95 Bronco Build!

User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Congrats!
User avatar
Kel Fab Creations
Posts: 727
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco
Location: San Jacinto, Ca
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

Congrats Travis!
nubreed71
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by nubreed71 »

Congrats Travis...I actually bought my truck about a month or two after my daughter was born...it's great to have a rig to work on at home so you can sneak out to the garage and get in a little wrench time while you're sticking close to home with the wife and little one.

I went through your thread and couldn't find this, maybe you can tell me what the width is on your new 17" wheels?
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

nubreed71 wrote:Congrats Travis...I actually bought my truck about a month or two after my daughter was born...it's great to have a rig to work on at home so you can sneak out to the garage and get in a little wrench time while you're sticking close to home with the wife and little one.

I went through your thread and couldn't find this, maybe you can tell me what the width is on your new 17" wheels?

Yeah for sure. I just cant wait to get him turning wrenches. I haven't touched my truck in over 3 weeks, but my time has been well spent. Got a few (big) things in the works though!

My wheels are 17x8
nubreed71
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by nubreed71 »

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels. Was looking at a similar set that had champion beadlocks added, but they are 17x9...not sure if I'm down with the extra width.

My little one is now 1.5 years old, and already doing so much...I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she'll be handing me tools...
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Latest update

Image
nubreed71
Posts: 1531
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm
Bronco Info: 1997 F-250 Crewcab Shortbed

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by nubreed71 »

Yes! I remember putting my daughter in the seats while I turned wrenches on stuff in the cab. Shhhhh, don't tell mom...
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by RyanDS650X »

That needs to be framed.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by cs_drums »

It funny the bronco has been part of my sons life since he was born. It almost like a pet. He gets upset when its broken. Ask about it when we are out of town. I think he loves it as much as me.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by yikes »

Love that picture. Absolutely needs to be framed.
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Rmc »

yikes wrote:Love that picture. Absolutely needs to be framed.
X2
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Thankfully my cousin took the pic and I have a huge version of it!
Mojo
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs
Location: Prescott, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Mojo »

I love that pic!!! Kids love Bronco's :)
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

You only do that with new seats! Congrats. Can't wait for mine to pop in August.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

So here's a little teaser of things to come.

Image
big-d
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm
Bronco Info: 1987 F150, 351W/418 Stroker, E4OD, F250 1356 W/fixed yokes, Sterling 10.25, D50 TTB 4" over

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by big-d »

f150 bedsides, I like the look!
User avatar
Wrightracing.net
Posts: 2235
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I like it! I would like to stretch mine in a few years and link the Bronco at that time. I like the look of the f150 bedsides. I think stretching the Bronco between the doors and the shell with those bedsides would look killer!!!!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Rmc »

Travis do you know how to lay glass? I've seen 3 versions of stretches done in the shell vs all the metal work. I saw one they stretched at the rear shell seam just behind the side window ( looked the easiest cause ford already has a seam there) one they stretched the glass windows and one in front of the side window, & glens handy work where they took the metal route. Bedsides look good just figured I'd plant a seed of thought in your build. Eyeball the seam I'm speaking of, a skill saw and 4 hrs you'd have a shell to match if you can find a cheap donor shell. Looking good man.
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Wrightracing.net wrote:I like it! I would like to stretch mine in a few years and link the Bronco at that time. I like the look of the f150 bedsides. I think stretching the Bronco between the doors and the shell with those bedsides would look killer!!!!
Agreed. Love the look of the mid body stretch. Plus if you use a donor piece from another bronco it's "easy" and the shell still bolts right up!

Looking forward to this!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by tcm glx »

Looking pretty damn good. What are you thinking of for the shell??
Post Reply