Mounting Seats
-
Conejoracer
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 5.8, Beater
- Location: Venice, ca
Mounting Seats
Has anyone here mounted off road seats (beard, mastercraft, etc.) to the stock Bronco Bench seat mount? If so, did you buy or fabricate the mounts for that install? I'm building my Bronco on the cheap, so I'd like to install my seats this way until I can have it properly caged.
- navynuke
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
- Location: Durham, NC
- Contact:
Re: Mounting Seats
I mounted some to a set of the stock bucket seat mounts, not sure about the bench mounts though.
Here are some pics to help give you an idea though, and my seats had a flat mount like the stock ones, not the 4 tabs the way most beard and mastercraft seats are setup


just drilled hoes in the passenger side where needed

full write up available here
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/sho ... p?t=163987
Here are some pics to help give you an idea though, and my seats had a flat mount like the stock ones, not the 4 tabs the way most beard and mastercraft seats are setup


just drilled hoes in the passenger side where needed

full write up available here
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/sho ... p?t=163987
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
-
shockseals.com
- Posts: 1116
- Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 am
- Location: San Dimas
- Contact:
Re: Mounting Seats
the stock brown low back pattern looks pretty bitchen. I like it.
Kris Hernandez
shockseals.com
shockseals.com
- navynuke
- Posts: 180
- Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:24 pm
- Bronco Info: 82 Bronco with some goodies
- Location: Durham, NC
- Contact:
Re: Mounting Seats
The back seat still matches it, but the drivers side was toast when I got the truck.

you can see the pattern of the back seat in this one


you can see the pattern of the back seat in this one

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage
-
lifeinthesouth
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 pm
- Bronco Info: 95 5.0L/E4OD
- Location: Kodiak, AK
Re: Mounting Seats
I just have some cheapo racetrims. They look the same as navy's and i mounted them exactly the same way.
You may just look into grabbing some bucket mounts out of another bronco or truck and adapt them.

You may just look into grabbing some bucket mounts out of another bronco or truck and adapt them.

- hobbyturnedobsession
- Posts: 4673
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 am
- Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0
- Location: High Desert CA
Re: Mounting Seats
I ran mine off of the stock mounts but lifted them a little. Works just fine.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
-
Conejoracer
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:26 pm
- Bronco Info: 1992 XLT 5.8, Beater
- Location: Venice, ca
Re: Mounting Seats
So it looks like I'd make some simple adapters, like those show for the bucket seat base installs? That seems easy enough!
