Ryan's 91

User avatar
convoy
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 pm
Location: San Clemente

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by convoy »

Ryan,
This is an incredible bronco. I'm glad you posted this up, it appears you've done a lot more work to this thing since last time I've seen it on the net.

This is my favorite pic:
Image
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by philofab »

Wow, that is an awesome pic! Was the landing a little harry?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ryan B
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm
Bronco Info: prerunner

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by ryan B »

A little hairy... I was quite scared in fact :)

with the driverside low i was like oh noo I'm about to ruin this truck. but she drive out of it ok. We kept driving and ddrove her home on the highway. I'll never do it again
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by yikes »

Gotta be my all time favorite Bronco picture!
ryan B
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm
Bronco Info: prerunner

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by ryan B »

pump showed up today.
Attachments
power steering pump.jpg
power steering pump.jpg (79.15 KiB) Viewed 2495 times
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by Nick »

yikes wrote:Gotta be my all time favorite Bronco picture!
That is a pretty gnarly pic!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
ryan B
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm
Bronco Info: prerunner

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by ryan B »

new bumper... with integrated snow plow/ deep rut high centering device. : /

But I feel that the skid needed to be that low to hopefully not bend a steering swinger or worse a swinger pivot.. I'll see how or if it works out haha
Attachments
bumper snow plow.jpg
bumper snow plow.jpg (96.04 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
bumper side view.jpg
bumper side view.jpg (90.18 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by bajascott »

nice and tight i like that. mine will be very simaler i can have anything sticking out due to the tilting glassfront i am using.
i like it keep up the nice work!
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
ryan B
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm
Bronco Info: prerunner

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by ryan B »

kfgmvnb
Attachments
airdam.jpg
airdam.jpg (86.89 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
ryan B
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm
Bronco Info: prerunner

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by ryan B »

stuff
Attachments
octopus.jpg
octopus.jpg (128.77 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
sheet metal.jpg
sheet metal.jpg (117.1 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
safetywire.jpg
safetywire.jpg (102.9 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg (106.08 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
ryan B
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm
Bronco Info: prerunner

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by ryan B »

bumper
Attachments
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg (99.14 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
User avatar
convoy
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 pm
Location: San Clemente

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by convoy »

I really like the thought you put into that bumper. Any shots further away to see it better.
User avatar
navynuke
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
Location: Durham, NC
Contact:

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by navynuke »

Wow its been a long time since I've seen safety wire on bolts that way. Reminds me of Nuclear power, and road racing street bikes.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Whats it for?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
campbbg
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:37 pm
Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie
Location: Baltimore

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by campbbg »

Its used mostly in aviation and other industries. It is used to keep tension and prevent bolts from backing out.

Here is a link I had saved about how to safety wire:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=215935
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you. Won't jam nuts keep them from falling out? Cool idea though.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by philofab »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Thank you. Won't jam nuts keep them from falling out? Cool idea though.

Those bolts thread into the steering box. No nuts.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Oops sorry, I didn't realize. Makes perfect sense then.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
ryan B
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 pm
Bronco Info: prerunner

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by ryan B »

picturez

I wanted to put my oil temp sending unit in my oil pan. I didn't want to pull the oil pan So drilled the plug, and tapped it for 1/8 npt, and put the sending unit in the plug. I'll just put a single wire weatherpack connector so i can easily, and quickly do oil changes.
Attachments
oil temp sending unit.jpg
oil temp sending unit.jpg (152.56 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
drilled plug.jpg
drilled plug.jpg (156.26 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
I haven't pulled my skids in about a year :)
I haven't pulled my skids in about a year :)
IMG_0022.jpg (114.63 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
front view.jpg
front view.jpg (143.92 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
User avatar
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Posts: 2006
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)
Location: southern oregon
Contact:

Re: Ryan's 91

Post by bajascott »

ok now i have figured out how i want my bumper. that looks awsome! allthough i wont copy exactly what you did but you gave me the right direction.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Post Reply