Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

hollandermotorsports
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Has anyone had luck with a reliable company or individual for dyno tuning Broncos? Im trying to take mine out to start testing it and would really like to get the motor tuned before hand. It currently has a stock tune and the guy that is supposed to tune is paid in full and has disappeared so now its plan b so I need to find a new tuner.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by cs_drums »

I'd go to JBA. I have not used them yet but have heard nothing but good things and they had very good customer service when I asked a ridiculous amount of questions via email.

I was actually gonna post about potentially doing a GFB dyno day. I just finished the Paxton install on mine. I know there are a bunch of Hp/tq questions in the motor build thread. Maybe we can get a good deal if we get a few guys involved and get dirt sports out there for a story haha
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Where are they located? Make it a BBQ and I'm there!! Haha.
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

I run the SCT software but that does you no good as im in AZ... Maybe jump on the NLOC forum and see who likes the socal area tuners.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by cs_drums »

Don't we have a member that works for the magazines? I feel like that might help get a shop involved for less $$ as it would be great advertising
dtbback
Posts: 1677
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by dtbback »

Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach can take care of you. They'll burn you a custom chip for your tune and they have dyno services.
LvSteve
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:02 am
Bronco Info: 1995 XLT Sport. 96 427w e4od obd II system........ SOLD IT
Location: Henderson NV , Murray UT

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by LvSteve »

I use Sin City Performance in Henderson NV 702 434 6417
User avatar
motoxscott
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:32 am
Bronco Info: 408 Prerunner
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by motoxscott »

Powertrain Dynamics in HB ... one of the best tuners out there. We've been using him for years.

- Scott
hollandermotorsports
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Either way sounds good. Powertrain Dynamics sounds like they are a good choice. JBA is local and that is key for me I don't want to have to take a day off work for this but if I need to I will. Thank you guys for the input I will get a hold of both shops today.
hollandermotorsports
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by hollandermotorsports »

I have contacted both companies and already had a response from both. JBA is roughly $850 and they need vehicles for 1.5 days. Still talking to Powertrain dynamics.
User avatar
1Hondalover
Posts: 819
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....
Location: Santa Clarita

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by 1Hondalover »

Jim & Paige's Bronco going to PD in January.
hollandermotorsports
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: Dyno tuning OBD2 Bronco

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Well it looks like JBA is the best bet for me due to my schedule and location. I am dropping off on Tuesday and picking up Thursday. Thank you for the input.
Post Reply