I've got a friend that wants to do the same, so hopefully there are places to park a trailer.bajabuck wrote:Can I bring the Rhino? Brian's photos inspired me. Can a green sticker vehicle go on the trails you plan to run? Is there parking at the trail heads. Just speculating here, I may have to work and have a trip planned the following weekend.
June 13-15 Eastern Sierras trip
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
No problem with green sticker rigs and parking at both trail heads. Was going to do a loop that had some asphalt in the whites so we wouldn't backtrack at all, but Silver Canyon is cool going up and down, so no problem.
Up here you either work in tourism, for a public agency (Forest, BLM, Caltrans, etc), limited construction since the crash, or you're retired. Since LA owns 300,000 acres of land here for the water rights, they are the biggest and best employer here. I've been with Caltrans since 92 after moving up here in 76 as a ski bum in Mammoth. Moved away once, but had to come back...haha!
Up here you either work in tourism, for a public agency (Forest, BLM, Caltrans, etc), limited construction since the crash, or you're retired. Since LA owns 300,000 acres of land here for the water rights, they are the biggest and best employer here. I've been with Caltrans since 92 after moving up here in 76 as a ski bum in Mammoth. Moved away once, but had to come back...haha!
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
- Polarcub
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
- Location: Brighton, TN
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Wish I could make it...Beautiful country and I have not been up there in more than 20 years...great trout fishing too! Have fun guys!
Jeremy
- Tchajagos
- Posts: 2124
- Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs
- Location: Murrieta
Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Was just up there a few weeks ago fishing. So beautiful. These were up at south lake and on the way up there


















-
Mojo
- Posts: 444
- Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm
- Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs
- Location: Prescott, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Thanks for the awesome pictures, I'm so bummed i gotta work 
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Brian and I pulled the plug on this run until next year. Too much going on, not enough up front time to allow others to make it and so on. The interest is certainly there and we'll put something together next summer that will rock so stay tuned.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Bummer. Ok with me though as I was going to have to miss this year. I look forward to next though! October would be the 5 year anniversary since I started my crew cab project. I wonder if I could FINALLY have it running by then?????
Yeah - I know it won't happen
Yeah - I know it won't happen
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
- RyanDS650X
- Posts: 1868
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
- Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
- Location: Mesa, AZ
- Contact:
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Im glad its being rescheduled, i forgot about a wedding in phoenix i have to attend that weekend. Looks like a great place though.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Thank you you guys! Ive got to replace my rear end so i was goin to be out for this trip
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
- guard
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:51 pm
- Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Loma Linda, CA
- Contact:
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
I love this part of California and I'm definitely going to be paying attention for trip details come next year. So much going on right now, can only imagine next year will be better timing for me.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Sooooo, is this ever going to happen?
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Happened for me...a couple times.SteveG wrote:Sooooo, is this ever going to happen?
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
More than happy to show you guys some amazing high altitude country.
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Well la-tee-da!yikes wrote:Happened for me...a couple times.SteveG wrote:Sooooo, is this ever going to happen?
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
In.Broncodawg wrote:More than happy to show you guys some amazing high altitude country.
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
Let's get something rolling.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
2wd friendly?
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
If you've got big furry nuts and some HP!Nick wrote:2wd friendly?
-
drewbee88
- Posts: 502
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm
- Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.
- Location: Modesto, CA
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
This sounds like fun! I'm in as long as I have working 4wd. Also its much closer to me! 
-
OIFVET
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:45 am
- Bronco Info: 1984 Full Size Bronco
- Location: Grover Beach
Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7
If it's still going down count me in. Also, what are the trails rated that we will be on? Will I need lockers?
