tcm glx wrote:Seems like a lot of guys will be in San Felipe for the race. Any interest in a GFB meet the wed before the race.
I know Andy(silverslk), and Tom(bajaf250) have also made mentioned they will be in SF for the race.
Great idea... I'm almost sure we can make that... but give me a few days to ensure we can actually make it...
Let's set a place and time... say Rice and Beans at 1600... and whomever can show, great!
Totally game time. I am thinking next week we solidify this. I have not been to San Felo in over 10 yrs... so I need more than Rice and Beans at 4pm.. hahhaa.
ChaseTruck754 wrote:I'm implying I am going - because I want to damnit. It's getting close and looking good!
That right there is what GFB is all about, good on ya! Wish could make SF myself to meet more of y'all, but I have a date in La Paz saturday night with a black bronco.....haha!
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
tcm glx wrote:Awesome pics Kris. What happened with the yellow jeep, hood was up for while?
Broke a hardline at the proprotioning valve...everything was hardmount to the cage but the firewall flexes which makes the master cylinder flex. Fixed it with an Awl for plugging tires.
Got back from marking on Tuesday. Got the door latchs brazed on both doors so now we can open them from the inside. Got the bottom steam cleaned to reveal the leaking axle seal Took all day - the Mx way. Tomorrow I will pull the axles and investigate. Then the wipers need to be repaired so the cowl has to come off. Maybe several more days and the hurt Bronco will be well.
Except: The hood struts are dead and not avaiable down south. Now I have a broom handle. Lost the race radio. I suspect a bad connection at the roof. I have my SWR so I can probably deal with it when I have time. The Kenwood with a quarter wave works fine , but has limited range, but It fell off the dash and is now zipo tied to the GPS.
Drive hard and fix the beroken stuff Ha
Quite a blast from hwy 1 toward Sf north to the paved road. Julie held on tight and did not complain.
Plans for the race days:
Contact me when you all get to SF. Meet up at Pete's for suds at supper time on the 17th after I get home from Contingency. I will drive the grey Jetta wagon VW TDI that day.
Look for me at check 2 day of the race (18th) Bikes should be there by 8:30 or 9AM I will drive the Bronco to Ck2.
At least my Internet connection finally came alive after 10 days of nothing.
PaulW
I'm in for meeting up in San Felipe. My dad passed in May and my mom is flying out Wednesday and she is going with me and my wife down.....hope thats ok?
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
We still on for Rice & Beans at 4 PM on Wed? I've got some buddies that will be in SF pitting for Damen Jeffries TTs and want to give them a time and place in case they can make it for some beers.