Jacks...

What Jack Do You Carry

Harbor Freight or equivalent Aluminum Floor Jack
16
44%
48" High Lift/Farm Jack
3
8%
60" High Lift/Farm Jack
7
19%
Bottle Jack
5
14%
Exhaust Jack(ARB)
0
No votes
Stock
0
No votes
Other - if Other list in responses please
5
14%
 
Total votes: 36
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by Rmc »

Found it.

Looks like Home Depot has them cheaper also

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-3-Ton-SU ... /100595886
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.95 KiB) Viewed 806 times
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by robertcrav »

Hrmmm.... searching for that, I found this 3ton Torin Jack...Lift range of 6 inch to 21 inch...$62 on Amazon...but it's not cool and Aluminum :-)

http://www.amazon.com/Torin-T83006-Ton- ... pg__header

Image
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by robertcrav »

lol... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by Rmc »

59.99 at Home Depot, looks like you can get a whole jack for the cost of that insert. Of course the insert looks way cooler.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by Rmc »

I just got an idea.... Smell the smoke lol
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by robertcrav »

Rmc wrote:59.99 at Home Depot, looks like you can get a whole jack for the cost of that insert. Of course the insert looks way cooler.
... true, but I already got an aluminum jack with skid....
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by Rmc »

I was just thinking of tubing inserts, 1 3/4 pipe. The inserts will couple what u have vs what u need. I've been thinking of buying another jack but a couple weld in inserts to couple the existing jack pad with a riser of your choice in length. One side male one female.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: Jacks...

Post by cs_drums »

I have a NAPA jack in my shop that I made a extension for. pull the pad off dropp the extension in then put the pad on the extention. I have mag light clips zip tied to the handle that holds the extension when not in use. Made it in about 5 min. one day and has been working great for years.

For in the trucks my buddy and I have modified trailer levelling jacks. they go from very flat to very tall, are light and have a small foot print in the truck. We are working on either selling complete jacks or offering a kit you instal on the stock jack. Ill post pics later.
User avatar
gunit
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Jacks...

Post by gunit »

I carry both a aluminum floor jack with a skid and a hi lift
User avatar
PaulW
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 am
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: Jacks...

Post by PaulW »

I carry a high lift and in the last 10 years I have used it once when I could not move the rig to a solid place. All the rest of my tire changes and lifting the thing off the boulders I high centered on were accomplished by a bottle jack. All 4 of my off road rigs are now set up the same way. Very hard to find a jack that is better than a bottle jack.
Several times I had to jack and stack rocks many times to get the thing high enough, but success was always possible.
I also have a HiLift soft sand base and a couple of 4x4 blocks I use with the bottle jack. Much better than finding a big flat rock. Ha
PW
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by philofab »

I call Rick when I need a jack.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Jacks...

Post by tcm glx »

philofab wrote:I call Rick when I need a jack.
LMAO!!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Posts: 2434
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Jacks...

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Here is my set up, harbor freight jack with a C4 skid and a Jake's Fabworks extension. No more wood blocks for this guy.
Jack.JPG
Jack.JPG (118.75 KiB) Viewed 705 times
Chris
Post Reply