McQueen Glass

squirelmurphy
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by squirelmurphy »

So you have to cut the sides off of the hood? I take it these are super wide like the bedsides?
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Look at the grill too... Looks like he's expecting people to cut that & widen it if I'm seeing things right. Can't tell for sure.

My guess is he'll supply a hood for/with the fenders.

I've been waiting to see what he did for the fronts on these things. I like the style so far. Problem (for me) is all of these are made for 39" tires. I'm hoping the 35's I like to run wouldn't be swimming in these wheel openings
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Saw more pics & the grill is stock. I hope he does a drop center hood vs. the huge bump up he did like on the 92-96 glass. Either way it's looking nice.
squirelmurphy
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:05 pm
Bronco Info: No broncos, but I have a 73 f100 with a big block. Does that count?

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by squirelmurphy »

I agree that it does look nice. I like it a lot more than the trailer products one piece that was made. It's too big for my truck for sure. Definitely for the big tires. It's hard to tuck big tires with the hood rolling over like it does stock. I would rather have the narrow hood than a 1 piece.

I'm pretty sure this glass is going on one that Raceco is building.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

McQueen Glass

Post by robertcrav »

I believe so...
Image
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Any build thread on that thing Robert? Or is it an instagram only thing? My I hate being old & crotchety & missing out on things because I don't want new fangled stuff like instagram...
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

That kind of looks like the one Chris eisenhauer is working on.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by robertcrav »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Any build thread on that thing Robert? Or is it an instagram only thing? My I hate being old & crotchety & missing out on things because I don't want new fangled stuff like instagram...
Still looking for a build thread somewhere, but there are also a few scattered pics on their FB
https://www.facebook.com/RacecoUSA/photos_stream
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thank you. Will check it out
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Mcqueen, I really love the way you are doing the 70's style body lines. I wish you could do that kind of integration in the 92-96 ford front fenders. I do understand it is hard to tie in body lines when going wider. Maybe a modified headlight bezel pushing the headlights out to the sides to help the transition. Just a thought. Keep up the good work.
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

McQueen Glass

Post by Tchajagos »

I think if there was a lower valence that it would tie everything together nicely, like what he did on the ranger.
93fsb
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 am
Bronco Info: '93 fsb Camburg beams, king C/O's, deavers
Location: New Mexico

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by 93fsb »

Speaking of body lines.....

Image


Not mine but one I saw on facebook.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Post by robertcrav »

#gofastlashes
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Personally, I am not a fan of the 97+ conversion fiberglass. I am kind of a purist when it comes to 92-96 style fiberglass, but the retro 80- 86 style is cool for that retro look.
User avatar
rdcjuanb
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:37 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco parked in garage. Long term project.
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by rdcjuanb »

Reminds me of the bronco that used to run around with Dodge Ram glass on it.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by yikes »

rdcjuanb wrote:Reminds me of the bronco that used to run around with Dodge Ram glass on it.
The Fodge
hollandermotorsports
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by hollandermotorsports »

super fodge.jpg
super fodge.jpg (137.4 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
There can only be one super fodge. As ugly as this truck is it works unbelievably well.
User avatar
rdcjuanb
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:37 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco parked in garage. Long term project.
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by rdcjuanb »

hollandermotorsports wrote:
super fodge.jpg
There can only be one super fodge. As ugly as this truck is it works unbelievably well.
No, the original Fodge was a bronco with Dodge ram fiberglass front end on it. Green bronco, black front end if I remember correctly. I will look for a picture. Always saw it in Laughlin. Maybe it was Rory Wards.. ha ha just kidding.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re:

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Personally, I am not a fan of the 97+ conversion fiberglass. I am kind of a purist when it comes to 92-96 style fiberglass, but the retro 80- 86 style is cool for that retro look.
That is no where near conversion gladd. Just a clip he found cheap I'm sure so he said "why not" & ran it. I'm trying to figure out what the bedsides are for. Thinking Blazer maybe? Oh and don't get me started on the 80-86... Yuk!


rdcjuanb wrote:
hollandermotorsports wrote:
super fodge.jpg
There can only be one super fodge. As ugly as this truck is it works unbelievably well.
No, the original Fodge was a bronco with Dodge ram fiberglass front end on it. Green bronco, black front end if I remember correctly. I will look for a picture. Always saw it in Laughlin. Maybe it was Rory Wards.. ha ha just kidding.
I think we've all seen the one John is talking about. Fugly as hell but had some cool parts on it. Guy was asking a decent amount for how fugly the thing looked though.
User avatar
Tchajagos
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
Location: Murrieta

McQueen Glass

Post by Tchajagos »

Image
Post Reply