Bray's 96 Sleeper

toddz69
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by toddz69 »

Such a sweet build. Why the switch back to a vacuum booster?

Todd Z.
User avatar
Bajaluv
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am
Bronco Info: Bone stock, ready to build

Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by Bajaluv »

hollandermotorsports wrote:You know pretty soon Jonny is going to have to splurge for a most valued customer jacket you are definitely going to be one of the top contenders lol. Looks killer as all the work that the magician Cho and the rest of the team there does. I'll have to swing by and check it out before too long.

Good one !!! Brandon I would like to apply for this jacket Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
cwrisley
Posts: 798
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
Location: El Cajon, CA.

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by cwrisley »

Wow. Loving the update. Keep it up brotha!
@cwriz
DMbronco
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by DMbronco »

toddz69 wrote:Such a sweet build. Why the switch back to a vacuum booster?

Todd Z.
Thanks Todd. My Pops is an early bronco guy too- I'll have to get something up for him in the EB section soon.

re: the vacuum- since I swapped in the 9" and the discs, I've been having some issues getting the brakes dialed in.

Installed a proportioning valve, and gave it a few weeks of slight adjustments around town, and a few runs out to the dirt
and just couldn't get it braking like it did with the drums.

Pretty sure it has to do with the differences in the residuals front to rear in a disc/drum set up- bc it stopped on a time
before the floater.

Anyhow, Jonny and CHO have had good luck with the stock vacuum and I figured to go with the simple and familiar..
DMbronco
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by DMbronco »

cwrisley wrote:Wow. Loving the update. Keep it up brotha!
Gracias Chris- your truck looks super clean- glad to see you're using it...

Speaking of updates:

Knuckles finished up and ready for powder

Image
DMbronco
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by DMbronco »

Hood

Image

Image
toddz69
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:52 am

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by toddz69 »

DMbronco wrote:
toddz69 wrote:Such a sweet build. Why the switch back to a vacuum booster?

Todd Z.
Thanks Todd. My Pops is an early bronco guy too- I'll have to get something up for him in the EB section soon.

re: the vacuum- since I swapped in the 9" and the discs, I've been having some issues getting the brakes dialed in.

Installed a proportioning valve, and gave it a few weeks of slight adjustments around town, and a few runs out to the dirt
and just couldn't get it braking like it did with the drums.

Pretty sure it has to do with the differences in the residuals front to rear in a disc/drum set up- bc it stopped on a time
before the floater.

Anyhow, Jonny and CHO have had good luck with the stock vacuum and I figured to go with the simple and familiar..
Cool, thanks for the info! And yes, would love to see more about your pops EBs - they sure look cool in the photos I saw in your thread.

Todd Z.
User avatar
De$ertBronco
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 am
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by De$ertBronco »

wish i had updates to post... :roll:
User avatar
birdco85
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:35 am
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by birdco85 »

Dang! Looks badass. I didn't know CHO offered a 2" over. I may look into that and have him convert mine to his billet ends at the same time. Look great Bray!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by tcm glx »

Bray, your a sick sick man Brotha!!
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by Tchajagos »

Talk about snowball!
hollandermotorsports
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by hollandermotorsports »

De$ertBronco wrote:wish i had updates to post... :roll:
I heard there was some progress. You also have a bunch of cool parts.
User avatar
De$ertBronco
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:34 am
Bronco Info: currently under the knife @ RICHER RACING!

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by De$ertBronco »

hollandermotorsports wrote:
De$ertBronco wrote:wish i had updates to post... :roll:
I heard there was some progress. You also have a bunch of cool parts.
I definitely do have some cool parts... thanks again brandon! We gotta convince him to go to 17's and get your knuckles and big boy brakes now haha :twisted:
DMbronco
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by DMbronco »

De$ertBronco wrote:
hollandermotorsports wrote:
De$ertBronco wrote:wish i had updates to post... :roll:
I heard there was some progress. You also have a bunch of cool parts.
I definitely do have some cool parts... thanks again brandon! We gotta convince him to go to 17's and get your knuckles and big boy brakes now haha :twisted:

Josh, someone must have heard it was your birthday= look what I saw.....

Image

Image
DMbronco
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by DMbronco »

Had to index out the hood to clear the cage tubes and account for the increased height of the motor mounts and intake

Image
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by Tchajagos »

Going to have to change your name and build thread to 1996eXtremer
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Post by robertcrav »

You know...I go away for a little while, lurking here and there, then you go and make your Bronco stupid....completely disappointed...





Lol, damn Brother...she's getting Sevier and sexier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
DMbronco
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am
Bronco Info: 96 XLT 351

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by DMbronco »

Tony, Travis, Rob, yep, you guys are right- snowball city. lol.

I should post the screenshots of the texts I get asking when I am linking it lmfao.
You bad influences know who you are...


Back to a couple quick updates- operation sleeper glass fenders is underway-


Image

Image

Image
User avatar
S00TLYFE
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:14 am
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW
Location: Buena Park

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by S00TLYFE »

might have missed it, but who did your rear bumper?
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Bray's 96 Sleeper

Post by dtbback »

Really interested in how they are going to hide the retaining bolts on the bottom of the fenders.
Post Reply