Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Bajadave55
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:15 am
Bronco Info: 1996 bronco, 5.8

Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by Bajadave55 »

Hey guys I'm looking to build a bronco. Been doing a bunch of research through this forum. Seems like solo, southwest performance n threat motorsports is a majority of what everyone is using. I'm just looking on getting a stock width, cut n turned ttb. Probably won't go with coilover's yet unless I come up on some extra cash. I've been reading that southwest n solo r top notch. Threat is not as poplar but a few still use there products. Also looks like threat has some killer deals and r cheaper then everyone else. Does anybody out there have any info on threats stock width , cut n turn beams? Can't afford to redo the steering yet. Just looking for a kit Me n my boys can mash around the desert n have fun. Greatly appreciated for any of info.
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by Tchajagos »

Dave at threat does so great work. He is less expensive because he does the work out of his garage but his stuff is still really well put together and he is a great fabricator. Solo has some of the best bronco parts that are super beefy and they are really great people who stand behind their work. I don't think southwest is around anymore. The owner got into some legal trouble. There is also autofab. John makes a lot of great parts over there. A bit more $ but quality.

I've personally met all of the owners of these shops (except southwest) and they are all really great guys who will help you out with whatever you need.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by philofab »

Solo or Autofab is your best bet.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Bajadave55
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:15 am
Bronco Info: 1996 bronco, 5.8

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by Bajadave55 »

Tchajagos wrote:Dave at threat does so great work. He is less expensive because he does the work out of his garage but his stuff is still really well put together and he is a great fabricator. Solo has some of the best bronco parts that are super beefy and they are really great people who stand behind their work. I don't think southwest is around anymore. The owner got into some legal trouble. There is also autofab. John makes a lot of great parts over there. A bit more $ but quality.

I've personally met all of the owners of these shops (except southwest) and they are all really great guys who will help you out with whatever you need.

Thanks for the info. I spoke to mark senior from southwest performance about 2 months ago. Really nice guy. Did they just recently get in trouble?
damon1272
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by damon1272 »

No his son did quite while ago. Still handing out at the gentleman and club.
User avatar
S00TLYFE
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:14 am
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW
Location: Buena Park

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by S00TLYFE »

Dave did my cut and turn for $325 without plating, and I was impressed with the work. Got my radius arms from Bobby and Paul at Solo and was also extremely impressed. Both came down to convenience when I went with them, also great to work with, would recommend either one.
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
VintageIronFab
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
Bronco Info: Bronco List:
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by VintageIronFab »

I would use Flight Industries if I wasn't building my own. Robert builds better stuff than any of the others in my opinion.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
hollandermotorsports
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Depends on your budget and time line. I do a lot of business with Solo personally and for my customers. With Solo you call today and order there is a good chance it will ship today. They stock pretty much everything you need to build a bronco and if it is not in stock they can have it built within days. I have never dealt with a off-road fab shop that has had the resources to stock components like Solo does it is great and when they tell you something they stand behind it. Also they have been building bronco's for a long time and their history speaks for itself. They are a great team to work with. Cho and the Richer racing team are also a very solid group to work with. Cho builds very nice beams he probably can knock some cut & turn out in a couple days. Like I said everything comes down to budget and time line.
Bajadave55
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 8:15 am
Bronco Info: 1996 bronco, 5.8

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by Bajadave55 »

hollandermotorsports wrote:Depends on your budget and time line. I do a lot of business with Solo personally and for my customers. With Solo you call today and order there is a good chance it will ship today. They stock pretty much everything you need to build a bronco and if it is not in stock they can have it built within days. I have never dealt with a off-road fab shop that has had the resources to stock components like Solo does it is great and when they tell you something they stand behind it. Also they have been building bronco's for a long time and their history speaks for itself. They are a great team to work with. Cho and the Richer racing team are also a very solid group to work with. Cho builds very nice beams he probably can knock some cut & turn out in a couple days. Like I said everything comes down to budget and time line.
Thanks for the info. Really like how solo has everything in stock. Don't know what I need yet for a basic set up. Still learning on what I need. Looking into some cut n turned beams. Maybe coilovers if I can afford it.
User avatar
S00TLYFE
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:14 am
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW
Location: Buena Park

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by S00TLYFE »

I woul get their "stage 1" kit and try to source some used deavers, for under 2000 you'd have a really nice performing bronco for not a lot of cheddar
https://donttellmywiferacing.bigcartel.com/ (We have shirts, stickers, saginaw pumps, and other Bronco/OBS goodies)
User avatar
cwrisley
Posts: 798
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:17 am
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........
Location: El Cajon, CA.

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by cwrisley »

S00TLYFE wrote:I woul get their "stage 1" kit and try to source some used deavers, for under 2000 you'd have a really nice performing bronco for not a lot of cheddar
That's exactly what I did. I've been nothing but happy with my Bronco and Bobby, Paul, and the whole Solo farm of badassery.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Solo, threat racing or southwest performance

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Any of the above mentioned people (including Richer & Flight) are good. SW is still in business. Mark Sr. has been running things since the "trouble". Still high quality parts.

All in all with pretty much anyone mentioned in this thread you'd be ok.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Post Reply