95 Bronco Build!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I looked into the spacer, I thought it was going to be something that pushed the whole assembly out. Being that it is just a little donut, I'm going to get her solid tonight and go from there.
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Yeah the spacer is just a little machined piece that goes between the wheel & mounting hub. Simple to add later & simple to make if you need one.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Kind of the same pic I've posted before, but you can see the rear pins, and I actually used a decent camera.

I'll have it at the El Cajon car show tonight

I'll have it at the El Cajon car show tonight
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Couple little updates


And the pain a lot of us Bronco guys have felt. Got to have AC!!!



And the pain a lot of us Bronco guys have felt. Got to have AC!!!

-
big-d
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm
- Bronco Info: 1987 F150, 351W/418 Stroker, E4OD, F250 1356 W/fixed yokes, Sterling 10.25, D50 TTB 4" over
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I like how you used the hinges with the rear hood pins! Going vintage air under the dash?
- cypher
- Posts: 218
- Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm
- Bronco Info: 1994 Ford Bronco w/ Southwest Performance suspension
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
+1 Very coolbig-d wrote:I like how you used the hinges with the rear hood pins! Going vintage air under the dash?
- ChaseTruck754
- Spy/Ninja
- Posts: 9194
- Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 am
- Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks
- Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
I was thinking the same thing. Haven't seen that done before that I can recall. Any instability there due to multiple "flex" points or is the thing pretty solid?big-d wrote:I like how you used the hinges with the rear hood pins! Going vintage air under the dash?
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
It's decently solid. It shakes around a little when i hit bumps, but it doesnt flap in the wind or anything. I just replaced the stock box, I blew out the old one a while back.
-
big-d
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 pm
- Bronco Info: 1987 F150, 351W/418 Stroker, E4OD, F250 1356 W/fixed yokes, Sterling 10.25, D50 TTB 4" over
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Can you tell me the distance from the top of the tire to the top of the fender? Or just from the ground to the top of the fender? I am setting my ride height on my F150 and was just curious where yours is at. I really like the stance on yours and the way it is all coming together.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
big-d wrote:Can you tell me the distance from the top of the tire to the top of the fender? Or just from the ground to the top of the fender? I am setting my ride height on my F150 and was just curious where yours is at. I really like the stance on yours and the way it is all coming together.
20" from the top of a worn down 35 to the fender. It actually sits a little ass high. I'd like to raise it an inch or so.
The rear of my truck, on paper, should be zero lift. 3" lift Deavers, with Giant shackles in the stock location. I think it's a couple inches high than stock.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
More, under hood bracing. The truck is feeling more and more solid.




- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
bitchin man!!!!!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
1 more


- 93Broncobuff
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:18 pm
- Bronco Info: 1993, 351w, K&N,4" Bilstein 5100 lift, procomp coils, SSFAB Beams, Giant R/A's
- Location: Huntington Beach, California
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
way too groovy man!! ahahah
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Looking good, let me know how well that cuts the vibration down. I've been needing to do that for a while.
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Rmc wrote:Looking good, let me know how well that cuts the vibration down. I've been needing to do that for a while.
I drove it earlier today over a decent little washboard. It still has some flex, but it's definitely an improvement from where it was. It was so bad before that it ripped off my lower radiator hose!
-
Rmc
- El Jefe
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm
- Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner
- Location: IE SoCal
- Contact:
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Wow! That's a lot of flex!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
Rmc wrote:Wow! That's a lot of flex!
Happened on my Mexico run, I'm still rocking the patch!
- yikes
- Founder
- Posts: 4138
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:51 am
- Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff
- Location: Yucaipa, CA
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
The problem is the frames are like spaghetti in these things. When the steel fenders are removed, things really start to loosen up. I didn't realize how bad it was until I pulled the hood due to a broken hinge and went running around Barstow. Scared the shiz out of me. Body begins to crack and just gets worse and worse until nearly unrecoverable. A cage solves it.Rmc wrote:Wow! That's a lot of flex!
Re: 95 Bronco Build!
What happen to that custom hood in your earlier posts?..
