McQueen Glass

fibermike
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by fibermike »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Mike - you have any pics of the truck in San Jose with the 35's?
At the moment no. But I will try to get some.
fibermike
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by fibermike »

There isnt a single part on the Herbst truck that is raptor. Its all hand built from our other molds. Everything we build is hand sculpted or morphed from previous trucks. Our trademark is the shark gills on the side, to be seen in all our pure race vehicles. We are doing a truck now that will really shock some people. We are also introducing a sweatshirt that is politicaly questionable. You heard it here first.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Travisfab »

I would say to make the smaller fronts end up about 86 ish. By the time a 4.5 over beam kit bumps out it's about that width. Then they will match the rears.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

I agree with Travis. Something in the 86 ish range, basically +4.5 from stock. That seems to be the standard of extended ttb beams.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

How much do we save with the AAA discount also? :lol:
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

Hey Mike, I think 87" track width is pretty much the standard for the front with the common + 4.5 breams, 12.5 tire and standard offset wheel set up. Does every one agree?


I'll measure up my rear McNeil 6" bedside for comparison and post up the numbers. Some one else could do that with the Fiberwerx 3" rears and we can get a better idea of where they all are size wise.

The Fiberwerx were about 1.5" to narrow per side on mine and the McNeils are about +1" per side to wide. My rear end is 72 WMS about +3" preside from stock.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

Haha sorry I missed a few post before I wrote all that.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Travisfab »

cs_drums wrote:Some one else could do that with the Fiberwerx 3" rears and we can get a better idea of where they all are size wise.

83.5"
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

I'm at 88 front track width, I just checked my thread. Keep in mind my wheels n tires though.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Travisfab »

Rmc wrote:I'm at 88 front track width, I just checked my thread. Keep in mind my wheels n tires though.

My beams are 4 over, and I am the same width. My wheels have a little bit more aggressive than most, so I could be anywhere from 88-90.


The 83.5 (bedside) width, is going to be more than enough for 95% of the guys out there. Swapping out a housing is a big project!
D1cker1
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by D1cker1 »

Will these work or not ? F/r
User avatar
funinthesun95
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by funinthesun95 »

If you guys are at 88 I don't see the fronts not fitting fine and looking good...( I feel it would fit similar to the retro bronco and the one piece clip it has on it... I get that it is not the same glass but same fit tire placement right inside the finder...etc)....now if you like the look of narrow glass and the tires tucking into the finder at full bump due to the beams.....you have a problem


Willie

I'm at 86.5 with my set up front and rear
User avatar
funinthesun95
Posts: 1701
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:06 pm
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by funinthesun95 »

Also Thanks Mike for keeping all of us in the loop


Willie
User avatar
Nick
Founder
Posts: 3973
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
Location: La Habra Ca.

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Nick »

Awesome work, Mike.

Question, is this some of your early work?
Image
fibermike
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by fibermike »

Thats kewl. A little humor in the morning is great. That needs to be forwarded to the herbst, they would get a kick out of it.

Id have to think that is early metal.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Yeah, looks early. Cab looks to be a 40ish Ford.
fibermike
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 am
Bronco Info: builder of high quality ford glass parts/bronco/ranger prerunner owner

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by fibermike »

now that we are done nobody is interested anymore, figures. Anyway we will be in LV at the mint. Have a good weekend.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by Rmc »

I will be calling you within the month mike, trying to take care of some other expenses first.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by cs_drums »

Still planning on it just waiting for funds
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: McQueen Glass

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Unfortunately that is EXACTLY the way it's gone for me the last 2 times I had molds made. Both times had guys swearing they'd buy a set & then when the molds were done - crickets.
Post Reply