95 Bronco Build!
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Congrats!
- Kel Fab Creations
- Posts: 727
- Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
- Location: San Jacinto, Ca
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Congrats Travis!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Congrats Travis...I actually bought my truck about a month or two after my daughter was born...it's great to have a rig to work on at home so you can sneak out to the garage and get in a little wrench time while you're sticking close to home with the wife and little one.
I went through your thread and couldn't find this, maybe you can tell me what the width is on your new 17" wheels?
I went through your thread and couldn't find this, maybe you can tell me what the width is on your new 17" wheels?
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
nubreed71 wrote:Congrats Travis...I actually bought my truck about a month or two after my daughter was born...it's great to have a rig to work on at home so you can sneak out to the garage and get in a little wrench time while you're sticking close to home with the wife and little one.
I went through your thread and couldn't find this, maybe you can tell me what the width is on your new 17" wheels?
Yeah for sure. I just cant wait to get him turning wrenches. I haven't touched my truck in over 3 weeks, but my time has been well spent. Got a few (big) things in the works though!
My wheels are 17x8
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Thanks for the heads up on the wheels. Was looking at a similar set that had champion beadlocks added, but they are 17x9...not sure if I'm down with the extra width.
My little one is now 1.5 years old, and already doing so much...I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she'll be handing me tools...
My little one is now 1.5 years old, and already doing so much...I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she'll be handing me tools...
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Latest update


Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Yes! I remember putting my daughter in the seats while I turned wrenches on stuff in the cab. Shhhhh, don't tell mom...
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
That needs to be framed.
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
It funny the bronco has been part of my sons life since he was born. It almost like a pet. He gets upset when its broken. Ask about it when we are out of town. I think he loves it as much as me.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Love that picture. Absolutely needs to be framed.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
X2yikes wrote:Love that picture. Absolutely needs to be framed.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Thankfully my cousin took the pic and I have a huge version of it!
-
Mojo
- Posts: 444
- Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm
- Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs
- Location: Prescott, AZ
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I love that pic!!! Kids love Bronco's 
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
You only do that with new seats! Congrats. Can't wait for mine to pop in August.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
So here's a little teaser of things to come.


-
big-d
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm
- Bronco Info: 1987 F150, 351W/418 Stroker, E4OD, F250 1356 W/fixed yokes, Sterling 10.25, D50 TTB 4" over
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
f150 bedsides, I like the look!
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I like it! I would like to stretch mine in a few years and link the Bronco at that time. I like the look of the f150 bedsides. I think stretching the Bronco between the doors and the shell with those bedsides would look killer!!!!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Travis do you know how to lay glass? I've seen 3 versions of stretches done in the shell vs all the metal work. I saw one they stretched at the rear shell seam just behind the side window ( looked the easiest cause ford already has a seam there) one they stretched the glass windows and one in front of the side window, & glens handy work where they took the metal route. Bedsides look good just figured I'd plant a seed of thought in your build. Eyeball the seam I'm speaking of, a skill saw and 4 hrs you'd have a shell to match if you can find a cheap donor shell. Looking good man.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Agreed. Love the look of the mid body stretch. Plus if you use a donor piece from another bronco it's "easy" and the shell still bolts right up!Wrightracing.net wrote:I like it! I would like to stretch mine in a few years and link the Bronco at that time. I like the look of the f150 bedsides. I think stretching the Bronco between the doors and the shell with those bedsides would look killer!!!!
Looking forward to this!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Looking pretty damn good. What are you thinking of for the shell??
