HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Thank you very much Mark.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Im new to Wildomar area, does anyone know where I can pick up some tubing on saturday?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Thank you Andy I appreciate it!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to go get the tubing to build my front coil support and my rear shock mount. I was thinking of using 1.5" .120 wall tubing and sleeving it with 1.25 .120 wall tubing for the added strength on the rear mount. Any suggestions?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
That's what I did on my rear mount for tubing... it has yet to break. I attribute it's lifespan to the fact that I baby my truck.hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to go get the tubing to build my front coil support and my rear shock mount. I was thinking of using 1.5" .120 wall tubing and sleeving it with 1.25 .120 wall tubing for the added strength on the rear mount. Any suggestions?
You will need some plate and tabs too.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Thank you Philo. I have 1/4" plate and shock tabs.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
So last night I went to Kartek and picked up a radiator overflow can, shock tabs, light tabs, and bushings. So I figured out that I couldn't use the bushings and after a miserable attempt to shorten them I ruined them. I ended up picking up some 1.5" tubing and I made mounts. I used 1.5" then welded washers (1/4" thick) to the ends and then I used a sleeve in the middle so I think for the crossover tube I'm good. Next is to notch my 1.75" tube and mount it to the front connection points.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Well on top of all the new goodies, I managed to mount the hoop over the engine. Sorry no pics yet.
- Attachments
-
- New radiator reservoir and some other small dodads
- reservoir.jpg (261.23 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
-
- The fenders that Philo so kindly sold me. Cant wait to mount em up!
- fenders.jpg (219.72 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
I looked under the truck to find the power steering gear box leaking. I was wondering if anyone has ever done the reseal kit. Is it hard?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Ok, this weekend we used the bronco to tow to ocotillo wells and back through the mountains toward julian. Ran amazing, good power and we romped around a bit too!
- Attachments
-
- bronco loaded.jpg (215.05 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Well I've been thinking and buying. I got the rear shock mount from solo and in the process having Mark from Southwest take care of the c/o mounts. First let me say thank you so much Mark for the info and the conversations in helping with spring rate and other things being squared away. Second, the fenders are pissing me off. How do you get them off???
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Front fenders can't come off until the header panel is removed, the hood springs are disconnected, and the inner fender well is unhooked. There are a few bolts on the top rear of the fender near the hinge/springs, one at the rear bottom, and several on the front behind the header panel, and two at the top.hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Well I've been thinking and buying. I got the rear shock mount from solo and in the process having Mark from Southwest take care of the c/o mounts. First let me say thank you so much Mark for the info and the conversations in helping with spring rate and other things being squared away. Second, the fenders are pissing me off. How do you get them off???
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
I dont have a pic but I'll get one for you tonight. Pretty simple, has two plates welded together on either side with the mounting holes for the original shock mounts. You have to drill the holes to 1/2". The tube slips in and you weld the tube to the plates.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- Andy Jones
- Posts: 2209
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
- Bronco Info: In the Works!
- Location: Canyon Lake,ca
- Contact:
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
philofab wrote:Front fenders can't come off until the header panel is removed, the hood springs are disconnected, and the inner fender well is unhooked. There are a few bolts on the top rear of the fender near the hinge/springs, one at the rear bottom, and several on the front behind the header panel, and two at the top.hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Well I've been thinking and buying. I got the rear shock mount from solo and in the process having Mark from Southwest take care of the c/o mounts. First let me say thank you so much Mark for the info and the conversations in helping with spring rate and other things being squared away. Second, the fenders are pissing me off. How do you get them off???
Dont forget the one 10mm you have to get behinid the door.... that one is a pain
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
By popular demand, the shock tower. (Some assembly req'd)
- Attachments
-
- mms_picture(4).jpg (227.56 KiB) Viewed 932 times
-
- mms_picture(3).jpg (190.28 KiB) Viewed 932 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Thank you all for the input. Theyre not shimmed or aligned quite yet but its a start!
- Attachments
-
- fenders.jpg (248.84 KiB) Viewed 904 times
-
- thank you guys for all your input. theyre coming along!
- fenders.jpg (248.84 KiB) Viewed 904 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD
Ok, so after getting the fenders on, and having to take the inner wells out, where are you guys mounting your smog and vacuum cannisters and other odds and ends?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
