Michael Cox's Street Queen
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
So what's next?*
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
What's next on the to do list? Probably just make a couple front shock changes and take it to Adams go kart track Thursday for drift night to try out the changes see if I can make the truck turn in. The push was really bad it has the most narrow spot to try and catch turn in.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Do you have upper link adjustment plates mike?
So on my race truck I used this software I have to calculate all the crap: instant center, roll center, center of gravity, roll moment ect. So basically the way I set up the rear 4 link was with 3 sets of holes that made the span between link pivots larger or smaller. According to my calculations the 3 spans I chose was 1 to lift the rear tires on weight transfer, one neutral and one to drive the tires down hard. My thinking was in the sandier conditions I wanted more float, and hard downward for the harder packed stuff. I'm wondering If the upper link front pivot span is causing the front to lift lessening the front wheel traction. So basically when on the gas it's not very responsive. Pm me your email address and I'll email you a copy. I can coach you with it a little but I haven't touched it in a few years. Grab a tape measure and calculate your creation, I'm thinking with a little fab and tape measure with the numbers crunched for you showing your weight transfer result as it currently sits may help shed some light on your questions on the trucks handling. It may not all be in the shocks, I'd leave those alone till you see the tuck n droop numbers reguarding weight transfer.
So on my race truck I used this software I have to calculate all the crap: instant center, roll center, center of gravity, roll moment ect. So basically the way I set up the rear 4 link was with 3 sets of holes that made the span between link pivots larger or smaller. According to my calculations the 3 spans I chose was 1 to lift the rear tires on weight transfer, one neutral and one to drive the tires down hard. My thinking was in the sandier conditions I wanted more float, and hard downward for the harder packed stuff. I'm wondering If the upper link front pivot span is causing the front to lift lessening the front wheel traction. So basically when on the gas it's not very responsive. Pm me your email address and I'll email you a copy. I can coach you with it a little but I haven't touched it in a few years. Grab a tape measure and calculate your creation, I'm thinking with a little fab and tape measure with the numbers crunched for you showing your weight transfer result as it currently sits may help shed some light on your questions on the trucks handling. It may not all be in the shocks, I'd leave those alone till you see the tuck n droop numbers reguarding weight transfer.
-
dtbback
- Posts: 1677
- Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Just watched the video..... AND THAT WAS EEEFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG AWESOME!!!!!!!Cactus Cooler wrote:Silverslk wrote:cant figure out how to embed with this stupid iPad
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7g96eYgCM
The Bronco, Here comes the Bronco, The BRONCO! LOOK HOW COOL THAT BRONCO IS! Haaahaa, LOOK AT THAT BRONCO!
NICE!!!
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
2 wheel'n its the new 3 wheeling
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20141014_121508.jpg (113.94 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
SST jumping over my bud. We will call him Mr. Yellow
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20140926_130140.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
More shock changes and testing.
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20141010_163057.jpg (214.74 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Jumping into the turn
- Attachments
-
- IMG_20141013_094650.jpg (214.74 KiB) Viewed 1991 times
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
- ChiroMatt
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm
- Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer 5.8l Clean Stock for now
- Location: Calaveras
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Great shots.
Hits the big jumps straight on no problem.
Sure doesn't like to turn though.
Hits the big jumps straight on no problem.
Sure doesn't like to turn though.
-
Smart Alex
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm
- Bronco Info: 1991 351. lightweight special
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Haha right!! I'm working on it!!!ChiroMatt wrote:Great shots.
Hits the big jumps straight on no problem.
Sure doesn't like to turn though.
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Whats new?
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Cough... Rage at the River ... Cough


-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Good luck!
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Loving the speed hole on the front. Getting a little more air to those coolers back there
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Nick Tonelli drove it today...believe Michael will be driving tomorrow.
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1418528726730.jpg (112.31 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Mike - not sure how close you are with Tonelli, but if you end up at his place gimme a shout as he's about 2 streets over from me. I see him there working on his ranger & other stuff all the time.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
Baja next Mike?!
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
From Today
- Attachments
-
- uploadfromtaptalk1418619121768.jpg (125.97 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Michael Cox's Street Queen
So awesome !!!
