Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by Becks_Bronco »

So I sold my little Toyota, and I’m looking for another Bronco. I like the 92-96 body style best, and talking with Rob Craven, it sounds like 95 is going to be the one I want to look for. Roller cam, and most parts are available CARB certified.

I know to look for the usual stuff, rust on the lower tailgate, fenders, drip rail etc.

I’d like to find a manual T-Case but I’m not snobby. I’d also prefer tan interior, but again I’m not snobby.

Anything else I should keep in mind while looking? Prices for these things are getting crazy.
biggiek
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 pm
Bronco Info: 92 Ford Bronco

Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by biggiek »

I like the 351 over 302 personally
User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by Becks_Bronco »

biggiek wrote:I like the 351 over 302 personally
Agreed, looking for a 5.8.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by tcm glx »

5.8, manual case, 95 or 96.....hmmmm where can you find that! Lol
LvSteve
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:02 am
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT
Location: Henderson NV , Murray UT

Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by LvSteve »

User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by Becks_Bronco »

good looking out! I shot him a message on IG
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by Tchajagos »

Be weary of buying a “built” truck. Especially if it wasn’t build at a reputable shop. I’ve seen a lot of hack jobs even on rancho lifts.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I’ve been thinking about selling my 1995 Bronco. I may post it up here soon.
User avatar
Becks_Bronco
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:12 pm
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8
Location: Antioch

Re: Bronco Hunting - What to Look For?

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Tchajagos wrote:Be weary of buying a “built” truck. Especially if it wasn’t build at a reputable shop. I’ve seen a lot of hack jobs even on rancho lifts.
agreed, he didn't respond anyways. I would have ripped out half of what he listed he had done anyways.

I think I've found my winner. The paint is nowhere near perfect, but that's minor when the mechanical is good, which it is, plus it's an EB, which I've always been partial to.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto ... 32332.html
Post Reply