Random updates... what are you working on?

User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by tcm glx »

LED third brake light too......hahaha

Image

This is how bright the third light is....
Image
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:I machine really really small parts. Some are so small I can hold 10000 in the palm of my hand.
When you first told be you were a micro machinist I thought of these: Image
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by crisis88 »

Knee deep in crap today. Replacing the uni-balls on the front end of the f-150.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382900039.461249.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382900039.461249.jpg (78.45 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382900118.946124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382900118.946124.jpg (76.87 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I am getting a couple pit radio's and race radio's ready for teams racing the Baja Mil (1000). Mounting the 110 watt Kenwood radio's in a travel Flight case. I came up with the idea when a team I was doing a pit for handed me a pit radio in a cardboard box and it was screwed to a piece of plywood. The radio looked like someone took a bat to it. We got to our pit and the radio didn't work, big surprise. Luckily I pulled the radio out of my truck.

I also have a couple radio's to modify to run intercoms in race trucks. Less than a month to race day. Be safe pre running guy.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1382902573731.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1382902573731.jpg (106.98 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
uploadfromtaptalk1382902510589.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1382902510589.jpg (44.99 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by robertcrav »

Sanding, sanding and some more sanding to refinish a platform bed/desk for Jacob...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382912146.028818.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382912146.028818.jpg (36.46 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by Rmc »

So there I was... Set out to make a set of yikes patented solid body mounts and remembered I didn't have a drill in 5/8 with a 3/8 shank. A week or so ago I went on the hunt for a morse taper number 2 shank arbor to put a half inch chuck on the lathe. I was looking through my pile of shop junk and realized I had a number 2 arbor on an old second hand busted chuck. Then began the mission to salvage the arbor remove the chuck and reinstall the arbor into another chuck I had. So I ended up having to do it the hard way.. The very hard way. I drilled out the center screw in one to build the other with the remaining pieces. Here's the highlite reel.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (175.89 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (250.25 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by Rmc »

Done. Now on to the body mount detail.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (185.76 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
User avatar
BDKW1
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!
Location: Not Socal

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by BDKW1 »

MMmmmm, vintage Brown and Sharps.

I fricken hate running brake lines.

Image

Fighting a 5' long piece of tube through the cage while trying not to bend it where it needs to be strait sucks major donkey balls.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by Rmc »

Looks good though. :)
beniflas
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:18 am
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco 5.8
Location: Imperial Valley

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by beniflas »

Here's something that's somewhat fab related...my sons Tee from his T-ball set needed a little bit of fabwork. The plastic washer that holds the tee from underneath broke so I replaced it with a light tab.

Image
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by Rmc »

That's awesome! Expensive washer though lol
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by tcm glx »

tcm glx wrote:I am working on loosing weight (does that count??) Been running an average of 20 miles per week (avg 5 times per week) and now starting to put in some time at the gym mixing it up with some weights and the elliptical........

Trying to get fit enough to keep up with my daughters... haha
Thought I would bring this back up..... 6 weeks later and I'm still at it. Started back in July, and have now gone 3 plus months of consistently making it happen. Down a tad over 20 lbs since July and now feeling addicted to this crap. Hahaha.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by SteveG »

tcm glx wrote:
tcm glx wrote:I am working on loosing weight (does that count??) Been running an average of 20 miles per week (avg 5 times per week) and now starting to put in some time at the gym mixing it up with some weights and the elliptical........

Trying to get fit enough to keep up with my daughters... haha
Thought I would bring this back up..... 6 weeks later and I'm still at it. Started back in July, and have now gone 3 plus months of consistently making it happen. Down a tad over 20 lbs since July and now feeling addicted to this crap. Hahaha.
Good man! Keep up the good work! I haven't really kept track of anything but I feel good, have shed some extra fat and am pretty much completely over processed carbs. No breads, no pasta, no sugar, no crap! Meals these days consist of lots of veggies, meats and fruits. Lunches are generally big salads... turkey, bell peppers, romain and spinach.. any veggie I can get my hands on. It's interesting, I used to crave a big plate of fries and other fried foods... these days I crave veggies. And that "Ugghhh! I ate too much" feeling, a thing of the past!

Keep it up, brother!
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by SteveG »

Meals like this is what I've been working on... sans the BBQ sauce. That went in the trash!

Image
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by tcm glx »

Good stuff Steve.....I'm with ya man!! just gotta stay consistent.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by philofab »

Rmc wrote:That's awesome! Expensive washer though lol

.49 cents?
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by philofab »

Rmc wrote:That's awesome! Expensive washer though lol
http://www.aa-mfg.com/tabs/body-and-trick-tabs

Don't overpay yo!
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

SteveG wrote:Good man! Keep up the good work! I haven't really kept track of anything but I feel good, have shed some extra fat and am pretty much completely over processed carbs. No breads, no pasta, no sugar, no crap! Meals these days consist of lots of veggies, meats and fruits. Lunches are generally big salads... turkey, bell peppers, romain and spinach.. any veggie I can get my hands on. It's interesting, I used to crave a big plate of fries and other fried foods... these days I crave veggies. And that "Ugghhh! I ate too much" feeling, a thing of the past!

Keep it up, brother!
Good for you! Funny, I was just about getting to this point with healthy food and I lost it and got out of my good habits.
Been almost 5 months but my fat butt finally made a little time to get back into the gym (mat really) last week. Dang it felt good, and the sore abs the next day proved I needed it. Since we moved I'm not a 1/2 hour away from the place which makes it a bit harder to get motivated to get there. Plus I've got too much on my plate here already.
Going back tonight though & can't wait.

Now if I can just make the time in my day to get back into jumping rope a bit. 3 minutes a day does wonders!

We pick up our puppy this weekend though so I should be getting plenty of walking in soon.

Until then it's back to rushing to get this done (you can see the cool paint that was there before that I lost the battle to keep!) so I can get to painting the exterior of the house, building my shed & then re-planting our entry & back yard... Damn my list is getting longer not shorter!
Attachments
x 010.jpg
x 010.jpg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 976 times
x 009.jpg
x 009.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 976 times
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

philofab wrote:
Rmc wrote:That's awesome! Expensive washer though lol
http://www.aa-mfg.com/tabs/body-and-trick-tabs

Don't overpay yo!
LOVE this place! It's where Kartek & all the others that rape you at $4 per tabs get their stuff so that they can rape you on it!

Plus they just re-did their website so there's more dimensions on each tab & better pics etc.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by Rmc »

philofab wrote:
Rmc wrote:That's awesome! Expensive washer though lol
http://www.aa-mfg.com/tabs/body-and-trick-tabs

Don't overpay yo!
Wow! Thx philo
Post Reply