HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you very much Mark.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Im new to Wildomar area, does anyone know where I can pick up some tubing on saturday?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by Andy Jones »

Rancho Metals in temecula
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you Andy I appreciate it!
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to go get the tubing to build my front coil support and my rear shock mount. I was thinking of using 1.5" .120 wall tubing and sleeving it with 1.25 .120 wall tubing for the added strength on the rear mount. Any suggestions?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by philofab »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to go get the tubing to build my front coil support and my rear shock mount. I was thinking of using 1.5" .120 wall tubing and sleeving it with 1.25 .120 wall tubing for the added strength on the rear mount. Any suggestions?
That's what I did on my rear mount for tubing... it has yet to break. I attribute it's lifespan to the fact that I baby my truck.

You will need some plate and tabs too.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you Philo. I have 1/4" plate and shock tabs.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

So last night I went to Kartek and picked up a radiator overflow can, shock tabs, light tabs, and bushings. So I figured out that I couldn't use the bushings and after a miserable attempt to shorten them I ruined them. I ended up picking up some 1.5" tubing and I made mounts. I used 1.5" then welded washers (1/4" thick) to the ends and then I used a sleeve in the middle so I think for the crossover tube I'm good. Next is to notch my 1.75" tube and mount it to the front connection points.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Well on top of all the new goodies, I managed to mount the hoop over the engine. Sorry no pics yet.
Attachments
New radiator reservoir and some other small dodads
New radiator reservoir and some other small dodads
reservoir.jpg (261.23 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
The fenders that Philo so kindly sold me. Cant wait to mount em up!
The fenders that Philo so kindly sold me. Cant wait to mount em up!
fenders.jpg (219.72 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I looked under the truck to find the power steering gear box leaking. I was wondering if anyone has ever done the reseal kit. Is it hard?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Ok, this weekend we used the bronco to tow to ocotillo wells and back through the mountains toward julian. Ran amazing, good power and we romped around a bit too!
Attachments
bronco loaded.jpg
bronco loaded.jpg (215.05 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Well I've been thinking and buying. I got the rear shock mount from solo and in the process having Mark from Southwest take care of the c/o mounts. First let me say thank you so much Mark for the info and the conversations in helping with spring rate and other things being squared away. Second, the fenders are pissing me off. How do you get them off???
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by philofab »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Well I've been thinking and buying. I got the rear shock mount from solo and in the process having Mark from Southwest take care of the c/o mounts. First let me say thank you so much Mark for the info and the conversations in helping with spring rate and other things being squared away. Second, the fenders are pissing me off. How do you get them off???
Front fenders can't come off until the header panel is removed, the hood springs are disconnected, and the inner fender well is unhooked. There are a few bolts on the top rear of the fender near the hinge/springs, one at the rear bottom, and several on the front behind the header panel, and two at the top.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
shockseals.com
Posts: 1116
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
Location: San Dimas
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by shockseals.com »

What does the rear mount look like?
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I dont have a pic but I'll get one for you tonight. Pretty simple, has two plates welded together on either side with the mounting holes for the original shock mounts. You have to drill the holes to 1/2". The tube slips in and you weld the tube to the plates.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Andy Jones
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Bronco Info: In the Works!
Location: Canyon Lake,ca
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by Andy Jones »

^^ lets see it!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by tcm glx »

philofab wrote:
hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Well I've been thinking and buying. I got the rear shock mount from solo and in the process having Mark from Southwest take care of the c/o mounts. First let me say thank you so much Mark for the info and the conversations in helping with spring rate and other things being squared away. Second, the fenders are pissing me off. How do you get them off???
Front fenders can't come off until the header panel is removed, the hood springs are disconnected, and the inner fender well is unhooked. There are a few bolts on the top rear of the fender near the hinge/springs, one at the rear bottom, and several on the front behind the header panel, and two at the top.

Dont forget the one 10mm you have to get behinid the door.... that one is a pain
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

By popular demand, the shock tower. (Some assembly req'd)
Attachments
mms_picture(4).jpg
mms_picture(4).jpg (227.56 KiB) Viewed 930 times
mms_picture(3).jpg
mms_picture(3).jpg (190.28 KiB) Viewed 930 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Thank you all for the input. Theyre not shimmed or aligned quite yet but its a start!
Attachments
fenders.jpg
fenders.jpg (248.84 KiB) Viewed 902 times
thank you guys for all your input.  theyre coming along!
thank you guys for all your input. theyre coming along!
fenders.jpg (248.84 KiB) Viewed 902 times
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: HTO'S BRONCO BUILD

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Ok, so after getting the fenders on, and having to take the inner wells out, where are you guys mounting your smog and vacuum cannisters and other odds and ends?
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Post Reply