Tonys 93 bronco

User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by yikes »

tcm glx wrote:Dropped her off at JL today. Saw a familiar Bronco there (cough cough Yikes cough cough).
SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

tcm glx wrote:
Drilim wrote:Truck is looking as sexy as ever, Tony.
Thanks. Dropped her off at JL today. Saw a familiar Bronco there (cough cough Yikes cough cough).

The list is as follows;
Alignment
Steering wheel
Sag pump and brackets
Wilwood rear disc brake residuals
2.5" spring plates
Fluids

Also asked to get a quote on coming from the cage into the engine cage. I want to get that done within the next year. Super excited. Night race and Baja next on the agenda!!

SAG pump is an excellent upgrade guys, highly recommend it! Really pleased with that.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Big boy battery cables, bassani y pipe and square projectors. Check!

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by SteveG »

Nice upgrades! It looks like someone did a nice job on those cables. I like!

I always wanted to buy a nice Y-pipe sans converters for my Bronco. You'll have to let us know how it works.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Thanks Steve. Jonny Lightning did the cables. It's his specialty actually, wiring cars and stuff. Really nice work on the cables. In the pic you see a few spare sets. We had him build all of them at the same time

The y pipe exceeded my exoectations when I opened it up. Clean welds, Really good looking. Its Also has a cat, although its a small one.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by SteveG »

tcm glx wrote:Thanks Steve. Jonny Lightning did the cables. It's his specialty actually, wiring cars and stuff. Really nice work on the cables. In the pic you see a few spare sets. We had him build all of them at the same time.
Very nice. I loooove me some clean electrical. I'm sure GFB folks will eat those up.
User avatar
Baja
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 pm
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by Baja »

[quote="tcm glx"]Big boy battery cables, bassani y pipe and square projectors. Check!

Very nice, Tony. I am actually looking to get one of those Bassani Y pipes. I was leaning towards the off road pipe, due to that Bassani cat not being CARB certified anyway. Do you know if the cat-less version is the same length as the system with the cat? Also, any reason you went with the cat version, and where did you get yours?
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

I got it through auto anything. They are supposed to be the same length. I picked the cat so that at least visually there is something there. It's pretty small though as you can see in the pictures.
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

Im curious to see if you develop a drone... will yiu be running a muffler or just strait pipe? Oh and i havnt taken the pics of my set up because my bronco is out of town.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

RyanDS650X wrote:Im curious to see if you develop a drone... will yiu be running a muffler or just strait pipe? Oh and i havnt taken the pics of my set up because my bronco is out of town.
Me too Ryan. Definitely adding a muffler. Hoping it sounds good. Fingers crossed. No sweat in the picture. Whenever you get a minut. Are you running a muffler?
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

Yes 24" magnaflow and 3" mandrel bent pipe all the way out in stock location.
User avatar
Baja
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 pm
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by Baja »

RyanDS650X wrote:Yes 24" magnaflow and 3" mandrel bent pipe all the way out in stock location.
Ryan - Have any sound clips? I am trying to figure out what to do. I want it to sound good, yet be able to drive in it for hours at a time without going nuts.

Tony - I think I am going to get the off road, then add ball clamp connectors to add cats/muffler and save the pipe I cut out, so I can swap it in and out. My rear cat is somewhere on the Mojave Road and I want to avoid having that happen again. Plus, they get really hot. The last thing I want is to be driving through some bushes out in the middle of nowhere and start a forest fire. What muffler are you going with?

Greg
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Baja wrote:
RyanDS650X wrote:Yes 24" magnaflow and 3" mandrel bent pipe all the way out in stock location.
Ryan - Have any sound clips? I am trying to figure out what to do. I want it to sound good, yet be able to drive in it for hours at a time without going nuts.

Tony - I think I am going to get the off road, then add ball clamp connectors to add cats/muffler and save the pipe I cut out, so I can swap it in and out. My rear cat is somewhere on the Mojave Road and I want to avoid having that happen again. Plus, they get really hot. The last thing I want is to be driving through some bushes out in the middle of nowhere and start a forest fire. What muffler are you going with?

Greg

Ryan's truck is one of the best sounding rigs that I have personally heard on GFB. Truck sounds mean, yet not loud....he has some more work done to it though.

I hear you on the cats stuff. You will save yourself 100 bucks by skipping the cat.
User avatar
Baja
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 pm
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by Baja »

Nice. Post up after you install yours. I know I have to have another o2 bung welded in (CA 95 351) and I have heard that the air tube hookup can be a PITA. Not sure on that though.\

Ryan - Which series Magnaflow muffler you running?
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

Check my build thread for vids and sound clips. Im nit sure on a model number for the muffler it just a strait through typical magnaflow.
User avatar
Baja
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 pm
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by Baja »

RyanDS650X wrote:Check my build thread for vids and sound clips. Im nit sure on a model number for the muffler it just a strait through typical magnaflow.
Oh, okay. Will do. Thanks!
User avatar
cypher
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by cypher »

Won't it fail the visual smog test with the small cat? It probably doesn't have the carb numbers stamped on it, right?
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

No carb stamp. Registering the truck in the imperial valley.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by otter »

I was running the same y pipe minus the cat on my bronco and now on my F150. There is no noticeable drone. It will make the exhaust a whole lot louder. I had a 40 series flowmaster on the bronco and it was stupid loud. Having the little cat on there will probably make it little quieter. Made a huge improvement on top end feel.
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by robertcrav »

Isn't this your truck Ryan?

http://youtu.be/wJ4geLdg2YI
Post Reply