95 Bronco Build!

Mojo
Posts: 444
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:55 pm
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs
Location: Prescott, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Mojo »

Your Bonco is lookin really good Travis. Awesome you're noticing a big improvement in handling with the changes :)
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by cs_drums »

Travisfab wrote:Also picked up a housing that should put me at about 86".
Image
Time for new rear glass... you starting on the 5" rears you told me about a few months ago?
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Definitely going to need some larger bedsides now. It's further out than I had hoped, probably not until next year unless we could get some guys to commit and give us a down payment.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by cs_drums »

I was in a pinch to get mine so I got the McNeils. They are ok, didnt like them at first but they have grown on me now I love them.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

cs_drums wrote:I was in a pinch to get mine so I got the McNeils. They are ok, didnt like them at first but they have grown on me now I love them.

When I do them, I am going to do something to match my fronts. I dont like Bronco bedsides that go above the rear window line, and I don't like on mine how sharply they dive down off the top corner. They will have a nice flat top.
cs_drums
Posts: 2912
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by cs_drums »

Sounds good. Maybe Ill switch mine out if I like them.
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Just picked up these bins. Planning on building some sort of a slide out rack, with an upper shelf.

Image
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by crisis88 »

Where did you find those bins at? I can't find them anywhere near me.
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by RyanDS650X »

Staples has the best price that ive found.
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by crisis88 »

Staples!! Awesome. Home Depot and lowes by me no longer carry them.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Walmart carries a different brand that have hinged tops. I paid 18.95 for this one.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1379264449683.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1379264449683.jpg (41.53 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
User avatar
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Posts: 4313
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies
Location: South O.C.
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by robertcrav »

Also check Amazon.com. They ha good prices when I was looking

I wound up getting the 27gal tough crates for $9 ea at Costco...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379274756.016334.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379274756.016334.jpg (30.2 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
User avatar
ESHALLBETTER
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:49 am
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Image
User avatar
Travisfab
Posts: 1274
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:09 pm
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Travisfab »

Got them at Office Depot. The Home Depot bins just weren't going to fly for me, we've hammered so many of those things as pit boxes. I really wanted something that would latch and lock, and last!

Those swag things are nice, but $$
User avatar
Bobby Velazquez
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:46 am
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco XLT 302
Location: Mexicali, Baja, Mexico
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by Bobby Velazquez »

Wal-Mart used to sell these a couple of years back.... I bought a couple of them but now I couldn't find them anywhere....
User avatar
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Posts: 9194
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

REI has them as well. Not sure on price though.
User avatar
yikes
Founder
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
Location: Yucaipa, CA

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by yikes »

Sport Chalet as well.
D1cker1
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior
Location: ORANGE CUNTY, COMIFORNIA وس إنجليزي - عربي

Housing

Post by D1cker1 »

86" on the housing..

Ideally what width do you want to be for 4.5 Wider beams in the front?
is that 86" without components?(Brakes,Calipers,Studs, Wheels etc)
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by philofab »

Having a narrower rear track with allows turning easier with a spool and also makes the truck a little more stable is some situations (not ruts). I am doing 4 over in the front and 3 over on each side in the rear.

86 is about 3" wider per side outside to outside. Stock axles are 65" and out side to outside is 80" with standard offset 7-8" wheels.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: 95 Bronco Build!

Post by philofab »

Travis! Make me some bedsides that move the rear axle 5" back and can handle a 86" outside to outside measurement, probably a 5" flare.

I want more wheelbase and rear driveline!
Post Reply