The Gun Thread

scraptor
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:30 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 f150 bronco wannabe
Location: nova scotia canada help me !!!!

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by scraptor »

AussieRod wrote:
Rmc wrote:Does the law frown on hunting from the cab of the truck Rod?
In my area they will bust you for both spotlighting and shooting from the cab.
Robert, I NEVER hunt from the road in my truck, as it is highly illegal. I only shoot from the truck on private property.
Generally, as a rule, during the day, unless I'm driving the fence lines, I am on foot, stalking, or posting up at a dam or water tank
where the hogs come down to drink morning and at dusk. If I am working for a property owner culling roos, I can usually get within 100 yds at night, but sometimes 2 - 300
yd shots present themselves during the day.
Night hunting is a no no here, unless you are a registered native "indian" , and only the handicapped can shoot from a vehicle, shooting from a public road is illegal in all cases.

An old joke around here is that a game warden is just a naked man lost in the woods.
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

Well, Customs is playing a new game now. Apparently, there is a shit load of Mossberg MVP Patrol rifles in 300 Blackout awaiting release, but their excuse now is, they can't release any weapons while the G20 is here due to "security concerns". WTF?? :shock: :roll: :? However, the gunshop says that there is releases to be processed up until the 15th, then no more until after the BS20. I'm hoping to see it by my birthday (Dec) if possible. My Savage is still "in transit" according to secure post, so I'll assume it will arrive sometime next week (it's only been 2 weeks since it was sent, mind you). One thing I have taken from this...... NEVER purchase firearms interstate unless they are on the shelf, and don't buy them interstate, either. Anyway, once they are here, I'll fit their respective optics and go have some fun :D A Tasco 3 - 9 x 40 is going on the Savage and a Bushnell Trophy XLT 3 - 9 x 40 MilDot on the Mossberg.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Rmc »

Ok guys, I was poking around the web and found the new stock called bumpfirestsystems
Many of you have probably heard of the hip trick, the belt loop technique, or the rubber band to use the rifles recoil to actuate the trigger to fire the next round. This stock is spring loaded to do exactly that, making a semi auto mechanically actuate to act fully auto while still maintaining all it's semi auto components. Check out the vid pretty cool shit.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

Yeah they are pretty cool but I believe CA had already banned them. Anyone no for sure?
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

Rmc wrote:Ok guys, I was poking around the web and found the new stock called bumpfirestsystems
Many of you have probably heard of the hip trick, the belt loop technique, or the rubber band to use the rifles recoil to actuate the trigger to fire the next round. This stock is spring loaded to do exactly that, making a semi auto mechanically actuate to act fully auto while still maintaining all it's semi auto components. Check out the vid pretty cool shit.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrODJE
Actually, Rob, it's not spring loaded, the rifle travels freely in the buttstock and your support hand provides the "spring" effect. Pretty cool gadget. Next time I am over thepond, I'll put one of these away for a rainy day ;)
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Rmc »

Your right Rod, I watched a few more vids and saw that. I can't get a straight answer if the ca legal though. Looks like there still ok according to the ATF but they could change their minds.
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

That is called bump firing a semiautomatic rifle. There are many techniques to do it and the Sure Fire stock takes advantage of the law not being specific about the way a multi round shot is fired. Technically you are pulling the trigger every shot without moving your finger while the rifle fire mechanism floats in the stock. I was able to bump fire my old Ruger 10/22 and go through 30 rounds in under a minute. My Ruger is Pre - Ban so I have a 30 round banana magazine.

Do any of you remember the old gun magazine ad's that sold the trigger attachment for any semiautomatic rifle that was just a rotary trigger puller to make it like a machine gun? Those were so funny and eventually they were targeted in the gun laws.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Rmc »

I remember those rotary trigger pullers. They were cool but not practical like this style. I think you could actually keep it kinda on target with this style. Of course it would take some getting used to though id imagine. From the reading I was doing there's another style called an Atkins that was outlawed because it used a spring to do this same effect. In the end Atkins had to do a recall and refund program. So that being said if someone were to buy one of these I think the gunshow and cash would be the way to go unless you want a knock at your door in the future if they were to become outlawed.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Rmc »

I have a hard time believing that they got all of the Atkins style back for destruction but you never know I guess. How bad would that suck... You invent something, sell a shitload and then a knock at the door. " ya that product you've sold thousands of, get them all back and return their money" . How fast do you think that guy went broke?
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

I HATE this shithole of a country I live in. I'd dearly LOVE to have an AR 15, but the hoops one has to jump through just to dream about owning one are impossible to negotiate. I have to have a Cat D licence (semi auto rifle) to be able to get anywhere near one, AND I need to be a primary producer (farmer/land owner +10,000 acres with a feral pest problem), a full-time professional shooter (read feral culler) or have an Attorney General Permit to accuire one. In this state, forget it. MAYBE, in Queensland, it's possible, but convincing the Hand Brake to move would be the problem :( The best I could hope for would be a Ruger Mini 14, but even that is almost unobtainium. Oh well. :roll: :? :( You lucky barstages.
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

The way we are going, we will be in the same boat. I will go dig a hole and hide them for the eventual revolution. :-) =-O :'(
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Nick »

Wrightracing.net wrote:The way we are going, we will be in the same boat. I will go dig a hole and hide them for the eventual revolution. :-) =-O :'(
I don't think that we have it in us to revolt. We've become too complacent.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I agree Nick.
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

That may be true. I will be one of those crazy old men deep in the desert with my dog. :-)
D1cker1
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by D1cker1 »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415524129.201133.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415524129.201133.jpg (119.18 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Nick »

That's purdy!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Rmc »

Very nice!
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Nice.....
User avatar
AussieRod
Posts: 2818
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:43 am
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.
Location: Downunder

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by AussieRod »

You put that up to make me jealous, didn't you ? Well,









ITS WORKING!! :cry: :cry: I HATE YOU! :mrgreen:
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by robertcrav »

These are Sooo sick.

Jesse James Firearms Damascus 1911 in progress...slide has over 1000 layers
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1415591052349.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1415591052349.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
uploadfromtaptalk1415591037040.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1415591037040.jpg (77.41 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
uploadfromtaptalk1415591014295.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1415591014295.jpg (56.88 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
Post Reply