Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
- keenanduran1
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150
- Location: Dana Point, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Swooped up 4 beard seats last night. No rips or tears in them. I got all 4 of them for $160. Great fucking deal
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
That is a good deal. I can kind of see why they were priced so low though... haha
- keenanduran1
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150
- Location: Dana Point, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
haha thats what i was thinking but whatever, Im not complaining and neither is my wallet haha
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
yup. Run um til the covers wear or you happen to have an excess of cash for some reason & then change if you want. Seat is still a good seat (ultras are damn comfy!), just a funky/disco cover on them
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Score! Keep the covers and go full party bronco!
- ChiroMatt
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm
- Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer 5.8l Clean Stock for now
- Location: Calaveras
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Wow great deal!!!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Great price! Hey beard can make new covers for them if you really can't stand them, but I would rock them. If the ladies ask you say " just wait till you see my circular rotating waterbed" 
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Keep in mind new covers are 90-95% the cost of a new seat. Been there, tried that before. Like others are saying - just rock um for now.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Dang I didn't realize the covers were that expensive.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
I was quoted over $150 for a regular super seat cover from beard years ago. It was much more expensive than I would have ever guessed.
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
$60 per seat in Mexico tweed and vinyl back. That was a couple year's ago for a friend's buggy. They were a old set of Taylor race seats.
- keenanduran1
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150
- Location: Dana Point, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
I am for sure not changing the covers, they will go nicely with disco ball I have
- keenanduran1
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150
- Location: Dana Point, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Water pump went out.
- HEAD
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:20 pm
- Bronco Info: I have a 94 bronco with coilover front end. With McNeil front and rear glass with a built 351w
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
I have to do mine too. It just started leaking the other day so annoying lol.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Just an FYI, I did that a little while back and it started leaking oil at the timing cover after replacement. It might be a good idea for you to remove and reseal the timing cover at the same time. And unfortunately since your going that far, consider a new timing chain since it's apart. I used " the right stuff" by permatex and no leaks of any kind since, just throw away the factory cardboard gaskets or glue both sides. But I feel your pain.
- keenanduran1
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150
- Location: Dana Point, CA
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
well the previous owner must have only used water instead of coolant. The studs are so rusted in there. Taking the timing cover off and doing that whole things. It's turned into a pain in the ass.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Mine was the exact same way. Glad your doing it all at once.
- keenanduran1
- Posts: 559
- Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 am
- Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150
- Location: Dana Point, CA
- Wrightracing.net
- Posts: 2235
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:58 pm
- Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
I hate working on motors on the truck. On my Bronco, I am doing a tube core support and a single military round harness connector, so it makes it easy to remove the whole front end around the engine and suspension.
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: Lisa A.K.A. LaBronc James
Smart thinking pulling the grill. I layed on my chest for what seemed like forever when I did mine and my chest hurt for days. Even with a stack of towels to pad me it got old quick. No fun at all. The worst part was after I did mine and tested it I realized the squeak I was chasing turned out to be the alternator.
