The Bike Thread

User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by Andy Jones »

SteveG wrote:Second pump from a dead stop to get across an intersection with cars waiting. At least I didn't end up on my ass!

Anyone have a recommendation on a replacement chain?
KMC gold chain
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/20436- ... -Chain.htm
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I've always been a fan of the SRAM line of chains and the Shimano ones aren't so bad either.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by SteveG »

BajaBronco13 wrote:I've always been a fan of the SRAM line of chains and the Shimano ones aren't so bad either.
That's what's on it now. SRAM PC971. I don't feel like spending $30 on a chain, so I'll probably just replace the master link (that's what broke).
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Steve,

That chain looks a little dry. Are you keeping it oil'd or is the bike outside overnight? Those will kill a chain.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by SteveG »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Steve,

That chain looks a little dry. Are you keeping it oil'd
Ha! I haven't oiled sh$%. I just hop on it and ride. Occasionally I put air in the tires. It does sleep in doors, though.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by SteveG »

An avid cyclist just showed me how to check a chain for wear... looks like I need a new chain.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by philofab »

SteveG wrote:An avid cyclist just showed me how to check a chain for wear... looks like I need a new chain.
Side to side movement?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:Side to side movement?
Length between links. I just got back from the bike shop and they verified it with a a tool... said it was pretty bad. I'm getting the same chain (SRAM PC971) and having them "size" it and adjust shifter for a whopping $8.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by Andy Jones »

Went and Shredded the San Juan Trail in the Ortega Mountains on Wednesday. Epic Ride!! Anyone that's down to ride some single Track Sunday afternoon let me know. going to ride San Juan Again.
-Andy
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by yikes »

Any of you guys ride Mammoth? Man! I love that mountain! Ever do the drop on Flow?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xV5ixZOiyw


The rocks on Bullet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfWt5u0UReo

Bullet almost top to bottom. Little shakey but sweet. Where he gets back on the pavement we used to race with no hands all the way back to the shuttle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1WGBj-2dPg
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I've endo'd but thats pretty much it....
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by yikes »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I've endo'd but thats pretty much it....

Haha!


Chainsmoke!!! This video shows the trail well. Man! I miss this stuff! Where the guy comes out of the first technical section off the top, there used to be three big jumps dug into the ground right below the lift. They were hard to take without getting bucked or overshooting the next. Where the guy stops at the big rock...that thing always made me nervous. Haha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f00bxOzx21s


Here's a clip from one of my all-time favorite MTB vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ky6jYh29NI
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by Andy Jones »

^^^ That was cool!

Selling my Downhill bike if anyone is interested
here's the link:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/706899/
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by BajaBronco13 »

You riding again Brian? My bikes are all dusty and sad sitting in the garage. Hell I don't even think my Oakley riding shorts fit me any more, lol.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by yikes »

BajaBronco13 wrote:You riding again Brian? My bikes are all dusty and sad sitting in the garage. Hell I don't even think my Oakley riding shorts fit me any more, lol.
Hahaahahaha! I tried on my old downhill shorts the other day. Sadness ensued. I don't feel larger! Haha! But, I'm dying to ride again! Maybe Carmen will buy me a bike for Christmas.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by yikes »

Andy Jones wrote:^^^ That was cool!

Selling my Downhill bike if anyone is interested
here's the link:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/706899/
Seems like a nice price Andy. I've always liked Sundays for their old school lines. How'd you like the ride?
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Brian,

Do you remember the early 90s before baggy mountain biking shorts when the plum smugglers lycra shorts were all the rage, LMAO. Damn I remember I thought I looked cool in those and I have to admit they were pretty damn comfortable but glad that the baggy mountain bike shorts came in.

I gotta dig up some old pics and post them here. I still crack up thinking of those days.

Chris
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by yikes »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Brian,

Do you remember the early 90s before baggy mountain biking shorts when the plum smugglers lycra shorts were all the rage, LMAO. Damn I remember I thought I looked cool in those and I have to admit they were pretty damn comfortable but glad that the baggy mountain bike shorts came in.

I gotta dig up some old pics and post them here. I still crack up thinking of those days.

Chris
Haha! Yeah, those were awful. The girls could see my little pecker. Never got a date in those things. Lots of smiles though.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by Andy Jones »

yikes wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:^^^ That was cool!

Selling my Downhill bike if anyone is interested
here's the link:

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/706899/
Seems like a nice price Andy. I've always liked Sundays for their old school lines. How'd you like the ride?
it rides flawless! loved everything about it. just need to sell it to get the Bronco going :cry:
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
93Bronquito
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:51 pm
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 351w 35's full glass and some goodies

Re: The Bike Thread

Post by 93Bronquito »

Going :? It goes just fine, we should go for a ride soon so I can show you how to work that thing :lol:
Post Reply