
Contact:

Re: Mounting Seats

Post by shockseals.com »

the stock brown low back pattern looks pretty bitchen. I like it.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
User avatar
navynuke
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Mounting Seats

Post by navynuke »

The back seat still matches it, but the drivers side was toast when I got the truck.

Image

you can see the pattern of the back seat in this one

Image
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
lifeinthesouth
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 pm
Bronco Info: 95 5.0L/E4OD
Location: Kodiak, AK

Re: Mounting Seats

Post by lifeinthesouth »

I just have some cheapo racetrims. They look the same as navy's and i mounted them exactly the same way.
You may just look into grabbing some bucket mounts out of another bronco or truck and adapt them.
Image
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Mounting Seats

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I ran mine off of the stock mounts but lifted them a little. Works just fine.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Conejoracer
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 5.8, Beater
Location: Venice, ca

Re: Mounting Seats

Post by Conejoracer »

So it looks like I'd make some simple adapters, like those show for the bucket seat base installs? That seems easy enough!
Post Reply