HDRA 500, Reno
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Sorry to hear about your Bronco, Greg. That just hurts. I'm glad that Bob has a parts truck for you. EB folks are awesome and he's a great guy!
Todd Z.
Todd Z.
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- Nick
- Founder
- Posts: 3973
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:36 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target
- Location: La Habra Ca.
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
So you got hush money!?flyinbronco wrote:Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Nick wrote:So you got hush money!?flyinbronco wrote:Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
Sounds like Scientology got a hold of you too!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Nick wrote:So you got hush money!?flyinbronco wrote:Well guys I have to say I'm sorry for hypeing the drama and telling you to stock up on pop corn but Roger Norman called me today and we have an agreement and I am quite satisfied. HDRA came through, thanked us for all we did at that hill and have made things right by me. A big thank you to Roger, Robert and Steven at HDRA for stepping up and making things right. They are a class act for sure and I hope I can help them again in the future but with a little less intensity next time that was crazy.
Hahahahahaha. That was funny as hell Nick
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease or maybe this time it was the shreaded tires that got greased.
Hush money?.......please forgive Nick he's been watching to many gangster movies.
Hush money?.......please forgive Nick he's been watching to many gangster movies.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Money... nope.
Roger is having Rick drive his TT next year.
Roger is having Rick drive his TT next year.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
That'll work. He could use a heavier foot at times. Rick's good for that!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
i saw rick right before the drivers meeting, always good to see an og gfb member!
really sorry to hear about your eb greg, but you were a legend in the pits! everyone was talking about the bad ass eb pulling everyone out of harms way! thatta boy!
race was a cluster fuck! ivan stewart and rod hall started apologizing for the problems that would happen even before they happened. the course was brutal! i rode in a wide open car and i got the shit beat out of me! the winner averaged 37mph and 41 out of 68 vehicles dnf'd! it wasn't desert racing, it was closer to koh stuff.
with that being said i think that this race has the potential to be awesome in years to come.
private land + big bucks = success!!!!!!!! this could be the future of offroad racing.
really sorry to hear about your eb greg, but you were a legend in the pits! everyone was talking about the bad ass eb pulling everyone out of harms way! thatta boy!
race was a cluster fuck! ivan stewart and rod hall started apologizing for the problems that would happen even before they happened. the course was brutal! i rode in a wide open car and i got the shit beat out of me! the winner averaged 37mph and 41 out of 68 vehicles dnf'd! it wasn't desert racing, it was closer to koh stuff.
with that being said i think that this race has the potential to be awesome in years to come.
private land + big bucks = success!!!!!!!! this could be the future of offroad racing.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
More people from Arizona would have fixed that. We're just built tougher. People say the Laughlin course is rough... truth is it's considered a normal dirt road out here.PBR wrote:race was a cluster fuck! ivan stewart and rod hall started apologizing for the problems that would happen even before they happened. the course was brutal! i rode in a wide open car and i got the shit beat out of me! the winner averaged 37mph and 41 out of 68 vehicles dnf'd! it wasn't desert racing, it was closer to koh stuff.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
PBR wrote:i saw rick right before the drivers meeting, always good to see an og gfb member!
always good to see ya Ollie.
really sorry to hear about your eb greg, but you were a legend in the pits! everyone was talking about the bad ass eb pulling everyone out of harms way! thatta boy!
I still can't believe how easy Greg made it look. Hardly any wheel spin just an easy tug to the top. The super duty was anthor story. I never thought I'd beat on her like that.
race was a cluster fuck! ivan stewart and rod hall started apologizing for the problems that would happen even before they happened. the course was brutal! i rode in a wide open car and i got the shit beat out of me! the winner averaged 37mph and 41 out of 68 vehicles dnf'd! it wasn't desert racing, it was closer to koh stuff.
with that being said i think that this race has the potential to be awesome in years to come.
private land + big bucks = success!!!!!!!! this could be the future of offroad racing.
I wish I could have talked Don into running it. It was our big shot at an overall win. That would have been so cool.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
No wonder you haven't posted up on RDC with your thoughts Rick.....haha! Any mention of what happened to me from Roger and Robert when you spoke to them?
Bronco was kicking butt pulling rigs up, but I had aired down to 12 lbs which helped a ton. Even pulled Rick and a racer up once. Hell of a way to break into race retrieval tho!
Yep, a 4x4 could have taken the overall given the slow speeds, next year Don?
Bronco was kicking butt pulling rigs up, but I had aired down to 12 lbs which helped a ton. Even pulled Rick and a racer up once. Hell of a way to break into race retrieval tho!
Yep, a 4x4 could have taken the overall given the slow speeds, next year Don?
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
-
Broncodawg
- Posts: 711
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:14 pm
- Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find
- Location: Bishop, CA
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
really sorry to hear about your eb greg, but you were a legend in the pits! everyone was talking about the bad ass eb pulling everyone out of harms way! thatta boy!
Thanks Ollie, nice to hear and she'll be back to yank out more racers hopefully sooner than later.
Thanks Ollie, nice to hear and she'll be back to yank out more racers hopefully sooner than later.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
My spys have come through.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Nice detective work Philo that's awesome. Where were you when I was going through my divorce?
That was right after we lost the Bronco. Some how all three of my shackles ended up in it at the bottom of the ravine and the car didn't have much tube sticking out to hook the strap to without it.
Almost forgot how steep that stupid hill was.
Yep Don, you missed your chance for an overall in the Bronco for sure. If nothing else you could have made back your entry fee by making some cash deals with the waiting racers. You know supply and demand and all that.
That was right after we lost the Bronco. Some how all three of my shackles ended up in it at the bottom of the ravine and the car didn't have much tube sticking out to hook the strap to without it.
Almost forgot how steep that stupid hill was.
Yep Don, you missed your chance for an overall in the Bronco for sure. If nothing else you could have made back your entry fee by making some cash deals with the waiting racers. You know supply and demand and all that.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
- tcm glx
- Peanut Butter
- Posts: 7309
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
- Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
- Location: Riverside Ca
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
Are we going to see pics of the Bronco?
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
I'm happy I didn't go to that race... I'm sure that would have been my area.
HDRA probably thought all Bronco guys were as talented as me... hence why they didn't help you much.
HDRA probably thought all Bronco guys were as talented as me... hence why they didn't help you much.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
- flyinbronco
- HuckMASTER
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 am
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
philofab wrote:I'm happy I didn't go to that race... I'm sure that would have been my area.
HDRA probably thought all Bronco guys were as talented as me... hence why they didn't help you much.
They told us you couldn't make it Philo so they brought out the useless dozer you see on the left at the end of the video. It would have made a good winch anchor though.
Seriously, we tried hard to hustle and get everyone up but it was a losing battle. I wish I would have had my Bronco there it would have been a different story for sure but its still in prep for the August trip.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
- philofab
- Basura Blanca
- Posts: 5643
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
- Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
- Location: Bullhead, AZ
- Contact:
Re: HDRA 500, Reno
I was just messing with you.
That was a rough job you guys got handed. I am sending in a revision for the retrieval handbook due to what you guys went though and the events that transpired.
"Ignore everyone that is stuck and assist the DA if they have issues with the Cougar."
That was a rough job you guys got handed. I am sending in a revision for the retrieval handbook due to what you guys went though and the events that transpired.
"Ignore everyone that is stuck and assist the DA if they have issues with the Cougar."
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
