Tonys 93 bronco
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
I just brought the Bronco back to my house and I'm uploading a short clip of how it sounds currently after the tune. I will post it up in a little bit
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
On the first page of my build thread has pics and vids of my setup http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =33&t=1111
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
That sounds good, Ryan!
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
http://youtu.be/Vtllu3PL2Wo
This is the only one I have out in the desert but I think I had the waterproof case on the GoPro the sound isn't all that good the last run of the 3 in this video sounds alright
This is the only one I have out in the desert but I think I had the waterproof case on the GoPro the sound isn't all that good the last run of the 3 in this video sounds alright
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
Well. Bronco is down for almost 3 weeks now. Rear end humming turned out to be a Yukon locker that was going south. Fortunately it didn't while out in Mexico. Called up Yukon and all replacement parts were sent. Going to take advantage and do new bearings all the way through as well.
Also, same time noticed a leak at the water pump, turns out it was going south....no sweat! I have a brand new motorcraft in the garage I've been waiting to throw on....wait, one of those bolts breaks. Now the timing cover has to come off. Might as well do the chain right since it is all apart...... Sigh!
Well, it will come home shortly with a new y pipe, muffler, water pump, timing chain and full rebuild on the rear end. Time for another Mexico run!!
Also, same time noticed a leak at the water pump, turns out it was going south....no sweat! I have a brand new motorcraft in the garage I've been waiting to throw on....wait, one of those bolts breaks. Now the timing cover has to come off. Might as well do the chain right since it is all apart...... Sigh!
Well, it will come home shortly with a new y pipe, muffler, water pump, timing chain and full rebuild on the rear end. Time for another Mexico run!!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
Sounds like when I was chasing a squeak, one thing led to another. Glad no failures while in Mexico though, that would have sucked.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
Generally, by the time we buy these trucks, it's too late. The damage is done. The best we can do is replace bad parts as we go and service the cooling system often. And, YES! It's better to find this stuff at home than on the road or trail.tcm glx wrote:Well. Bronco is down for almost 3 weeks now. Rear end humming turned out to be a Yukon locker that was going south. Fortunately it didn't while out in Mexico. Called up Yukon and all replacement parts were sent. Going to take advantage and do new bearings all the way through as well.
Also, same time noticed a leak at the water pump, turns out it was going south....no sweat! I have a brand new motorcraft in the garage I've been waiting to throw on....wait, one of those bolts breaks. Now the timing cover has to come off. Might as well do the chain right since it is all apart...... Sigh!
Well, it will come home shortly with a new y pipe, muffler, water pump, timing chain and full rebuild on the rear end. Time for another Mexico run!!
-
VintageIronFab
- Posts: 2338
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco List:
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
Ryan might as well do an oil pan gasket while doing all that work-
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
SteveG wrote:Generally, by the time we buy these trucks, it's too late. The damage is done. The best we can do is replace bad parts as we go and service the cooling system often. And, YES! It's better to find this stuff at home than on the road or trail.tcm glx wrote:Well. Bronco is down for almost 3 weeks now. Rear end humming turned out to be a Yukon locker that was going south. Fortunately it didn't while out in Mexico. Called up Yukon and all replacement parts were sent. Going to take advantage and do new bearings all the way through as well.
Also, same time noticed a leak at the water pump, turns out it was going south....no sweat! I have a brand new motorcraft in the garage I've been waiting to throw on....wait, one of those bolts breaks. Now the timing cover has to come off. Might as well do the chain right since it is all apart...... Sigh!
Well, it will come home shortly with a new y pipe, muffler, water pump, timing chain and full rebuild on the rear end. Time for another Mexico run!!
Yup no doubt
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
Nice! I bet it sounds great!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
It does Steve....well it does sitting on the lift. I haven't been able to drive it but I did turn it on and listen while parked and it sounded good. I had always read on the other boards that the Bassani Headers and the Bassani y Pipe together worked incredibly well so I am anxious to drive it. Hopefully within the next week.
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
Looking good Tony. You will like the y pipe, makes a big difference.
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
otter wrote:Looking good Tony. You will like the y pipe, makes a big difference.
Thanks. That's what I keep hearing.....I have yet to hear anyone not satisfied with it.
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
You don't by chance have any of the blue rubber tubing that came with it left, do you?
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
otter wrote:You don't by chance have any of the blue rubber tubing that came with it left, do you?
I might, I'll check.
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
Looking good.
- otter
- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
- Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
- Location: Hawaii
Re: Tonys 93 bronco
tcm glx wrote:otter wrote:You don't by chance have any of the blue rubber tubing that came with it left, do you?
I might, I'll check.
Thanks, let me know. I tossed the piece when I pulled it off the bronco. I am running a piece of regular rubber hose right now. I am always nervous its going burst into flames on any trips longer than my commute to work(2 Miles).



