Got the fenders/hood painted. Pretty psyched to have a truck that's all the same color again. Fenders/hood are just a touch whiter than the rest of the truck, but I guess thats 20 year old paint for you. Hopefully they'll get closer as time goes by.
Thanks man! So I'm thinking real hard about ditching the shell. The frame flex on the truck is pretty noticeable, and I can see the shell/bed moving around quite a bit even on paved roads, and I'm worried that offroad, it will move around so much it's going to hit the back of the cab and cause damage. I like the looks of it, but not sold on it for offroad unless the truck was properly caged all the way to the rear of the vehicle.
I don't really pay much attention to it since I know it doesn't hit. Though form what I can tell by slowing down my video is that when it does move on hard hits its a more of a twisting motion vs the a bending one. I do have about a 2.5-3" gap between my cab and shell.
I don't really pay much attention to it since I know it doesn't hit. Though form what I can tell by slowing down my video is that when it does move on hard hits its a more of a twisting motion vs a bending one. I do have about a 2.5-3" gap between my cab and shell.
I had to have the amber lenses made. I think I have a couple extras. The only problem is that the lexan used is about 2mm thicker than the original lenses, so the faceplate doesn't sit down flush against the light body. It's still water tight, but a little bit of light escapes through that 2mm gap. I didn't notice a drop in light performance though.
Let me know if you want to give one a try and I can check to see if I have an extra one.