Early Broncos
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Early Broncos
Hey Guys,
I know some of you on here have early broncos too. I am beginning to get more and more into mine and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good early bronco website. I am on Pirate but I am looking for more of a gofastbroncos feel but dedicated to the shoe box broncos.
Thanks!
I know some of you on here have early broncos too. I am beginning to get more and more into mine and am wondering if anyone can recommend a good early bronco website. I am on Pirate but I am looking for more of a gofastbroncos feel but dedicated to the shoe box broncos.
Thanks!
- Phoenix0783
- Posts: 658
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm
- Bronco Info: No more Bronco :(
- Location: Bend, OR
- Contact:
Re: Early Broncos
There's classicbroncos.com. Also checkout bcbroncos.com and broncobob.com. the last two have good suspension and bumpers and whatnot. Bob actually makes the radius arms for and Tom's Bronco parts and I think Wild Horses.
My car is a hybrid; it burns gas and rubber.
-
CBDuner
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:45 pm
- Bronco Info: Wishing I had one!
- Location: Coos Bay, OR
- Contact:
Re: Early Broncos
My dad has a full Cage suspension setup up front and rear with their dual shock mounts and progressive springs. Does pretty good at speed through the dunes. Just handles great on and offroad. I think West Coast Broncos cater more to GoFast, Baja type Early Broncos as far as suspension parts.
Forum is pretty much classicbroncos.com
Forum is pretty much classicbroncos.com
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: Early Broncos
what year EB? Have a 77 trail rig, slowly converting to faster suspension for some prerunning in baja.
X2 on classicbroncos.com
X2 on classicbroncos.com
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
Re: Early Broncos
x3 on classicbroncos.com
what do you guys think about an ep go fast section on here? they are broncos and more and more are going fast! i know we have some really knowledgeable eb guys on here with greg, todd z, paul wilson, just to name a few. thoughts?
what do you guys think about an ep go fast section on here? they are broncos and more and more are going fast! i know we have some really knowledgeable eb guys on here with greg, todd z, paul wilson, just to name a few. thoughts?
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Early Broncos
My vote is yes. I love early Broncos.PBR wrote:x3 on classicbroncos.com
what do you guys think about an ep go fast section on here? they are broncos and more and more are going fast! i know we have some really knowledgeable eb guys on here with greg, todd z, paul wilson, just to name a few. thoughts?
Chris
-
CBDuner
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:45 pm
- Bronco Info: Wishing I had one!
- Location: Coos Bay, OR
- Contact:
Re: Early Broncos
I'd love to see an EB section!
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Early Broncos
The only reason GFB is mostly comprised of TTB trucks is because they're readily available and they're cheap. If Early Broncos were more plentiful, they would be giving the TTB threads a run for their money! Early Broncos started it all and we would love for GFB to become the go-to site for EB go-fast tech. GFB will never replace some of the larger Bronco sites for general tech and info, but that's not what we're about. There are plenty of sites that can tell you how to change your window regulator. GFB wants to tell you how to eat whoops! And, yeah, we'll help you with the regulator, too.
Campaign speech over!
Ollie, What are you thinking? An EB tech section? Rides?
Campaign speech over!
Ollie, What are you thinking? An EB tech section? Rides?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
- johncharlesb
- Posts: 510
- Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm
- Bronco Info: 1962 f100, 1995 Bronco
Re: Early Broncos
This sounds like a fine idea. Since we are here, what about "Disco Broncos"? Although short lived, they are excellent platforms that directly led to the TTB trucks. There seems be a few jive booty keep on truckin' Bay City Rollers around here, maybe we give them a section too?
- ESHALLBETTER
- Posts: 1588
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
- Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Re: Early Broncos
I would have more project pictures!
Re: Early Broncos
My '72
Not a go fast rig thus no posts, because I am a long WB guy.
My EB is designed as a trail rock rig, and its still a garage queen. Nice suspension by Glen with Lots of travel. 5.0HO/AOD/D20. Built F/R 4.88 axles/ARBs/Fox CO (F/R)/35" BFG Krawlers, etc.
I will make some pics when we get back from easter Moab.
PaulW
Not a go fast rig thus no posts, because I am a long WB guy.
My EB is designed as a trail rock rig, and its still a garage queen. Nice suspension by Glen with Lots of travel. 5.0HO/AOD/D20. Built F/R 4.88 axles/ARBs/Fox CO (F/R)/35" BFG Krawlers, etc.
I will make some pics when we get back from easter Moab.
PaulW
-
Grillmaster
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 am
- Bronco Info: '68 Bronco - 3.5" SL, 351C 4V, 4 speed toploader
Re: Early Broncos
x4 classicbroncos.com
SoCal Broncos Yahoo Group http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/soc ... =141245527
I would like to see a forum here on going fast, desert racing etc.
So Cal Broncos got 150 EBs up at the Big Bear Bronco Bash last June. Here is a pic from Tierra Del Sol earlier this month.
Lots of them out there and they can be cheep. I paid 5k for mine and have about 3 more in it.
1968 351C - 4V, 4 Speed Top Loader, 3.5" SL, Bilstein 7100 shocks, F250 Shock Mounts, 4.11 ford 9"/Dana44, 35"KM2s, and a custom tire/fuel/jack rack I just made for the back.
Bought the wheels off of Convoy. Thanks again!
SoCal Broncos Yahoo Group http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/soc ... =141245527
I would like to see a forum here on going fast, desert racing etc.
So Cal Broncos got 150 EBs up at the Big Bear Bronco Bash last June. Here is a pic from Tierra Del Sol earlier this month.
Lots of them out there and they can be cheep. I paid 5k for mine and have about 3 more in it.
1968 351C - 4V, 4 Speed Top Loader, 3.5" SL, Bilstein 7100 shocks, F250 Shock Mounts, 4.11 ford 9"/Dana44, 35"KM2s, and a custom tire/fuel/jack rack I just made for the back.
Bought the wheels off of Convoy. Thanks again!
- Attachments
-
- new wheels.jpg (173.35 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
-
- TDS5.jpg (252.47 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
-
BajaBronco13
- Bronco Broker
- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
- Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
- Location: Orange County, California
Re: Early Broncos
Grillmaster,
Did you put in those fuel doors as they were only available from the factory in 1977 from what I understand? By the way that Bronco is a beauty. Thanks for posting the pic.
Chris
Did you put in those fuel doors as they were only available from the factory in 1977 from what I understand? By the way that Bronco is a beauty. Thanks for posting the pic.
Chris
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Early Broncos
I'm all for an EB section. I wouldn't mind having one, but it's a bit down the line on the want or project list unless one I can't pas up falls in my lap.
There is a fully cage, slightly stretched, 4 seater version around here with a 4-link, etc. that I would LOVE to own!
There is a fully cage, slightly stretched, 4 seater version around here with a 4-link, etc. that I would LOVE to own!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
-
Grillmaster
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 am
- Bronco Info: '68 Bronco - 3.5" SL, 351C 4V, 4 speed toploader
Re: Early Broncos
Thanks!
The fuel doors and fenders were done by the previous owner. They are like the 77 doors but one opens backwards. I am about to finish my lift off door hinges tonight.
Next on the list is:
Full cage, Discs in front, rear detroit and front ARB lockers, rocker protection and hydroboost brakes.
The fuel doors and fenders were done by the previous owner. They are like the 77 doors but one opens backwards. I am about to finish my lift off door hinges tonight.
Next on the list is:
Full cage, Discs in front, rear detroit and front ARB lockers, rocker protection and hydroboost brakes.
Re: Early Broncos
what about a sub-section inside ride dedicated to eb's? no need to have more than one place to go for eb info, just keep it all there.SteveG wrote:The only reason GFB is mostly comprised of TTB trucks is because they're readily available and they're cheap. If Early Broncos were more plentiful, they would be giving the TTB threads a run for their money! Early Broncos started it all and we would love for GFB to become the go-to site for EB go-fast tech. GFB will never replace some of the larger Bronco sites for general tech and info, but that's not what we're about. There are plenty of sites that can tell you how to change your window regulator. GFB wants to tell you how to eat whoops! And, yeah, we'll help you with the regulator, too.
Campaign speech over!
Ollie, What are you thinking? An EB tech section? Rides?
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: Early Broncos
I agree.PBR wrote:what about a sub-section inside ride dedicated to eb's? no need to have more than one place to go for eb info, just keep it all there.SteveG wrote:The only reason GFB is mostly comprised of TTB trucks is because they're readily available and they're cheap. If Early Broncos were more plentiful, they would be giving the TTB threads a run for their money! Early Broncos started it all and we would love for GFB to become the go-to site for EB go-fast tech. GFB will never replace some of the larger Bronco sites for general tech and info, but that's not what we're about. There are plenty of sites that can tell you how to change your window regulator. GFB wants to tell you how to eat whoops! And, yeah, we'll help you with the regulator, too.
Campaign speech over!
Ollie, What are you thinking? An EB tech section? Rides?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- SteveG
- Admin
- Posts: 6177
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
- Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
- Location: Arroyo Grande, CA
Re: Early Broncos
That's what I was thinking. I didn't want to create a section that disassociated EB's and and their owners from the rest of GFB.PBR wrote:what about a sub-section inside ride dedicated to eb's? no need to have more than one place to go for eb info, just keep it all there.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Re: Early Broncos
Thanks Steve!SteveG wrote:Done. It's built. Will they come?
Todd Z.
