Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
- BDKW1
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
- Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
- Location: Not Socal
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
The grey stuff is MDS filled nylon. Also good stuff, just a pain to machine, not hard enough and gummier than delrin.
Delrin AF is tanish.
Delrin AF is tanish.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Oh ok, I've seen the tan stuff at my customers shop. So it has self lubricating properties but is still tough yet machinable?
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
They also have fluorescent orange and some teal there too, any idea what those are for? I know they make solenoid pistons and manifold bodies for all types of applications. They've also started doing plastic and nylon injection molding in the past few years. I raid there rem bin when I'm in need of machinable plastics.
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Took my girls up to Holy Jim today then lunch at Cook's Corner.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
I've always wanted to go check that place out, I've driven past that area countless times too. How's the trails? Is it rock crawler stuff for the most part? Is one main trail? I was checking out the topo maps a while back, looks like you can go from corona to cooks all dirt ( bolt cutters may be required though lol)
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Its not bad. Not rock crawler by any means. You go past cooks corner through a long twisty hammock of oaks, then O'Neill park, across a small bridge and the entrance is on the left.
The access road used to be gravel but as of yesterday there wasn't much gravel and the road was rutted bad. I would have hammerd down through it but my wife was sqwaking and my little ones were in the car so I babied it.
Once you get to the trailhead its heavily wooded and totally doable in 2wd. Its about 3 mi up and there are usually mtn bikers and hikers along he way. There is a fork in the road and Holy Jim trail goes to the left but you can't drive all the way up. There are actually cabins up there that have been there since the 20'
You have to hike the rest of the way up to the falls but judging by the lack of water ( at all ) at the lower crossings it probably wouldn't be to impressive right now.
You can drive from Cooks, to Ortega, to Corona, to Elsinore via those trails up there. And you don't need bolt cutters you can actually get keys to the gates from the ranger station in Corona. You lease the key for a $100 deposit for the year. There is more information about that on dirtopia.com. They won't have the main trail open when its wet out so that the trail doesn't get too chewed up. I found that out the hard way a couple weeks ago on my first trip out thinking i'd be able to go all over - NOT. So the next week I went out and went from Ortega over to Indian Trail just short of the Saddleback summit and came down into Elsinore. There were parts that were a lot of loose shale and steep and I was solo so I was kinda sketched but my rig did just fine.
Next time i'm going to the top....hehe
The access road used to be gravel but as of yesterday there wasn't much gravel and the road was rutted bad. I would have hammerd down through it but my wife was sqwaking and my little ones were in the car so I babied it.
Once you get to the trailhead its heavily wooded and totally doable in 2wd. Its about 3 mi up and there are usually mtn bikers and hikers along he way. There is a fork in the road and Holy Jim trail goes to the left but you can't drive all the way up. There are actually cabins up there that have been there since the 20'
You have to hike the rest of the way up to the falls but judging by the lack of water ( at all ) at the lower crossings it probably wouldn't be to impressive right now.
You can drive from Cooks, to Ortega, to Corona, to Elsinore via those trails up there. And you don't need bolt cutters you can actually get keys to the gates from the ranger station in Corona. You lease the key for a $100 deposit for the year. There is more information about that on dirtopia.com. They won't have the main trail open when its wet out so that the trail doesn't get too chewed up. I found that out the hard way a couple weeks ago on my first trip out thinking i'd be able to go all over - NOT. So the next week I went out and went from Ortega over to Indian Trail just short of the Saddleback summit and came down into Elsinore. There were parts that were a lot of loose shale and steep and I was solo so I was kinda sketched but my rig did just fine.
Next time i'm going to the top....hehe
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Cool. Post more photos if you have them. Cute kids, by the way!Buckin91 wrote:Took my girls up to Holy Jim today then lunch at Cook's Corner.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Good info, thanks man. I've seen pictures of guys at saddleback summit before, I had assumed it was something do able years ago but since closed like so many other places.
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Here's a vid going through the cabinshttps://vimeo.com/112644674
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Thanks man!SteveG wrote:Cool. Post more photos if you have them. Cute kids, by the way!Buckin91 wrote:Took my girls up to Holy Jim today then lunch at Cook's Corner.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Looks like it's worth checking out, thanks for sharing man. I'll look into this more. I also heard about a camping area ohv and lake behind Pendleton some place. I know where the ohv area starts but have never really explored back there.
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Perris there is a ton of places to go...Christmas road.....someone had posted on here in another thread something about that area....outdoor shooting and miles of roads....I checked it out on google maps
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
I like. New to you Bronco?
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Kick ass rare color!
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
No, belongs to my buddy Josh.
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Holy Jims was much more 'exciting' back when I was in hs... I grew up out in RSM, still live there and would go almost daily if I didn't have football practice... now the road is graded with gravel and they've fenced in quite a bit. Almost rolled my Jeep back there because a buddy told me, 'the faster you go, the smoother it would be'... true, however, he was unlicensed..and we didn't remember the hard right. We bicycle around the corner a bit and thankfully didn't wind up in the wash which was an 8 ft drop at that point...this was back in 92-93
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
Robert I grew up in the area at that time as well. Went to that elementary school adjacent to Holy Jim for 6th grade, since Rancho Santa Margarita wasn't around at that time. Remember the bull at that small ranch house on Plano Trabuco (think its a Econo Lube n tune now)?
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
robertcrav wrote:Holy Jims was much more 'exciting' back when I was in hs... I grew up out in RSM, still live there and would go almost daily if I didn't have football practice... now the road is graded with gravel and they've fenced in quite a bit. Almost rolled my Jeep back there because a buddy told me, 'the faster you go, the smoother it would be'... true, however, he was unlicensed..and we didn't remember the hard right. We bicycle around the corner a bit and thankfully didn't wind up in the wash which was an 8 ft drop at that point...this was back in 92-93
Kids.... hahaconvoy wrote:Robert I grew up in the area at that time as well. Went to that elementary school adjacent to Holy Jim for 6th grade, since Rancho Santa Margarita wasn't around at that time. Remember the bull at that small ranch house on Plano Trabuco (think its a Econo Lube n tune now)?
I was riding Ortega Highway back then and taking that route from Antonio to Cooks corner every sunday.
- robertcrav
- Let me google that for you
- Posts: 4313
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
- Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
- Location: South O.C.
- Contact:
Re: Prerunner Bronco Pic Post-& other cool stuff too...
lol... Young stupid, and lucky I made it thru a lot of the dumb crap I did... I do remember, and it is still a Econo Lube N Tune
I didn't start going up and down Ortega until 2000... didn't really like Trabuco Canyon too many cops because of all the bikers at Cooks... up at 5am, gased up at Chevron at Ortega and the 5, by 5:30...up at lookout by 6am almost every Saturday/Sunday for a couple of years
I didn't start going up and down Ortega until 2000... didn't really like Trabuco Canyon too many cops because of all the bikers at Cooks... up at 5am, gased up at Chevron at Ortega and the 5, by 5:30...up at lookout by 6am almost every Saturday/Sunday for a couple of years
