Installing a Solo Motorsports engine cage/coil over hoops. I had to unbolt the antilock brake controller next to the steering box. What are you guys doing with this, where is a good spot to relocate. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it, I would assume all you would need is a proportioning valve, new lines. Are there some error codes to clear if you remove it? Any kits or links for parts.
Thanks!
Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
-
Texas_Baja
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 am
- Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco, White XLT 351. Building a trail / go fast truck.
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Too lazy to search for it right now but there is a thread about removing ABS.
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Agreed with what Andy said...
If you google it, there's several detailed threads with close-up pictures for "Full Size Bronco ABS delete" i would post a saved link but i'm on my mobile (sorry). Shows all the wiring with labeling, etc.
I'm probably going to delete mine and do a dual bore CNC pedal assembly with 16" swing pedal (full size) but i'm pinching pennies til i can buy it all and set it up.
I hooped my engine cage over the ABS module so that it barely clears and i can leave it if i want or not. Thought SOLO's was the same? Can't remember off top of my head though
If you google it, there's several detailed threads with close-up pictures for "Full Size Bronco ABS delete" i would post a saved link but i'm on my mobile (sorry). Shows all the wiring with labeling, etc.
I'm probably going to delete mine and do a dual bore CNC pedal assembly with 16" swing pedal (full size) but i'm pinching pennies til i can buy it all and set it up.
I hooped my engine cage over the ABS module so that it barely clears and i can leave it if i want or not. Thought SOLO's was the same? Can't remember off top of my head though
T H R E A T Motorsports
- Silverslk
- Posts: 1932
- Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm
- Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home
- Location: Garden Grove, CA
- Contact:
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
- economig
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 am
- Bronco Info: 1994 Eddie Bauer 5.8L
- Location: SW Riverside County
Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Holy awesome link info batman! Ha ha that's the one!!! 
T H R E A T Motorsports
-
Texas_Baja
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 am
- Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco, White XLT 351. Building a trail / go fast truck.
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
Awesome. Thanks!Silverslk wrote:http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... =14&t=1359
- Deleted Account
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm
- Bronco Info: depends on what day
- Location: Ramona, California
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
I have found the the trashcan is an excellent place to keep my abs......
Mark Kiefer
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
Southwest Performance
858-449-2292
http://www.southwestperformance.net
Pics
http://www.photobucket.com/home/southwe ... /allalbums
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestPerformance
-
cs_drums
- Posts: 2912
- Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 am
- Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
I just removed all my abs stuff using the link posted above. It was a little over whelming on paper (I printed everything from the link out) but once i started taking stuff out it all made sence. Now if I can just finish the rest of the truck so I can drive it around and make sure it works!! HAHA
-
Texas_Baja
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:18 am
- Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco, White XLT 351. Building a trail / go fast truck.
Re: Engine Cage and anti-lock brakes
ABS Removed!! Wasn't so bad still need to install a proportioning valve. Any recommendations ? Don't need anything fancy just reliable. Thanks
