Mike's Ocho Cuatro Bronco build aka White Lightning
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Now we're getting a little personal!
How can you NO love this????
How can you NO love this????
- Attachments
-
- x 165.jpg (232.99 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
-
- x 163.jpg (279.35 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Ugly puppies are cute. 
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Nick wrote:Ugly puppies are cute.
ha ha ha good point Nick. 70s trucks are nice but you know how I feel about the early 80s Fords Steve. You're just jealous you don't get hassled by the man to smog your vehicle, LOL.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
convoy wrote:Wait a second they had this guys picture on file??? He was from San Clemente right? Was he the one that stole it to begin with? Crazy..
Griffin, CHP believes the last owner was not the person who did the vin job but did have me identify him. I had his name on old receipts and the pink slip so it was easy for them to pull up a DMV driver's license picture. Seller does live in San Clemente but I honestly think he didn't know the vehicle was stolen.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
I had some down time this evening after work so I decided to mount my highback Beard seats.





Whiile taking off the rear side panels I found these things. WTF!




Thought this Bronco was once owned by the Unabomber, lol.
CP





Whiile taking off the rear side panels I found these things. WTF!




Thought this Bronco was once owned by the Unabomber, lol.
CP
Last edited by BajaBronco13 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Those look like old school crossovers for component speakers. Were they on both sides?
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Yeah they are. I have another 1986 Bronco and have never seen those under the rear panels.RyanDS650X wrote:Those look like old school crossovers for component speakers. Were they on both sides?
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Prototype flux capacitor?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Those are cutting edge 80s technology. Crossovers for the rear speakers.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Cross over with a notch filter to be more precise, somebody was getting extra tweeky on thier bumps......... I think I might still have some of those floating around LOL......... Electronic cross overs and separate amps made life so much easier.........
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Here is some pictures from yesterday. These are Solo radius arms plated and now off to the powder coater. Can't wait to see them come back.




-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Finally borrowed my neighbor's engine hoist and pulled out the blown engine out of the bronco. I also noticed my rear tailgate sits way low so I bought new tailgate straps from Kragen.




- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Nice Chris!BajaBronco13 wrote:Here is some pictures from yesterday. These are Solo radius arms plated and now off to the powder coater. Can't wait to see them come back.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Removed the carpet and side panels. I'll clean off all surface rust and throw some Herculiner.




-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Thanks B. Here is a pic of my engine cage. In the coming week I'll blow the front fenders off, fender mounts and all brackets I can pull off to get them powder coated. Truck needs some serious cleaning:


- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
What - no pics of my HOURS of hard work on those???BajaBronco13 wrote:Here is some pictures from yesterday. These are Solo radius arms plated and now off to the powder coater. Can't wait to see them come back.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
ha ha ha Steve I took those with Tony's camera. Tony post up some of Steve's fab work.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Chris' Ocho-Cinco Bronco build
Not much of an update but a few things I did before I left town.
Dash clock did not work, swapped it out for a JY unit:



Changed the crappy faux wood grain dash panel for an all black unit:


Started to swap out the BFG All Terrains for the BFG KRs for our upcoming October Baja trip:






Is anyone running the tire vertical on the driver side without a cage? If so I'd love to see your tire mount:

Dash clock did not work, swapped it out for a JY unit:



Changed the crappy faux wood grain dash panel for an all black unit:


Started to swap out the BFG All Terrains for the BFG KRs for our upcoming October Baja trip:






Is anyone running the tire vertical on the driver side without a cage? If so I'd love to see your tire mount:

Last edited by BajaBronco13 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
Sexy!!
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Jay's 1984 Bronco
I have the stock inside passenger rear mount Tony gave me. You can have it if you want to try it.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
