Superduty Radius Arms

CBDuner
Bronco Info: Wishing I had one!

Superduty Radius Arms

Post by CBDuner »

I've seen it mentioned on here, but can't find anyone who's actually ran them. There's a 2000's 2wd F250 at my local junkyard. Can get them cheap. Just seeing if anyone's got an opinion about using them or have seen them in action.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: Superduty Radius Arms

Post by philofab »

They work fine.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Kyles95
Bronco Info: '95 Bronco XLT custom 2.5" lift 32x11.5 BFG AT soon 4 inch and 33's via cut/turn beams

Post by Kyles95 »

My Brother used them in conjunction with a set of coils from an E350 van that were progressive rate and got around 3 inches of lift. Only complaint was it was hard to align, a set of Rough Country 2.5 pivot brackets or a very mild cut/ turn would have fixed that, although that has nothing to do with the arms.
It rode much better and flexed much better and they are 15 inches longer than stock, much like the Rancho arms.
CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

Thanks, that's more of what I was looking for. Any pics of them mounted? I can get them for $100 for the pair with mounts. Trying to decide if it's worth it. I'm thinking so if they're 15" over, look beefy enough. Does that style of bushing have enough "twist" in it for the 12-14" I was looking to accomplish?
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

CBDuner wrote:Thanks, that's more of what I was looking for. Any pics of them mounted? I can get them for $100 for the pair with mounts. Trying to decide if it's worth it. I'm thinking so if they're 15" over, look beefy enough. Does that style of bushing have enough "twist" in it for the 12-14" I was looking to accomplish?
They will work better than Rancho arms. OE stuff is better engineered and stronger most of the time.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

There was a picture on the site of a Spirit Racing built Bronco that had SuperDuty radius arms. Does someone have a pic of that truck?
CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

This is the only thing I've found on the subject.

http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... 1&start=20
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

Those are 4x4 arms. Guess I'll just get em and try them out. For $100 it's a cheap option for extended arms.
CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

Well, picked up the pair of arms and mounts for $100. They're definitely beefy and look like they'll work great. Was originally thinking I would plate them in, but know having them in my possession, I don't think it's needed. Might have to move the shock mount to on top of the arm if I use 5100's in the stock buckets, but will have to see when I tear down the Bronco.

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I think they look great. They remind me of the old Superlift arms made of plate steel.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Kyles95
Bronco Info: '95 Bronco XLT custom 2.5" lift 32x11.5 BFG AT soon 4 inch and 33's via cut/turn beams

Post by Kyles95 »

I wouldn't think you need to plate 'em. Ford put alot of time and engineering in those to make them suitable for a F250/F350
campbbg
Bronco Info: 1993 Eddie

Post by campbbg »

Man those look awesome!! I've been looking for a replacement for my ranchos after seeing some snapped and these look like a good alternative. Can't wait to see them installed.
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

I would not worry about modifying them. More material may cause stress points that will weaken them. OEMs spend millions on R+D, hard for anyone to compete with that.
CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

philofab wrote:I would not worry about modifying them. More material may cause stress points that will weaken them. OEMs spend millions on R+D, hard for anyone to compete with that.
That's what I was thinking as well. In pictures, they looked like they'd be a little flimsy. But in person they're plenty beefy, yet reasonably light weight.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

A uni-ball at the frame end wouldn't go astray :P
CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

Well, they went on pretty good with just a little bit of grinding. Had to cut the front part of the mounting bracket off to clear the body mount. The shock mount on the arm works perfect with the 4" lift 5100, the beams are in the bumpstop with a about 1/4" of shock stroke left.

Now the negatives are at ride height the bushing are in quite a bind. As it droops, it binds to far and starts to twist on the frame. But under compression, the bushing is relieved. If you used these with drop down brackets for the beams, it would probably work better, since the beams are not at a downward angle.

The second thing is I just got a call from the alignment shop, and he said he could maybe get it to 2 degrees caster with the max alignment bushings. So what are you're guys suggestions...

Welding in uniballs will take care of the binding issue, and really isn't a big deal to do. For caster what are my options? Cut and bend them up in the middle, or could I just weld in new tabs at an angle.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

you can get 0-3 adjustable cams from napa. and i would plate and redrill the lower bolt hole on the radius in the correct spot for caster.(if needed after the cams are adjusted) give me a call if you want...
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

It has a 2 degree bushing in one side already and that side has 1* caster. So a 3* would only get me to 2* like he told me. So you're suggesting adding material to the bottom tab, and redrilling a new hole further forward? Wouldn't I have to bend the tabs too, otherwise the bolt wouldn't line up.
CBDuner

Post by CBDuner »

I'm thinking I will remove the material I marked with the Black lines. Then cut at the Red line and bend the arm about 5-7 degrees. Then plate in the pie cut and the gap on the bottom, then plate in where I marked with the Blue lines. Take a little time, but I think in the end would be the strongest. Thoughts? Really want to make these arms work, and they could end up being a good option for others building Broncos, especially when you can pick these arms up for $100 and less.