California Desert races in Sept
California Desert races in Sept
Hi guys,
I need some info and I've also posted this on FSB but I know that a lot of you (other than Nick and Brian) don't really post much there anymore.
I'm heading over to Cali next week to hang out with some mates and I was hoping to catch a desert race while I'm over there if it's not too late. I'll be in the Modesto area but I"ll have a vehicle so I can get to anything that isn't too far away. Anyone able to tell me if there will be a race within a few hours of Modesto between sept 22 and Oct 8?
Also I was gonna grab some 4" Superlift springs from JBG to bring home in my baggage. Does anyone know what they weigh? I don't want to have to leave them at the airport if they are too heavy.
Thanks,
Stu
I need some info and I've also posted this on FSB but I know that a lot of you (other than Nick and Brian) don't really post much there anymore.
I'm heading over to Cali next week to hang out with some mates and I was hoping to catch a desert race while I'm over there if it's not too late. I'll be in the Modesto area but I"ll have a vehicle so I can get to anything that isn't too far away. Anyone able to tell me if there will be a race within a few hours of Modesto between sept 22 and Oct 8?
Also I was gonna grab some 4" Superlift springs from JBG to bring home in my baggage. Does anyone know what they weigh? I don't want to have to leave them at the airport if they are too heavy.
Thanks,
Stu
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: California Desert races in Sept
That would be the two pic whores BRIAN and TONY! I hardly post there, so leave me alone!Balls wrote:Hi guys,
I need some info and I've also posted this on FSB but I know that a lot of you (other than Nick and Brian) don't really post much there anymore.
I'm heading over to Cali next week to hang out with some mates and I was hoping to catch a desert race while I'm over there if it's not too late. I'll be in the Modesto area but I"ll have a vehicle so I can get to anything that isn't too far away. Anyone able to tell me if there will be a race within a few hours of Modesto between sept 22 and Oct 8?
Also I was gonna grab some 4" Superlift springs from JBG to bring home in my baggage. Does anyone know what they weigh? I don't want to have to leave them at the airport if they are too heavy.
Thanks,
Stu
There won't be much happening anywhere near Modesto, it's about a 5-6 hr drive to any of the race areas, unless there's a VORRA race.
I'll weigh my 4" skyjackers, but i'm gonna guess 40-50 lbs.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Sorry Nick, I thought you were Broken Bronco over there and so I figured you stick your head in every now and then.
If you've got those springs sitting loose I'd appreciate you weighing them but don't pull em just to weigh em for me
If you've got those springs sitting loose I'd appreciate you weighing them but don't pull em just to weigh em for me
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Bahahahahahaha!!! Caught! Man that bus hurts.Balls wrote:Sorry Nick, I thought you were Broken Bronco over there and so I figured you stick your head in every now and then.
Re: California Desert races in Sept
I hope this doesn't ruin my chances of you weighing those springs Nick 
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Almost done taking them out of the truck...Balls wrote:I hope this doesn't ruin my chances of you weighing those springs Nick
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Nick wrote:Almost done taking them out of the truck...Balls wrote:I hope this doesn't ruin my chances of you weighing those springs Nick
Jeremy
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: California Desert races in Sept
What?...Polarcub wrote:Nick wrote:Almost done taking them out of the truck...Balls wrote:I hope this doesn't ruin my chances of you weighing those springs NickNick you are full of it today
Ok, 1 4" skyjacker weighs in at 22.5 lbs, or 45lbs for the pair. I don't know how that converts to Aussie, you guys go by koala sphincters right?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: California Desert races in Sept
There is a SNORE race outside of Las Vegas, NV in the town of Pahrump on Oct 1st through 3rd. If your able to find a way there I can secure you a spot in my Bronco working the race with me. It's the best way to see everything and have a load of fun. I do retrieval so it's my job to get broken vehicles clear of the track and sometimes transport racers to accessible areas. Most of the time I find a good spot to watch.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Thanks heaps for weighing those Nick. I'll have to find out how many roo nuts my checked baggage is allowed to weigh (FYI we stopped measuring in koala sphincters back in the 80's).Nick wrote:
Ok, 1 4" skyjacker weighs in at 22.5 lbs, or 45lbs for the pair. I don't know how that converts to Aussie, you guys go by koala sphincters right?
WOW thanks for the offer really, I'm travelling with my cousin though and staying with some mates so I couldn't commit to dates and would hate to be a no show. If we can swing it we'll definately check out the race at least. Thanks again for the offer though, that would be very very cool.philofab wrote:There is a SNORE race outside of Las Vegas, NV in the town of Pahrump on Oct 1st through 3rd. If your able to find a way there I can secure you a spot in my Bronco working the race with me. It's the best way to see everything and have a load of fun. I do retrieval so it's my job to get broken vehicles clear of the track and sometimes transport racers to accessible areas. Most of the time I find a good spot to watch.
Stu
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Balls wrote:Thanks heaps for weighing those Nick. I'll have to find out how many roo nuts my checked baggage is allowed to weigh (FYI we stopped measuring in koala sphincters back in the 80's).Nick wrote:
Ok, 1 4" skyjacker weighs in at 22.5 lbs, or 45lbs for the pair. I don't know how that converts to Aussie, you guys go by koala sphincters right?
Stu
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Hey Stu,
There is a Vorra short course race on October 10th held at Prarie City OHV park near Sacramento California. Its not big league desert racing but they have a few really fast guys and they put on a decent show. Its not far from your mates house in Modesto but it is past your Oct. 8th date. If you can stick around I'd love to show you around. I usually go with Don & Ken Moss and Dave Grudman of Moss Brothers Racing and there's always room for more.
Rick
By the way I live in Tracy Ca. which is maybe 20 miles or so from Modesto. If you can get away come on over for some beers.
There is a Vorra short course race on October 10th held at Prarie City OHV park near Sacramento California. Its not big league desert racing but they have a few really fast guys and they put on a decent show. Its not far from your mates house in Modesto but it is past your Oct. 8th date. If you can stick around I'd love to show you around. I usually go with Don & Ken Moss and Dave Grudman of Moss Brothers Racing and there's always room for more.
Rick
By the way I live in Tracy Ca. which is maybe 20 miles or so from Modesto. If you can get away come on over for some beers.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
Re: California Desert races in Sept
Thanks for the offer Rick, I'll shoot you a message when I am over there and maybe I can drop by. Thats a sweet looking bronco btw.
Cheers
Stu
Cheers
Stu
