Shock hoops

User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Shock hoops

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

I kind of feel dumb for askin but I've never built shock hoops and was wondering how you all had figured out the shock geometry behind it? I've decided to go all out instead of running replacement stock shocks. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make my shock hoops? i have the tools to do it, just need to know the key elements. Thanks.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
philofab
Basura Blanca
Posts: 5643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 am
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.
Location: Bullhead, AZ
Contact:

Re: Shock hoops

Post by philofab »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:I kind of feel dumb for askin but I've never built shock hoops and was wondering how you all had figured out the shock geometry behind it? I've decided to go all out instead of running replacement stock shocks. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make my shock hoops? i have the tools to do it, just need to know the key elements. Thanks.
There is no simple answer to that question! Are you referring to the front?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: Shock hoops

Post by Polarcub »

as Philo said no simple answer, some points to keep in mind you want the shock to not bind in its travel, cycle everything multiple times before you finalize. I would be happy to meet up with you as I am just up the street in menifiee i fyou want to take a look at my set up.
Jeremy
User avatar
hobbyturnedobsession
Posts: 4673
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
Location: High Desert CA

Re: Shock hoops

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

that'd be awesome thank you. i dont know anyone around here esp with any kind of bronco let alone one built at all. i'll figure somethin out with you. i could use the help. thank you.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
User avatar
Polarcub
Posts: 1949
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 pm
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........
Location: Brighton, TN

Re: Shock hoops

Post by Polarcub »

No worries drop me a PM I just live back by canyon lake off of Goetz. I am usually home early afternoon most days.
Jeremy
Post Reply