Tonys 93 bronco

User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

Yep
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

I just brought the Bronco back to my house and I'm uploading a short clip of how it sounds currently after the tune. I will post it up in a little bit
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

On the first page of my build thread has pics and vids of my setup http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =33&t=1111
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by SteveG »

That sounds good, Ryan!
User avatar
RyanDS650X
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8
Location: Mesa, AZ
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by RyanDS650X »

http://youtu.be/Vtllu3PL2Wo
This is the only one I have out in the desert but I think I had the waterproof case on the GoPro the sound isn't all that good the last run of the 3 in this video sounds alright
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Well. Bronco is down for almost 3 weeks now. Rear end humming turned out to be a Yukon locker that was going south. Fortunately it didn't while out in Mexico. Called up Yukon and all replacement parts were sent. Going to take advantage and do new bearings all the way through as well.

Also, same time noticed a leak at the water pump, turns out it was going south....no sweat! I have a brand new motorcraft in the garage I've been waiting to throw on....wait, one of those bolts breaks. Now the timing cover has to come off. Might as well do the chain right since it is all apart...... Sigh!

Well, it will come home shortly with a new y pipe, muffler, water pump, timing chain and full rebuild on the rear end. Time for another Mexico run!!
Rmc
El Jefe
Posts: 6028
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
Location: IE SoCal
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by Rmc »

Sounds like when I was chasing a squeak, one thing led to another. Glad no failures while in Mexico though, that would have sucked.
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by SteveG »

tcm glx wrote:Well. Bronco is down for almost 3 weeks now. Rear end humming turned out to be a Yukon locker that was going south. Fortunately it didn't while out in Mexico. Called up Yukon and all replacement parts were sent. Going to take advantage and do new bearings all the way through as well.

Also, same time noticed a leak at the water pump, turns out it was going south....no sweat! I have a brand new motorcraft in the garage I've been waiting to throw on....wait, one of those bolts breaks. Now the timing cover has to come off. Might as well do the chain right since it is all apart...... Sigh!

Well, it will come home shortly with a new y pipe, muffler, water pump, timing chain and full rebuild on the rear end. Time for another Mexico run!!
Generally, by the time we buy these trucks, it's too late. The damage is done. The best we can do is replace bad parts as we go and service the cooling system often. And, YES! It's better to find this stuff at home than on the road or trail.
VintageIronFab
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am
Bronco Info: Bronco List:
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by VintageIronFab »

Ryan might as well do an oil pan gasket while doing all that work-
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Well. Bronco is down for almost 3 weeks now. Rear end humming turned out to be a Yukon locker that was going south. Fortunately it didn't while out in Mexico. Called up Yukon and all replacement parts were sent. Going to take advantage and do new bearings all the way through as well.

Also, same time noticed a leak at the water pump, turns out it was going south....no sweat! I have a brand new motorcraft in the garage I've been waiting to throw on....wait, one of those bolts breaks. Now the timing cover has to come off. Might as well do the chain right since it is all apart...... Sigh!

Well, it will come home shortly with a new y pipe, muffler, water pump, timing chain and full rebuild on the rear end. Time for another Mexico run!!
Generally, by the time we buy these trucks, it's too late. The damage is done. The best we can do is replace bad parts as we go and service the cooling system often. And, YES! It's better to find this stuff at home than on the road or trail.

Yup no doubt
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

Really dig this picture from Mikes Sky Ranch
Image

Y Pipe is in
Image

Image

Third member is back together, and transfer case should be rebuilt by next week.....gotta get her home and cleaned up for KOH!
User avatar
SteveG
Admin
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:25 am
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)
Location: Arroyo Grande, CA

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by SteveG »

Nice! I bet it sounds great!
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

It does Steve....well it does sitting on the lift. I haven't been able to drive it but I did turn it on and listen while parked and it sounded good. I had always read on the other boards that the Bassani Headers and the Bassani y Pipe together worked incredibly well so I am anxious to drive it. Hopefully within the next week.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by otter »

Looking good Tony. You will like the y pipe, makes a big difference.
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

otter wrote:Looking good Tony. You will like the y pipe, makes a big difference.

Thanks. That's what I keep hearing.....I have yet to hear anyone not satisfied with it.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by otter »

You don't by chance have any of the blue rubber tubing that came with it left, do you?
User avatar
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Posts: 7309
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8
Location: Riverside Ca
Contact:

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by tcm glx »

otter wrote:You don't by chance have any of the blue rubber tubing that came with it left, do you?

I might, I'll check.
User avatar
crisis88
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 pm
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by crisis88 »

Looking good.
User avatar
otter
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm
Bronco Info: Currently in a holding pattern
Location: Hawaii

Re: Tonys 93 bronco

Post by otter »

tcm glx wrote:
otter wrote:You don't by chance have any of the blue rubber tubing that came with it left, do you?

I might, I'll check.

Thanks, let me know. I tossed the piece when I pulled it off the bronco. I am running a piece of regular rubber hose right now. I am always nervous its going burst into flames on any trips longer than my commute to work(2 Miles).
Post Reply